breakbadsp

AutoIT AU3info doeas not detect all gui objects uniquely for .NET GUIs developed in C#.

3 posts in this topic

AutoIT AU3info doeas not detect all gui objects uniquely for .NET GUIs developed in C#.

this is not working now i am using COM windows approach for this, But its very difficult.

Please let me know if anyone has done it before.

A lot of GUIs are not designed on WINDOWS standard, like HTML, Flash, ...
So now AU3info can not detect that object on it!

Regards,

Hello. Welcome to AutoIt forum.

check FAQ:

FAQ 31 How to click some elements

Saludos

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Trisha
      By Trisha
      I tried (using AutoIt) to automate a scenario where i  have to open IE with specific URL on my extranet(Xen Desktop or Citrix ) ,from there i need to download  file and then through WinSCP; I  have to move that file to another location that can be access from my Local system using VMWare.
      I did as far as the above step. Now i want to navigate from my extranet to my local desktop system. But i am not able to move  from there.Mouse click is also not working.Please find the below screenshot highlighted in YELLOW.

• CYCho
      By CYCho
      Browsers seem to have a built-in feature to insert a check box (Prevent this page from creating additional dialogues) into the message box created by an web site. This check box seems to appear when the same message box is triggered in succession within a short span of time. My problem is that AutoIt cannot read the text of the IE11 message box when this check box is included. I started to experence this after my Windows 10 was updated to Anniversay Update. I would like to know if anyone has experienced the same thing and if there is a solution to let the AutoIt read the text.
    • XaelloNegative
      By XaelloNegative
      Hi,
      I'm currently saving process time stamps of my employer's other employees and saving it in a text document as data storage. However, my employer wants it to be processed in a day to day basis to generate their average process time per day. How can I compare today from yesterday and so on and so forth with the succeeding days? Whats the best approach to this?
      Thank you.
      ~XN~
    • JLogan3o13
      By JLogan3o13
      Not one usually to post non-AutoIt things, but as I have this question on StackExchange I thought I would throw it up here as well for any of our C# folks:
      I currently have an AutoIt GUI that calls a powershell script; the intent is to allow low-level technicians to batch create VMs in vSphere. Due to some changes in requirements from the customer, I am re-writing as a wpf app. The app itself is complete and working; this is more of a curiosity question.
      I have two methods attached to buttons on the GUI - one to pull all the data out of a listview and export to csv and another to do the reverse; importing from csv to the listview element. I wrote the export first, and went with manipulating the Excel application:
      private void Launch(object sender, RoutedEventArgs e) { Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.Application oExcel = new Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.Application(); oExcel.Visible = true; Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.Workbook oWorkBook = oExcel.Workbooks.Add(Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.XlSheetType.xlWorksheet); Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.Worksheet oSheet = (Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.Worksheet)oExcel.ActiveSheet; int row = 2; //allow for header row int column = 1; oSheet.Cells[1, 1] = "Name"; oSheet.Cells[1, 2] = "CPU"; oSheet.Cells[1, 3] = "RAM"; oSheet.Cells[1, 4] = "IP Address"; oSheet.Cells[1, 5] = "Subnet Mask"; oSheet.Cells[1, 6] = "Port Group"; oSheet.Cells[1, 7] = "Default Gateway"; oSheet.Cells[1, 8] = "DNS"; oSheet.Cells[1, 9] = "Description"; oSheet.Cells[1, 10] = "Template"; oSheet.Cells[1, 11] = "Host"; oSheet.Cells[1, 12] = "Site"; oSheet.Cells[1, 13] = "Folder"; oSheet.Cells[1, 14] = "DataStore"; oSheet.Cells[1, 15] = "Patch Method"; oSheet.Cells[1, 16] = "HDD1Size"; oSheet.Cells[1, 17] = "HDD1Format"; oSheet.Cells[1, 18] = "HDD2Size"; oSheet.Cells[1, 19] = "HDD2Format"; oSheet.Cells[1, 20] = "HDD3Size"; oSheet.Cells[1, 21] = "HDD3Format"; oSheet.Cells[1, 22] = "HDD4Size"; oSheet.Cells[1, 23] = "HDD4Format"; oSheet.Cells[1, 24] = "HDD5Size"; oSheet.Cells[1, 25] = "HDD5Format"; foreach (var oVM in MyItems) { oSheet.Cells[row, column] = oVM.Name; oSheet.Cells[row, (column + 1)] = oVM.CPU; oSheet.Cells[row, (column + 2)] = oVM.RAM; oSheet.Cells[row, (column + 3)] = oVM.IP; oSheet.Cells[row, (column + 4)] = oVM.Subnet; oSheet.Cells[row, (column + 5)] = oVM.PortGroup; oSheet.Cells[row, (column + 6)] = oVM.Gateway; oSheet.Cells[row, (column + 7)] = oVM.DNS; oSheet.Cells[row, (column + 8)] = oVM.Description; oSheet.Cells[row, (column + 9)] = oVM.Template; oSheet.Cells[row, (column + 10)] = oVM.Host; oSheet.Cells[row, (column + 11)] = oVM.Site; oSheet.Cells[row, (column + 12)] = oVM.Folder; oSheet.Cells[row, (column + 13)] = oVM.Datastore; oSheet.Cells[row, (column + 14)] = oVM.Patch; oSheet.Cells[row, (column + 15)] = oVM.HDD1Size; oSheet.Cells[row, (column + 16)] = oVM.HDD1Format; oSheet.Cells[row, (column + 17)] = oVM.HDD2Size; oSheet.Cells[row, (column + 18)] = oVM.HDD2Format; oSheet.Cells[row, (column + 19)] = oVM.HDD3Size; oSheet.Cells[row, (column + 20)] = oVM.HDD3Format; oSheet.Cells[row, (column + 21)] = oVM.HDD4Size; oSheet.Cells[row, (column + 22)] = oVM.HDD4Format; oSheet.Cells[row, (column + 23)] = oVM.HDD5Size; oSheet.Cells[row, (column + 24)] = oVM.HDD5Format; row++; } oExcel.Application.ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs(Environment.GetFolderPath(Environment.SpecialFolder.DesktopDirectory) + "\\example", 6); } It works, but it is slow. I have Excel set to visible for testing, and it is a good 6 or 7 seconds on a pretty high end box before the app even pops up.  It then takes another 2 seconds to populate 11 rows (this could be in the hundreds of rows at some point).
      I then wrote the code for the reverse, and decided to try a StreamReader object. The result, surprisingly, was almost immediate:
      OpenFileDialog xls = new OpenFileDialog(); xls.Multiselect = false; xls.Filter = "CSV files (*.csv)|*.csv"; xls.InitialDirectory = Environment.GetFolderPath(Environment.SpecialFolder.DesktopDirectory); xls.ShowDialog(); string ins; if (xls.FileName != null) { FileStream srcFS; srcFS = new FileStream(xls.FileName, FileMode.Open); StreamReader srcSR = new StreamReader(srcFS, System.Text.Encoding.Default); do { ins = srcSR.ReadLine(); if (ins != null) { string[] parts = ins.Split(','); MyItems.Add(new MyItem { Name = parts[0], CPU = parts[1], RAM = parts[2], IP = parts[3], Subnet = parts[4], PortGroup = parts[5], Gateway = parts[6], DNS = parts[7], Description = parts[8], Template = parts[9], Host = parts[10], Site = parts[11], Folder = parts[12], Datastore = parts[13], Patch = parts[14], HDD1Size = parts[15], HDD1Format = parts[16], HDD2Size = parts[17], HDD2Format = parts[18], HDD3Size = parts[19], HDD3Format = parts[20], HDD4Size = parts[21], HDD4Format = parts[22], HDD5Size = parts[23], HDD5Format = parts[24] }); } } while (ins != null); srcSR.Close(); } }  
      So, I thought I would go back and change the export to use the same method:
      FileStream srcFS; srcFS = new FileStream(Environment.GetFolderPath(Environment.SpecialFolder.DesktopDirectory) + "\\testingout.csv", FileMode.CreateNew, FileAccess.Write); StreamWriter srcWrt = new StreamWriter(srcFS, System.Text.Encoding.Default); StringBuilder header = new StringBuilder(); header.Append("Name").Append(',') .Append("CPU").Append(',') .Append("RAM").Append(',') .Append("IP Address").Append(',') .Append("Port Group").Append(',') .Append("Default Gateway").Append(',') .Append("DNS").Append(',') .Append("Description").Append(',') .Append("Template").Append(',') .Append("Host").Append(',') .Append("Site").Append(',') .Append("Folder").Append(',') .Append("Datastore").Append(',') .Append("Patch").Append(',') .Append("HDD1Size").Append(',') .Append("HDD1Format").Append(',') .Append("HDD2Size").Append(',') .Append("HDD2Format").Append(',') .Append("HDD3Size").Append(',') .Append("HDD3Format").Append(',') .Append("HDD4Size").Append(',') .Append("HDD4Format").Append(',') .Append("HDD5Size").Append(',') .Append("HDDFormat").Append(','); srcWrt.WriteLine(header); foreach (MyItem item in MyItems) { StringBuilder builder = new StringBuilder(); builder.Append(item.Name).Append(',') .Append(item.CPU).Append(',') .Append(item.RAM).Append(',') .Append(item.IP).Append(',') .Append(item.Subnet).Append(',') .Append(item.PortGroup).Append(',') .Append(item.Gateway).Append(',') .Append(item.DNS).Append(',') .Append(item.Description).Append(',') .Append(item.Template).Append(',') .Append(item.Host).Append(',') .Append(item.Site).Append(',') .Append(item.Folder).Append(',') .Append(item.Datastore).Append(',') .Append(item.Patch).Append(',') .Append(item.HDD1Size).Append(',') .Append(item.HDD1Format).Append(',') .Append(item.HDD2Size).Append(',') .Append(item.HDD2Format).Append(',') .Append(item.HDD3Size).Append(',') .Append(item.HDD3Format).Append(',') .Append(item.HDD4Size).Append(',') .Append(item.HDD4Format).Append(',') .Append(item.HDD5Size).Append(',') .Append(item.HDD5Format); srcWrt.WriteLine(builder); } MessageBox.Show("Task Complete"); What surprised me is this method is exponentially slower; on the order of 40 seconds to return the MsgBox. I also noticed that even though the loop is complete and shows the message, is seems the stream is still writing. If I open the file too quickly it shows that it is still in use by "Another User". So by the time the file is available to me it is actually closer to a minute for an 11-line csv.
      I'm just curious at the difference in speed read vs write using FileStream. Is it something I borked on implementation (eminently possible) or is this a known issue? If interacting with Excel is the way to go (not ideal) is there something I could do to shorten the initial lag?
    • mdwerne
      By mdwerne
      Hello,
      I'm working on a script that writes detailed application event logs, and I'd like to know if there is a way with Autoit to write multiple lines of XML EventData (see example below):
      <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> <System> <Provider Name="Application" /> <EventID Qualifiers="0">1001</EventID> <Level>4</Level> <Task>0</Task> <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords> <TimeCreated SystemTime="2015-07-12T21:26:07.000000000Z" /> <EventRecordID>86554</EventRecordID> <Channel>Application</Channel> <Computer>YOUR_COMPUTER</Computer> <Security /> </System> <EventData> <Data>DeskTop Agent: Mike</Data> <Data>Observer Username: Miguel</Data> etc... </EventData> </Event> So far, using EventCreate, everything I send end's up in a single <data> entry (see below):
      <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> <System> <Provider Name="Application" /> <EventID Qualifiers="0">1001</EventID> <Level>4</Level> <Task>0</Task> <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords> <TimeCreated SystemTime="2015-07-12T21:26:07.000000000Z" /> <EventRecordID>86554</EventRecordID> <Channel>Application</Channel> <Computer>YOUR_COMPUTER</Computer> <Security /> </System> <EventData> <Data>DeskTop Agent: Mike Observer Username: Miguel</Data> </EventData> </Event> Here is the code I'm using thus far (which does not work the way I'd like):
      $LogData = @CRLF & "DeskTop Agent: " & @UserName & @CRLF & "Observer Username: " & $DTObserver & @CRLF & "File name/s with extension: " & $FilenameWextension & @CRLF & "Action Performed: " & $ActionPerformed & @CRLF & "Explanation: " & $Explanation & @CRLF & "Machine Name: " & @ComputerName & @CRLF & "IP Address: " & @IPAddress1 & @CRLF & "App1Installed: " & $App1 & @CRLF & "App2Installed: " & $App2 Run("eventcreate /T Information /ID 100 /L Application /SO DTALog /D " & Chr(34) & "DTALog Details: " & $LogData & Chr(34), "", @SW_HIDE, 2) I found a Stackoverflow post that talks about doing it in C# (https://stackoverflow.com/questions/7694276/how-to-add-multiple-lines-of-eventdata-to-an-eventlog-in-windows)
      but I'd like to determine if it can be accomplished with AutoIt!.
      Thanks for your time,
      -Mike