duzers

Main script reading messages from other scripts.

3 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted

Hello,

I have to write script  ( as simple as possible) to read messages from other scripts (something like queue to run). How to start? Which groups of functions? Any ida?

THX

#2 ·  Posted

Hi @duzers,

It's complicated to give you a precise answer if you dont give more details about what you are trying to do, for example why do you have to use separate scripts to do such a thing instead of a single one.

You can simply store the "messages" from the "other scripts" in text files or registry values with functions like FileWrite or RegWrite then use Fileread / Regread to get these informations from the script which will "run the queue".

#3 ·  Posted

When you search the forum for IPC (Inter Process Communication) you will find a lot of solutions. One of them is MailSlot which seems to be quite simple.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2017-04-18 - Version 1.4.8.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2017-02-27 - Version 1.3.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2015-04-01 - Version 0.4.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki
PowerPoint (2015-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• RaiNote
      By RaiNote
      Hi,
      I don't know why but
      This Code
      and this
      exceed with their error codes~ Maybe this caused it reads 0x.. wrong i don't know how to fix this currently.
      <snip di snip>
      Normally there would be another Value then 0 or 1
    • Adams
      By Adams
      With Autoit 3.3.12.0 a script like the one attached was reading the file "sync_config.db" of google drive, located at %LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\Drive returning into var $sCloudFolder the value "C:\Users\Adams\Google Drive".
      Now, with Autoit 3.3.14.1, the same script, reading the same file, return into var a long string of characters.
      I made a text version of the file using copy and paste to observe the correct behavior.
      I think that the cause is the new method of decoding, but I could not figure out how to solve.
      #include-once #include <FileConstants.au3> #include <Constants.au3> ; if the Google Drive configuration file exists, it is read If FileExists("sync_config.db") Then ; open the Google Drive configuration file in reading $Handle_GoogleDrive_R = FileOpen("sync_config.db", $FO_READ) If $Handle_GoogleDrive_R = -1 Then ; Check if file opened for reading OK MsgBox(0, "Error", "An error occurred when reading the file " & "sync_config.db") Exit EndIf ; reading Google Drive configuration file $File_GoogleDrive = FileRead($Handle_GoogleDrive_R) ConsoleWrite("$File_GoogleDrive = " & $File_GoogleDrive & @CR) ; find folder path initial position $Start = 1 $Find = "local_sync_root_pathvalue\\?\" $Result = StringInStr($File_GoogleDrive, $Find, 0, 1, $Start) ; find folder path final position $Start = $Result + 29 $Find = "" $Result = StringInStr($File_GoogleDrive, $Find, 0, 1, $Start) $Len = $Result - $Start ; folder for Google Drive Service $sCloudFolder = StringMid($File_GoogleDrive, $Start, $Len) ConsoleWrite("$sCloudFolder = " & $sCloudFolder & @CR) ; close Google Drive configuration file FileClose($Handle_GoogleDrive_R) EndIf  
      sync_config_original.db
      sync_config_copy.db