LoneWolf_2106

Automatically get external data in Excel

LoneWolf_2106

Hi all,

i have an empty csv file, i have a non formatted text file.

What do i want to do?

I want to automate the process "get external data" in Excel, i want to import the data from the text file and basically create a csv file with a specific character encoding.

Is it possible with AutoIT?

water

Non-formatted means: Fixed column width or is there a separator character used?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2017-04-18 - Version 1.4.8.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2017-02-27 - Version 1.3.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2015-04-01 - Version 0.4.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki
PowerPoint (2015-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

LoneWolf_2106

a separator character, CRLF

Edited by LoneWolf_2106

water

Function _Excel_BookOpenText should do what you need.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2017-04-18 - Version 1.4.8.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2017-02-27 - Version 1.3.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2015-04-01 - Version 0.4.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

LoneWolf_2106

It worked greatly, thanks for your support

water

:) 

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• AnonymousX
      By AnonymousX
      Sorry if this is a repost, but having some trouble searching for the answer and pretty tired right now.
      I'm just wondering how to make a border around a range of cells in Excel. I want the regular lines created by selecting "All Borders" option around F2:G3
      I saw this code:
      With $oExcel.ActiveSheet.range("F2:G3") .Select .Borders($xlEdgeBottom).LineStyle = $xlContinuous .Borders($xlEdgeBottom).Weight = $xlThick .Borders($xlEdgeBottom).ColorIndex = $xlAutomatic EndWith but I get errors of these variables not existing. It seems these no longer exist in the "#include <Excel.au3>"
      Is there another include file I need?
      I got this to work for highlighting cells, wondering if there is a option similar to this for all borders?
      $oExcel.ActiveSheet.Range("F2:G3").Interior.ColorIndex = 6 Thanks
    • YouriKamperman
      By YouriKamperman
      I am working on a script that will turn all file names in a directory into an array, and then writes this Array to an Excel file.
      This in itself is working, but the RangeWrite function always puts the Array count in the first cell.
      How can i make sure this does not happen? I can of course just filter it out in Excel, but i am trying to keep all logic of filtering text in my script.
      This is what my script looks like:
      Local $Yesterday = _DateAdd('d', -1, _NowCalcDate())
      Local $cDate = StringReplace($Yesterday, "/", "-")
      Local $aFileList = _FileListToArray(@WorkingDir & "/" & $cDate, "*")
      Local $oExcel = _Excel_Open()
      Local $oWorkbook = _Excel_BookNew($oExcel)
      _Excel_RangeWrite($oWorkbook, $oWorkbook.Activesheet, $aFileList)
    • Eminence
      By Eminence
      Hello,
      Is there a way wherein I can access the data from an array coming from an Excel file then have it assigned on to a variable?
      Below is a snippet of my current code. For now, it just reads and outputs the data from the excel file and have it displayed via an array.
      #include <Array.au3> #include <Excel.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> Local $oExcel = _Excel_Open(False) If @error Then Exit MsgBox(0, "Error", "Error creating application object." & @CRLF & "Error: " & @error & " Extends: " & @extended) ; Open Excel Woorkbook and return object Local $sWorkbook = @ScriptDir & "\Excel Files\Test Data.xlsx" Local $oWorkbook = _Excel_BookOpen($oExcel, $sWorkbook, False, True) If @error Then MsgBox(0, "Error", "Error opening workbook'" & $sWorkbook & ".'" & @CRLF & "Error: " & @error & "Extends: " & @extended) _Excel_Close($oExcel) Exit EndIf Local $aResult = _Excel_RangeRead($oWorkbook) ; Error Trapping If @error Then MsgBox(0, "Error", "Error reading data from '" & $sWorkbook & ".'" & @CRLF & "Error: " & @error & " Extends: " & @extended) _Excel_Close($oExcel) Exit EndIf _ArrayDisplay($aResult) My Excel file has values from Column A to H with values from 1 to 30, what I desired to do is have the value in "A7" assigned on to a variable. 

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    • JNutt
      By JNutt
      I am trying to close an excel file that was not opened with _Excel_Open.  How do I found the excel application object?  I'm new and I am used to files and folders names, so an 'object' is new to me.  I have the info too and simply spy, but I don't know which info is the object name/string.  In the example from help doc's I see the code below and I tried justin pasting it into Scite.
      <
      Local $oExcel1 = ObjCreate("Excel.Application")
      ; Close the Excel instance which was not opened by _Excel_Open
      ; (will still be running because it was not opened by _Excel_Open)
      _Excel_Close($oExcel1)
      If @error Then Exit MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Excel UDF: _Excel_Close Example 1", "Error closing the Excel application." & @CRLF & "@error = " & @error & ", @extended = " & @extended)
      Sleep(2000)
      Local $aProcesses = ProcessList("Excel.exe")
      MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Excel UDF: _Excel_Close Example 1", "Function ended successfully." & @CRLF & @CRLF & $aProcesses[0][0] & " Excel instance(s) still running.")
      >
    • rudi
      By rudi
      Hello,
      I used the various "_Excel_*()" funktions to open workbooks, read and write cells.

I was looking through the helpfile for the _EXCEL_* funktions, if there is a direkt way to set background color or text color -- if there is one, then I missed it?

Searching the forum I found this posting demonstrating how to do this task using ...
      ObjCreate("Excel.Application")  
      Is there a way to set the background color etc. with the native "_EXCEL_*" as well?

Regards, Rudi.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.