ur

How to check which variable is creating error

3 posts in this topic

I have a script , during compilation and test execution, it worked perfectly but sometimes I am getting error as "Variable used without being declared."

I understood somewhere in the branching logic this is happening.

But not able to find it exactly.

As I am using multiple include statements.the line number is also not giving accurately.

Capture.PNG

Can anyone suggest what is the approach to resolve this?

I suggest the following approach: Use the search function of the forum :)
This subject has been discussed many, many times.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2017-04-18 - Version 1.4.8.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2017-02-27 - Version 1.3.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2015-04-01 - Version 0.4.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki
PowerPoint (2015-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

I think u are using a local variable , globaly......

as finishing touch god created the dutch

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Atoxis
      By Atoxis
      Howdy, this is my first post, massive fan of autoit. 
      I've searched and tried and I would just like people who are better at this than me to let me know if this is even a thing.

I'd like to perform just a variable. For example, it would be. *see inserted code*
      So what i'm wanting is, create the constant $test, and that variable would be what is followed after the = . Then perform the _FileCreate. Then perform the variable.  Logically or in my head rather.. That variable is declared and is equal to what it is set to above, therefore just placing the variable plainly in the script, it should be equal to what it was declared as.  So what am I doing wrong, and or how can I have autoit just perform the variable.  

#include <File.au3> Const $test = FileWriteLine(@DesktopDir & "\Log.txt", @CRLF ) _FileCreate(@DesktopDir & "\Log.txt") $test  
    • TrashBoat
      By TrashBoat
      Is this possible:
      Executing a function from an include, but taking the function name from a gui input and then executing that function using the include:
      #include <Something.au3> ;input reads "Tree" $functionName = GuiCtrlRead($input1) $functionName(1) And the include is gonna have
      Func Tree($x) If $x = 1 Then $this = "text" MsgBox(0,$this,"whatever") EndFunc is it possible?
    • SkysLastChance
      By SkysLastChance
      I keep losing the count of my $r varable when I go into the dropdown () function and call the same function.
      #include <Excel.au3> #include <AutoItConstants.au3> #include<GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include<EditConstants.au3> #include<GUIConstants.au3> Global $iBox, $oExcel, $oWorkbook, $r = 1, $x = 3 HowMany() Excel () Dropdown () Sleep (500) Func Dropdown () $list = GUICreate("Chart", 225, 80) $combobox = GUICtrlCreateCombo("Clinic 1", 10, 10, 120, 20) GUICtrlSetData(-1, "Clinic 2|Clinic 3|Clinic 4") $button = GUICtrlCreateButton("Select", 10, 40, 60, 20) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) While 1 $guibox = GUIGetMsg() Select Case $guibox = $button Select Case GUICtrlRead($combobox) = "Clinic 1" GUIDelete($list) Auto () EndSelect Case $guibox = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE EndSelect WEnd EndFunc Func HowMany() Local $iMsg While 1 ;~ Turn input into a number $iBox = Number(InputBox ("Regestration", "How Many Patients are there total?")) ;~ If user enters a string or cancels then get them to try again If $iBox = 0 Then $iMsg = MsgBox(1,'Regestration', 'Please enter a valid number') If $iMsg = 2 Then Exit Else ExitLoop EndIf WEnd EndFunc Func Excel() While ProcessExists("EXCEL.EXE") $ms = MsgBox(5,"","Process error. You have an Excel sheet open. You must close it in order to let this program work. Please close it now.") If $ms=2 Then Exit ;~ Doesn't require sleep since the script is paused by the MsgBox above ;~ Sleep(250) WEnd ;~ Shouldn't use Global Scope inside functions moved to top of script Local $sExcelFile = FileOpenDialog("Choose/Create Excel File", @ScriptDir, "(*.xlsx)") If FileExists($sExcelFile) Then ;~ Shouldn't use Global Scope inside functions moved to top of script $oExcel = _Excel_Open () $oWorkbook = _Excel_BookOpen($oExcel,$sExcelFile) ;this will open the chosen xls file. Else $oExcel = _Excel_Open() $oWorkbook = _Excel_BookNew($oExcel, 2);this is here to create the xls file if it does not exist. EndIf EndFunc Func Auto() Local $aArray1 = _Excel_RangeRead($oWorkbook) ;~ If $iBox is greater than no. of rows in $aArray then $iBox equals the number of rows in $aArray If $iBox > (UBound($aArray1) - 1) Then $iBox = UBound($aArray1) - 1 For $i = 2 To UBound($aArray1) - 1 ;$i =0 Start from row A If $aArray1[$i][1] = "" Then Continueloop $sR0 = $aArray1[$i][0] ;status $sR1 = $aArray1[$i][1] ;Last Name $sR2 = $aArray1[$i][2] ;First Name $sR3 = $aArray1[$i][3] ;DOB $sR4 = $aArray1[$i][4] ;Sex $sR5 = $aArray1[$i][5] ;Mailling Address $sR6 = $aArray1[$i][6] ;Zip $sR7 = $aArray1[$i][7] ;Phone # $sR8 = $aArray1[$i][8] ;Visit Reason $sR9 = $aArray1[$i][9] ;Insurance $sR10 = $aArray1[$i][10] ;Clinic $sR11 = $aArray1[$i][11] ;Provider $sR12 = $aArray1[$i][12] ;Appt Time $sR13 = $aArray1[$i][13] ;Appt Date WinWaitActive ("Untitled - Notepad") ControlSend("Untitled - Notepad", "", "", $sR1 & ',' & $sR2 & @CR) $r += 1 If $r > $iBox Then Exit Dropdown () Next EndFunc so the second time I choose clinic 1 I want it to go to the next row which would be Champ brett in my example excel.

Test.xlsx
      Example Format.xlsx
    • TheDcoder
      By TheDcoder
      Hello everyone, I discovered a bug yesterday and I posted it at the bug tracker:
      I also made a simple script which can be used to reproduce the bug:
      CreateVariable() ConsoleWrite($sGlobalVariable & @CRLF) Func CreateVariable() Global $sGlobalVariable = "Foobar" EndFunc The bug was closed by @BrewManNH:
      While I partially agree with the above statement, My code was not practical enough... so @mLipok advised me to create a thread on the forums with practical code (Thanks!). That is the point of this thread, I am going to provide the code where I experience this bug/problem .
      I discovered this bug when I was working on one of my projects called "ProxAllium". When the main script finishes execution, Au3Check throws a nasty warning about "variable possibly used before declaration":

As you can see, the variable is indeed being used after calling the function in which the variable is declared... The warning won't appear if I declare the function ABOVE the variable. As @BrewManNH said, Au3Check reads line by line... I think this should be changed, Au3Check should not throw warnings if the interpreter is able to run the code, at least most of the time anyway!
      So what do you guys think? Is this a valid bug?... and I request those who participate in the discussion not to discuss the code being "poor", that is another thing/thread in itself
      P.S I had already written this once but the forum editor decided to mess up and when I undid (Ctrl + Z) something... This is a poorly written version of that article, I was very frustrated while writing this!
    • TMelanson
      By TMelanson
      Hi folks,
      I'm hoping someone can help me out here.
      Background:
      I have the need to run a program with admin credentials (#RequireAdmin), and then get the SID of the locally logged in account. Not the admin account.
      If you look at the attached script, Line 16 uses the @UserName variable and returns the SID for the admin account I used to launch the app.
      I want to use line 17 which passes the result of the _GetUsername function which is a username using  ($UserName) to the WMIService.
      I'm getting " The requested action with this object has failed.:" error message.
      Any suggestions would be appreciated!

test1.au3