Helpful script small andquick

Id like to build a little helpertool for my boss in office but i dont know how to sart it.

thats no complicated task. im working for an insurancecenter and have to search the customers in different orders and different tags.

due to my boss is old and not really commen with pc he saves the customers without system.

eg, customer andreas statham got an insurenca for his car then i got to search for

andreas statham car, andreas car statham, car andreas statham, statham andreas car, statham car andreas, car statham andreass etc to find all the files from this customer in the harddrive.

some customers also are fmiliarnamed in one file like andreas statam and monika rog are married an both got a carinsurance then i got to earch for

andreas statham monika rog car, andreas statham monika car rog,.... this can take real long to find the right customer if i do it from hand.

how can i realise this someone in here got an excamlple script or has any sugestion?

Svenjatsu,

Not enough info to go on.

1. File naming convention

2. File organization (common folder, individual folders, no folder)

3. What links multiple customer files?

4. What format are the files?

Curiousity: how is billing organised?

Kylomas

Edited by kylomas
spelling...srupid smart phone

Forum Rules         Procedure for posting code

"I like pigs.  Dogs look up to us.  Cats look down on us.  Pigs treat us as equals."

- Sir Winston Churchill

Is the idea to build a tool to start saving information of the customers from now on?

To have a simple tool that saves names and aditional info if needed and then you can retrieve a list of customers in the future?

I did something like this in the past, a very small thing, only have to translate it, because it's in my language, i can then post here if you want to test.

Spoiler

Renamer - Rename files and folders, remove portions of text from the filename etc.

GPO Tool - Export/Import Group policy settings.

MirrorDir - Synchronize/Backup/Mirror Folders

BeatsPlayer - Music player.

Params Tool - Right click an exe to see it's parameters or execute them.

String Trigger - Triggers pasting text or applications or internet links on specific strings.

Inconspicuous - Hide files in plain sight, not fully encrypted.

Regedit Control - Registry browsing history, quickly jump into any saved key.

Time4Shutdown - Write the time for shutdown in minutes.

Power Profiles Tool - Set a profile as active, delete, duplicate, export and import.

Finished Task Shutdown - Shuts down pc when specified window/Wndl/process closes.

NetworkSpeedShutdown - Shuts down pc if download speed goes under "X" Kb/s.

IUIAutomation - Topic with framework and examples

Au3Record.exe