Autoit Wrappers

Valuater

ConsoleWrite(_ReturnCard() & @LF)

Func _ReturnCard()
    Local $aFaces[5] = [4, "Clubs", "Diamonds", "Hearts", "Spades"], _
            $aNumbers[14] = [13, "Two", "Three", "Four", "Five", "Six", "Seven", "Eight", "Nine", "Ten", "Jack", "Queen", "King", "Ace"]
    Return $aNumbers[Random(1, $aNumbers[0], 1)] & " Of " & $aFaces[Random(1, $aFaces[0], 1)]
EndFunc   ;==>_ReturnCard

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

Global $aArray = _ComputerNameAndModel() ; Returns an Array with 2 indexes.
MsgBox(64, "_ComputerNameAndModel()", 'The Product is a "' & $aArray[0] & '" and the Serial Number is "' & $aArray[1] & '".')

Func _ComputerNameAndModel()
    Local $aReturn[2] = ["(Unknown)", "(Unknown)"], $oColItems, $oWMIService

$oWMIService = ObjGet("winmgmts:.rootcimv2")
    $oColItems = $oWMIService.ExecQuery("Select * From Win32_ComputerSystemProduct", "WQL", 0x30)
    If IsObj($oColItems) Then
        For $oObjectItem In $oColItems
            $aReturn[0] = $oObjectItem.Name
            $aReturn[1] = $oObjectItem.IdentifyingNumber
        Next
        Return $aReturn
    EndIf
    Return SetError(1, 0, $aReturn)
EndFunc   ;==>_ComputerNameAndModel

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

#cs
    If you're using Windows x86 then '' is returned otherwise if you're using x64 then '64' is returned.
#ce
ConsoleWrite("Program" & _OSArch() & ".exe" & @LF)

Func _OSArch()
    Return StringRegExpReplace(@OSArch, "(?i)x86|D+", "") ; Thanks to wraithdu.
EndFunc   ;==>_OSArch

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

Sorry about that, is that better? (See above) I don't proclaim to be a SRE guru so a better approach is always welcome.

The idea behind this came as I needed to use a wrapper for an application that I'd compiled as x32 & x64. The application was labeled as Program.exe and Program64.exe, so for ease I created this so I only had to call "Program" & _OSArch() & ".exe" instead of using an If...Else...EndIf statement.

UDF List:

Sorry, that is still so not right :) You're an intelligent "Not Telling", read up a little on regex's and get a testing app, they're not that hard after you play with them for a bit. Try this:

StringRegExpReplace(@OSArch, "(?i)x86|D+", "")

The most glaring error above is 'd[86]'. That means match one digit followed by an 8 OR a 6, but only one... which matches nothing in 'x86'. This one here matches 'x86' (case insensitive) as a first preference, if not then it matches a series of one or more non-digits, ie 'x' or 'ia' in 'x64' or 'ia64'.

Edited by wraithdu

Thanks wraithdu, I will probably use your version from now on, the thing is I understand the syntax but I think most have the same problem as I do initially, trying to apply the theory into practice, give me time and I will become a guru ;)

*cough* intelligent ha ha *cough*

I did test my version and the output I got was exactly the same as yours so this is why I didn't think it was wrong (see below) also I'm using Mat's SRETester to help :)

ConsoleWrite("Program" & StringRegExpReplace("X86", "D|d[86]", "") & ".exe" & @LF)
ConsoleWrite("Program" & StringRegExpReplace("X64", "D|d[86]", "") & ".exe" & @LF)
ConsoleWrite("Program" & StringRegExpReplace("IA64", "D|d[86]", "") & ".exe" & @LF)

#cs
    Output:
    Program.exe
    Program64.exe
    Program64.exe
#ce

UDF List:

Well I have to apologize a bit here, as my thought process about matching versus replacing is a bit flawed. The replacing is global, so in this case D will get rid of all non-numerics, leaving you with 86 or 64.

'D|d[86]' actually works a bit by luck for you. First, D removes any non-numerics, leaving you with 86 or 64. The luck part is actually how d[86] works. Since the replace must match ALL of your test, ie that test MUST match two characters, here is what is happening:

d -> matches the 8

[86] -> matches the 6

So here's what I think you're really after. You want to remove all non-numerics, then remove '86' if it exists. Also, now the case-insensitivity flag is no longer needed.

StringRegExpReplace(@OSArch, "D|86", "")

• Moderators

guinness,

I learnt what little I know of SREs from here - I thoroughly recommend it as a tutorial and reference. And GEOSoft has a great SRE app in his sig - invaluable for testing what you think is a perfect solution and is in fact a complete dog (speaking from experience here :D).

The real gurus around here are GEOSoft, jchd and SmOke-N - there are others too but one of those 3 usually turns up when I have posted a semi-intelligent SRE to point out that I have missed something. ;)

Personally I regard SREs as the hardest (computing) thing I have ever tried to learn - and pretty high on the all time list as well. :)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Thanks to you both.

wraithdu thanks for the new SRE it makes alot more sense the way you've done it.

And Melba thanks for the tutorial too, I read it initially but know I still have a lot more to learn :)

UDF List:

Returns True or False to whether Windows is using Classic Theme Mode or not.

#include <WinAPIEx.au3> ; Download From http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/98712-winapiex-udf/ by Yashied.

ConsoleWrite(_IsClassicTheme() & @LF)

Func _IsClassicTheme() ; By guinness 2011. Returns True or False.
   _WinAPI_GetCurrentThemeName()
   Return @error > 0
EndFunc   ;==>_IsClassicTheme

UDF List:

; 30 Day Trial
; Author MSLx Fanboy

#include<date.au3>
#include<string.au3>

If RegRead("HKCUSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrent Version", "XPClean Menu") = "" Then
    RegWrite("HKCUSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrent Version", "XPClean Menu", "REG_SZ", _StringEncrypt(1, _NowCalc(), @ComputerName))
    SetError(0)
EndIf
$startdate = _StringEncrypt(0, RegRead("HKCUSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrent Version", "XPClean Menu"), @ComputerName)

If _DateDiff("D", $startdate, _NowCalc()) > 30 Then
    MsgBox(0, "*XPClean Menu*", "You're registration period has expired.")
    Exit
EndIf

8)

hi my sir

that is great work and excellent

in the fact i wish to be an expert yourself

but i have some notes in your script like

when you change time or computer name, your tool is work and it will be not trail

#include <WinAPI.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>

ConsoleWrite(_IsLeftHandedMouse() & @CRLF)

Func _IsLeftHandedMouse()
    Return _WinAPI_GetSystemMetrics($SM_SWAPBUTTON) > 0
EndFunc   ;==>_IsLeftHandedMouse

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

A couple of ways to get the OS version number without an API call.

MsgBox(0, "_OSVersion()", _OSVersion())
MsgBox(0, "_OSVersionEx()", _OSVersionEx())

Func _OSVersion()
    Return RegRead("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindows NTCurrentVersion", "CurrentVersion")
EndFunc   ;==>_OSVersion

Func _OSVersionEx()
    Return StringLeft(FileGetVersion(@SystemDir & "WinVer.exe"), 3)
EndFunc   ;==>_OSVersionEx

UDF List:

ConsoleWrite(_GetDriveBySerial("S3Ri41") & @LF)

Func _GetDriveBySerial($sSerial)
    Local $aDriveList[25] = [24, "C:", "D:", "E:", "F:", "G:", "H:", "I:", "J:", "K:", "L:", "M:", "N:", "O:", "P:", _
            "Q:", "R:", "S:", "T:", "U:", "V:", "W:", "X:", "Y:", "Z:"]
    For $A = 1 To $aDriveList[0]
        If (DriveGetSerial($aDriveList[$A]) = $sSerial And DriveStatus($aDriveList[$A]) = "READY") Then
            Return $aDriveList[$A]
        EndIf
    Next
    Return SetError(1, 0, "(Unknown)")
EndFunc   ;==>_GetDriveBySerial

UDF List:

Instead of manually having to change the year of copyright everytime a new year comes around just use the following function by entering the initial year and never have to worry again.

ConsoleWrite(Chr(169) & " " & _CopyrightYear("2010") & @LF) ; Pass a String of 2010. This is the year the software was created.
ConsoleWrite(_CopyrightYear(2010) & @LF) ; Pass a Number of 2010.
ConsoleWrite(_CopyrightYear(2012) & @LF) ; Pass a Number of 2012.

Func _CopyrightYear($iStartYear, $sDelimeter = "-") ; Return a String representation.
    If Number($iStartYear) <> @YEAR Then
        Return String($iStartYear & " " & $sDelimeter & " " & @YEAR)
    EndIf
    Return String($iStartYear)
EndFunc   ;==>_CopyrightYear
Edited by guinness

UDF List:

Simple way of parsing XML data.

#include <Array.au3>

Global $aReturn, $sXMLData

$sXMLData = "<data>This is a Simple example of XML</data><data>This is a Simple example of XML and is the Second String.</data>"
$aReturn = _GetXML($sXMLData, "data")
_ArrayDisplay($aReturn, "_GetXML()")

Func _GetXML($sString, $sData)
    Local $aError[2] = [1, $sString], $aReturn

$aReturn = StringRegExp('<' & $sData & '></' & $sData & '>' & $sString, '(?s)(?i)<' & $sData & '>(.*?)</' & $sData & '>', 3)
    If @error Then
        Return SetError(1, 0, $aError)
    EndIf
    $aReturn[0] = UBound($aReturn, 1) - 1
    Return SetError(0, 0, $aReturn)
EndFunc   ;==>_GetXML

UDF List:

The idea came from a post I saw by and decided to create a small wrapper function to change the time on a users system.

_ChangeTime(@HOUR, @MIN)

Func _ChangeTime($iHour, $iMin)
    Local $sTime = $iHour & RegRead("HKEY_CURRENT_USERControl PanelInternational", "sTime") & $iMin
    RunWait(@ComSpec & " /c Time " & $sTime, "", @SW_HIDE)
    Return $sTime
EndFunc   ;==>_ChangeTime
Edited by guinness

UDF List:

ConsoleWrite(_WinAPI_PathIsNetworkPath("C:") & @CRLF)

Func _WinAPI_PathIsNetworkPath($sFilePath)
    Local $aReturn = DllCall("shlwapi.dll", "int", "PathIsNetworkPathW", "wstr", $sFilePath)
    If @error Then
        Return SetError(1, 0, 0)
    EndIf
    Return $aReturn[0]
EndFunc   ;==>_WinAPI_PathIsNetworkPath

UDF List:

An API alternative to FileExist.

ConsoleWrite(_WinAPI_PathFileExists(@ScriptFullPath) & @LF) ; File.
ConsoleWrite(_WinAPI_PathFileExists("C:") & @LF) ; Drive.
ConsoleWrite(_WinAPI_PathFileExists(@ProgramFilesDir) & @LF) ; Directory.
ConsoleWrite(_WinAPI_PathFileExists("Z:File.txt") & @LF) ; Shouldn't exist!

Func _WinAPI_PathFileExists($sFilePath)
    Local $aReturn = DllCall('shlwapi.dll', 'int', 'PathFileExistsW', 'wstr', $sFilePath)
    If @error Then
        Return SetError(1, 0, 0)
    EndIf
    Return $aReturn[0]
EndFunc   ;==>_WinAPI_PathFileExists

UDF List: