nooneclose

[SOLVED] Sending data from Excel to Chrome

nooneclose

I want to check some Excel data against data on a website in Chrome. I use Chrome because the site I use does not function properly in Internet Explorer or Firefox. I know how to do the Excel stuff I just can not figure out how to send to Chrome, let alone check to see if the data matches or not. I am also having trouble finding any help online while searching for Chrome functions for Autoit. I have a Chrome UDF installed but I still can not figure out how to get my code to properly function. (I am not posting code because I am  sure my code isn't right, to begin with)

As usual, any and all help would be greatly appreciated. 

Edited by nooneclose

caramen

You have to forgot Chrome UDF since it s not orking anymore . You need an extention that is not allowed to install by chrome store. Also you have to get this extention on all other Host that will run your script.

Check UIA automation.

Or

ClipGet ()

MouseClick

Send:

("^a")

("^c")

("^v")

In addition you got already the knowledge of Excel_UDF.au3

My video tutorials : HERE ( In construction ) 

How to Ask Help ||  UIAutomation From Junkew || WebDriver From Danp2 || And Water's UDFs in the Quote

Spoiler

Water's UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2018-10-19 - Version 1.4.10.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (2018-10-31 - Version 1.3.4.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
PowerPoint (2017-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki

water

Or use the WebDriver UDF to automate Chrome:

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2018-12-03 - Version 1.4.11.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (2018-10-31 - Version 1.3.4.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
iCal (2019-01-22 - Version 0.1.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
PowerPoint (2017-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki

nooneclose

Thank you both very much @water  @caramen! I will look into both suggestions and will let you know how they helped. 

nooneclose

I did not like the send method though it kind of worked and I could not get the Webdriver UDF to work so I dropped the project.  

I am too busy right now to find a way around it. 

nooneclose
Posted (edited)

I was able to store the excel data in a multidimensional array and then I used WebDriver that @Danp2 recommended. Webdiver allowed me to connect with Chrome to send the data I wanted to the correct webpage. Sorry about not posting the code. I hope however that the explanation was good enough for others figure it out as well. This problem has been solved.

Edited by nooneclose

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• gahhon
      By gahhon
      I have a python script automate.py and I wanna run it via CMD.
      As I know to execute python via CMD is something like this
      $CMD = "Something python here" Run(@ComSpec & " /c " & $CMD) But how can I just open the 1 CMD and send multiple commands to the CMD based on the function called?
      For instance like:

Launch CMD and send python then send import automate If google() function is called - send automate.google() to the CMD If yahoo() function is called - send automate.yahoo() to the CMD  I don't want to execute multiple CMD to call the automate functions. This is due to inside the python script have global variable to handle duplicate flag.
      So if I execute multiple CMD to call the functions, the global variable will be keep new as NULL. Which is not my expectation.

Thanks
    • gahhon
      By gahhon
      I only found that AutoIt can actually execute the entire python script or execute the .exe (converted to .exe from .py)
      But what if I just want call the particular function? If that possible to do so?
      This is because python can't create fancy GUI like AutoIT does. So my plan is use AutoIT to have fancy GUI.
      Then each buttons will trigger specific function in the python script or .exe file.
      For instances:
      btnSum - trigger function in python script or .exe file (funcSum)
      btnMinus - trigger function in python script or .exe file (funcMinus)

Thanks for advance information.
    • nacerbaaziz
      By nacerbaaziz
      Hello my friends
      Can we create a single context menu on more than one item?
      For example, a context menu includes standardized options on more than one control, such as buttons or check boxes
      to Create a context menu on one item am using this function
      GUICtrlCreateContextMenu ($ HWND)
      How to link it with more than one element please?
      or if we can't do that, please give me a solution
      so i tried to add an context menus to all the controls but the script will be long, for that if their are any solutions i hope to give it to me
      thanks in advanced
    • SlackerAl
      By SlackerAl
      I have an issue when starting Excel with the following code
      #include <Excel.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> Opt("GUIOnEventMode", 1) GUICreate("Excel Test", 600, 440) GUISetOnEvent($GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, "MenuExit") GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) ; Create application object Local $oExcel = _Excel_Open() If @error Then Exit MsgBox(0, "Excel UDF: _Excel_RangeFind Example", "Error creating the Excel application object." & @CRLF & "@error = " & @error & ", @extended = " & @extended) ; sit here forever with an option to react every 10ms While 1 Sleep(10) WEnd Exit Func MenuExit() GUIDelete() Exit EndFunc If the Excel is a standard install, everything is OK. If Excel has the Kutools add-in (https://www.extendoffice.com/product/kutools-for-excel.html) installed and active the excel process runs (and is visible in task manager until killed), but it never displays. Disabling the add-in restores normal functionality.
      If I add some additional code to interact with the excel application then still nothing happens if the add-in is active. However, if Excel is started first and then the AutoIt code is run, it is able to interact with the Excel session as normal.
      Summary: The Excel add-in Kutools prevents excel being started with the _Excel_Open() command from AutoIt. Any AutoIt side work-arounds for this?
    • Morphice
      By Morphice
      Hello , 
      I am new to autoIT, I am wondering if someone could guide me in the correct path for this program. Attached are the steps for the program as well as what I currently have. Any help is greatly appreciated . Thank You. 
      * workbooks\sheets will be organized on per level basis , 1st sheet lvl 1 ,2nd sheet lvl 2 etc or workbook 1 = level 1, workbook 2 = level 2 etc. 
      ; = comments and reminders 
      #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> #include <EditConstants.au3> #include<excel.au3> #include<Array.au3> Global Const $PatientLookupX = 320 Global Const $PatientLookupY = 64 ; down 1 and enter Global Const $PatientTextBoxX = 410 Global Const $PatientTextBoxY = 217 ; click , Ctrl + V , Enter Global Const $PHMhubX = 512 Global Const $PHMhubY = 613 ;click down 1 enter button Global Const $HealthRiskAssesmetX = 40 Global Const $HealthRiskAssesmetY = 162 Global Const $AddnewAssesmentX = 168 Global Const $AddnewAssesmentY = 98 Global Const $SelectAssesmentX = 342 Global Const $SelectAssesmentY = 98 ; Down 7 and enter Risk score new Global Const $EmptyAnswerBarX = 465 Global Const $EmptyAnswerBarY = 145 Global Const $LowriskpreventionX = 716 Global Const $LowriskpreventionY = 324 Global Const $MediumriskPreventionX = 716 Global Const $MediumriskPreventionY = 352 Global Const $HighriskPreventionX = 716 Global Const $HighriskPreventionY = 377 Global Const $CatatrosphicPreventionX = 714 Global Const $CatatrosphicPreventionY = 399 Global Const $ClosebuttonX = 1167 Global Const $ClosebuttonY = 666 Global Const $SaveRiskButtonX = 1161 Global Const $SaveRiskButtonY = 692 Global Const $ExitCPScreenX = 1339 Global Const $ExitCPScreenY = 8 Global Const $ExitpatientHubX = 1000 Global Const $ExitpatientHubY = 79 Global Const $sleepMod = 2 Global Const $sleepVal = 5000*$sleepMod Global Const $sleepLow = 200*$sleepMod Global Const $sleepMed = 1000*$sleepMod Global Const $sleepHigh = 3500*$sleepMod ;Function Open excel , read account number in column A ;------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- HotKeySet("{ESC}","stopbaby") Func _WinWaitActivate($title,$text,$timeout=0) $hWnd = WinWait($title,$text,$timeout) If Not WinActive($title,$text) Then WinActivate($title,$text) WinWaitActive($title,$text,$timeout) EndFunc $i=0 While $i <=2 $i = $i+1 Local $Open_excel = _Excel_Open() Local $File_path = "D:\AutoIT\Risk_Test.xlsx" Local $Open_workbook = _Excel_BookOpen($Open_excel,$File_path) WinActivate($Open_workbook) Local $Read_account_number = _Excel_RangeRead($Open_workbook,default,"A" &$i) _Excel_Close($Open_excel,False) WEnd ;--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Func NavtoSearch() WinActivate(eClinicalWorks (Garcia,Erick) Sleep($sleepMed) MouseClick("",693,77) Send("!p") ; shortcut for patient menu Send("{DOWN}") ; down 1 send ("{Enter}") ; patient lookup Sleep($sleepMed) ;paste account number How would I do this??? Send("{Enter}") ;Once patient is found, + enter = takes you to patient hub Sleep($sleepMed) Next NavtoPHMHub() ;------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Func NavtoPHMHub() MouseClick("",$PHMhubX,$PHMhubY) Sleep($sleepLow) Send("{DOWN}") Send("{ENTER}") ;takes you to Care Plan HUB Next NavtoRiskScore() ;------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Func NavtoRiskScore() MouseClick("",$HealthRiskAssesmetX,$HealthRiskAssesmetY) ;Clicks on HealthRisk assesment Sleep($sleepLow) MouseClick("",$AddnewAssesmentX,$AddnewAssesmentY) ; Click addnew assesment Sleep($sleepLow) MouseClick("",$SelectAssesmentX,$SelectAssesmentY) ;click select assesment tab Sleep($sleepLow) Send("{DOWN 7}") Send("{ENTER}") Sleep($sleepLow) MouseClick("",$EmptyAnswerBarX,$EmptyAnswerBarY) ;Click on Empty answer bar Sleep($sleepLow) MouseClick("",$LowriskpreventionX,$LowriskpreventionY) ; selects Risk Score, Change for other types 1-6 Next NavtoNextPatient() Func NavtoNextPatient MouseClick("",$ClosebuttonX,$ClosebuttonY) MouseClick("",$SaveRiskButtonX,$SaveRiskButtonY) MouseClick("",$ExitCPScreenX,$ExitCPScreenY) MouseClick("",$ExitpatientHubX,$ExitpatientHubY) EndFunc ;Function should loop back to excel sheet, copy next account number, activate eclinicalworks, and repeat the steps ;--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Func stopbaby() exit EndFunc Best Regards,
      Morphice
      steps for program.docx