nooneclose

How to convert a outline.showlevels VBA code to Autoit

nooneclose

How do I properly convert this to Autoit? This is a VBA macro that I recorded in Excel.

ActiveSheet.Outline.ShowLevels RowLevels:=2

I need this to close my subtotal once it is finished. 

any help will be greatly appreciated. 

JLogan3o13

Try something like this (a little difficult when you don't post the rest of your code):

$oWorkbook.ActiveSheet.ShowLevels.RowLevels=2

√-1 2^3 ∑ π, and it was delicious!

nooneclose

@JLogan3o13 The script compiled but nothing happened. 

$OpenWorkbook.ActiveSheet.ShowLevels.RowLevels=2

How much of my code do you want? it is 600 lines almost. 

nooneclose

@JLogan3o13 Here is a section of my code where I do the subtotal and where I need it to collapse. I want to collapse the row level 2 after the subtotal with actual code instead of mouse clicks.

Sleep(1000)
MsgBox($MB_ICONINFORMATION, "WO_to_FTE_Bot", "Subtotal started")
Sleep(1000)

Const $xlSum = -4157
Global $sub_Array[1] = [7]
$oRange = $OpenWorkbook.Activesheet.Range("A1:N" & $IndexRows)
$oRange.Subtotal(2, $xlSum, $sub_Array, True, False, True)

;Sleep(3000)
;MouseClick("primary", 1107, 673, 1, 10)           ;clicks on/in th excel file to ativate it just in case
;Sleep(1000)
;MouseClick("primary", 38, 213, 2, 10)             ;Collaspes the subtotal

$OpenWorkbook.ActiveSheet.ShowLevels.RowLevels=2   ;here is where i want to actually close the row level 2 by not using mouse clicks.

Sleep(1500)
MsgBox($MB_ICONINFORMATION, "WO_to_FTE_Bot", "Subtotal Finished!")

water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2018-10-19 - Version 1.4.10.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (2018-09-01 - Version 1.3.4.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
PowerPoint (2017-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki

nooneclose

@water Thank you very much it works perfectly! My program is 99% done. Any last hints on a way to force excel to maximize once it is opened that is excel 2010 friendly? I already have code that does it and for my excel 2016 it works fine but my co-worker who has excel 2010 it does not. 

water

$oExcel.Window.WindowState = -4137

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2018-10-19 - Version 1.4.10.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (2018-09-01 - Version 1.3.4.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki

Juvigy

Besides the native excel way , you can also try the native windows way using WinSetState

nooneclose

Thank you @water and @Juvigy My code is finally finished and now is unbreakable. the community has helped me so much in such a short time I wish I could thank you all.  Cheers, and may our programs always work!

water

"unbreakable" :huh:
2 minutes after the first DAU (dumbest assumable user) has laid his hand on your script it will be broken. Or even faster ;)
That's what happens to me all the time :)

• Like 2

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki

nooneclose

I know that no code is "unbreakable" but it feels great to have finished a project like this one. thanks again! :) 

water

Oh, I too love this moment when something works as I did design it :dance:
Unfortunately most of the time I have to lower my expectations and love what I get ;)

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki