Sign in to follow this  
nooneclose

[SOLVED] How to change the status of an email from unread to read

Good afternoon, I am in need of some help. I am sure this is a stupid question requiring only one or two lines of code. However, I would greatly appreciate the help I cannot figure this out. I also tried searching for the answer on the internet but no one except me apparently seems to be having a hard time figuring this out and or is asking about it. 

I simply want to change the "status" of an email from unread to read once I have processed it. My code is over 500 lines and I would like not to clutter this post with it. Assume I have all my includes and connections properly defined and stuff. 

Here is the bit of code where I am trying to change the email that was used from unread to read:

Func ChangeEmailStatus()

;*******************************************************************************
    ; changes the status of an email from unread to Read
    ;*******************************************************************************
    Local $iRows = UBound($aItems, $UBOUND_ROWS)
    MsgBox("", "Number of Unread emails (Before Change)", $iRows)

_OL_ItemModify($oOutlook,$aItems[$i][0], Default, "Read=True")

MsgBox("", "Array Display 1", $aItems[1][0])
    MsgBox("", "Array Display 2", $aItems[2][0])

MsgBox("", "Number of Unread emails (After Change)", $iRows)

EndFunc

Edited by nooneclose

What is the value of @error and @extended after _OL_ItemModify?
Every function returns information when there was an error.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2020-10-10 - Version 1.5.2.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2020-12-15 - Version 1.6.3.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2020-06-27 - Version 1.3.2.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
PowerPoint (2017-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki
Task Scheduler (2019-12-03 - Version 1.5.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki, WebDriver - Wiki

BTW: The property to set is named "UnRead".

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2020-10-10 - Version 1.5.2.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2020-12-15 - Version 1.6.3.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Word - Wiki
Task Scheduler (2019-12-03 - Version 1.5.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Tutorials:

@water I am not getting an error message?  Once the code starts the second loop the same email info is used again. My code is not correctly changing the email that was used from unread to read. 

Func ChangeEmailStatus()

; changes the status of an email from read to unread or vice versa
    ConsoleWrite(@CRLF)
    ConsoleWrite(@CRLF)
    ConsoleWrite(@CRLF)

MsgBox("", "Number of Unread emails (Before Change)", $iRows)

_OL_ItemModify($oOutlook,$aItems[1][0], Default, "Unread=True")
    ConsoleWrite("hello? Test?" & @CRLF)

MsgBox("", "Array Display 1", $aItems[1][0])
    ;MsgBox("", "Array Display 2", $aItems[2][0])

MsgBox("", "Number of Unread emails (After Change)", $iRows)
    ConsoleWrite(@CRLF)
    ConsoleWrite(@CRLF)
    ConsoleWrite(@CRLF)
EndFunc

Edited by nooneclose

To get the same result when moving from "Read=True" to "Unread=???" which value does ??? need to have? ;)

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

You know some days I wonder why I even try haha. It works now, thank you @water  

Func ChangeEmailStatus()

; changes the status of an email from Unread to Read
    _OL_ItemModify($oOutlook,$aItems[1][0], Default, "Unread=False")

EndFunc

Edited by nooneclose

That's it :thumbsup: You get smarter every day :)

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By mLipok
      Yeasterday I found this:
      https://stackoverflow.com/questions/496751/base64-encode-string-in-vbscript
      https://www.motobit.com/tips/detpg_quoted-printable-encode/
      https://www.motobit.com/tips/detpg_quoted-printable-decode/
      Here is AutoIt Version:
      #Region - QuotedPrintableEncode_Binary ;~ https://www.motobit.com/tips/detpg_quoted-printable-encode/ ; This article contains a short function for quoted printable encoding, using CDO.Message object. ; You can use this function in ASP or .VBS files (wsh - windows scripting host files), or directly in VBA (visual basic 5, 6, Word, Excel, Access and Outlook scripting). ; A source data of this function is a String variable and charset parameter of destination data. ; The source string (16bit VBScript BSTR variable) is first converted to a destination charset, using ADODB.Stream (GetDecodedContentStream). ; If the destination charset is not specified, the ADODB.Stream uses "iso-8859-1" by default. ; The EncodedContentStream then converts the binary data to a Quoted-Printable output string. ; VBScript QuotedPrintable encoding ; 2005 Antonin Foller http://www.motobit.com ; $s_SourceString - string variable with source data, BSTR type ; $s_CharSet - $s_CharSet of the destination data Func _QuotedPrintable_Encode($s_SourceString, $s_CharSet) ;Create CDO.$oCDOMessage object For the encoding. Local $oCDOMessage = ObjCreate("CDO.Message") ; Set the encoding $oCDOMessage.BodyPart.ContentTransferEncoding = "quoted-printable" ; Get the data $oStream To write source string data ; As ADODB.$oStream Local $oStream = $oCDOMessage.BodyPart.GetDecodedContentStream ; Set the $s_CharSet For the destination data, If required If StringLen($s_CharSet) > 0 Then $oStream.CharSet = $s_CharSet ; Write the VBScript string To the $oStream. $oStream.WriteText($s_SourceString) ; Store the data To the $oCDOMessage BodyPart $oStream.Flush ; Get an encoded $oStream $oStream = $oCDOMessage.BodyPart.GetEncodedContentStream ; read the encoded data As a string Return $oStream.ReadText ; You can use Read method To get a binary data. ; $oStream.Type = 1 ; Return $oStream.Read EndFunc ;==>QuotedPrintableEncode ; Next is a binary variant of the function, with bytearray (VT_UI1 VT_ARRAY) as input and output. ; You can simply modify these two functions for combination of binary and string input and output parameters. ; This Func is used on Quoted-printable encoder online sample page. ; VBScript QuotedPrintableEncode_Binary encoding ; 2005 Antonin Foller http://www.motobit.com Func _QuotedPrintable_Encode_Binary($dSourceBinary) ; Create CDO.$oCDOMessage object For the encoding. Local $oCDOMessage = ObjCreate("CDO.Message") ; Set the encoding $oCDOMessage.BodyPart.ContentTransferEncoding = "quoted-printable" ; Get the data $oStream To write source string data ; As ADODB.$oStream Local $oStream = $oCDOMessage.BodyPart.GetDecodedContentStream ; Set the type of the $oStream To adTypeBinary. $oStream.Type = 1 ; Write the VBScript string To the $oStream. $oStream.Write($dSourceBinary) ; Store the data To the $oCDOMessage BodyPart $oStream.Flush ; Get an encoded $oStream $oStream = $oCDOMessage.BodyPart.GetEncodedContentStream ; Set the type of the $oStream To adTypeBinary. $oStream.Type = 1 ; You can use Read method To get a binary data. Return $oStream.Read EndFunc ;==>QuotedPrintableEncode_Binary #EndRegion - _QuotedPrintable_Encode_Binary #Region - _QuotedPrintable_Decode_Binary ;~ https://www.motobit.com/tips/detpg_quoted-printable-decode/ ; This article contains a short Func for quoted printable decoding, using CDO.Message object. ; You can use this Func in ASP or .VBS files (wsh - windows scripting host files), or directly in VBA (visual basic 5, 6, Word, Excel, Access and Outlook scripting). ; VBScript QuotedPrintableDecode decoding Function ; 2005 Antonin Foller http://www.motobit.com Func _QuotedPrintable_Decode($s_SourceData, $s_CharSet) ; Create CDO.Message object For the encoding. Local $oCDO_Message = ObjCreate("CDO.Message") ; Set the encoding $oCDO_Message.BodyPart.ContentTransferEncoding = "quoted-printable" ; Get the data $oStream To write source string data ; As ADODB.$oStream Local $oStream = $oCDO_Message.BodyPart.GetEncodedContentStream If VarGetType($s_SourceData) = 'String' Then ; Set $s_CharSet To base windows $s_CharSet $oStream.CharSet = "windows-1250" ; Write the VBScript string To the $oStream. $oStream.WriteText($s_SourceData) Else ; Set the type of the $oStream To adTypeBinary. $oStream.Type = 1 ; Write the source binary data To the $oStream. $oStream.Write($s_SourceData) EndIf ; Store the data To the $oCDO_Message BodyPart $oStream.Flush ; Get an encoded $oStream $oStream = $oCDO_Message.BodyPart.GetDecodedContentStream ; Set the type of the $oStream To adTypeBinary. $oStream.CharSet = $s_CharSet ; You can use Read method To get a binary data. Return $oStream.ReadText EndFunc ;==>_QuotedPrintable_Decode ; Next is a binary variant of the function, with bytearray (VT_UI1 VT_ARRAY) as output. ; The _QuotedPrintable_Decode_Binary then converts the binary data to a Quoted-Printable output string. ; Output of this Func are binary decoded data (you can use it, for example, as a data parameter of Response. ; BinaryWrite method) You can simply modify these two functions for combination of binary and string input and output parameters. ; This Func is used on Quoted-printable decoder online sample page. ; VBScript _QuotedPrintable_Decode_Binary decoding Function ; 2005 Antonin Foller http://www.motobit.com Func _QuotedPrintable_Decode_Binary($s_SourceData) ; Create CDO.Message object For the encoding. Local $oCDO_Message = ObjCreate("CDO.Message") ; Set the encoding $oCDO_Message.BodyPart.ContentTransferEncoding = "quoted-printable" ; Get the data $oStream To write source string data ; As ADODB.$oStream Local $oStream = $oCDO_Message.BodyPart.GetEncodedContentStream If VarGetType($s_SourceData) = 'String' Then ; Write the VBScript string To the $oStream. $oStream.Write($s_SourceData) Else ; Set the type of the $oStream To adTypeBinary. $oStream.Type = 1 ; Write the source binary data To the $oStream. $oStream.Write($s_SourceData) EndIf ; Store the data To the $oCDO_Message BodyPart $oStream.Flush ; Get an encoded $oStream $oStream = $oCDO_Message.BodyPart.GetDecodedContentStream ; Set the type of the $oStream To adTypeBinary. $oStream.Type = 1 ; You can use Read method To get a binary data. Return $oStream.Read EndFunc ;==>_QuotedPrintable_Decode_Binary #EndRegion - _QuotedPrintable_Decode_Binary  
      REMARK: License note from: https://www.motobit.com/tips/detpg_quoted-printable-decode/ and https://www.motobit.com/tips/detpg_quoted-printable-encode/:

• By MiKa666
      Hi all,
      I'm developing a tool for exploratively testing another software. For that I wanna cover all the GUI functionality from that software and verify everything works as intended. But now I've a problem which I couldnt solve so far.
      One thing that software I'm testing does, is to load up either a single picture or a series of pictures. Depending on how much pictures got loaded, further actions will be proceeded...
      This loaded pictures are schon within a ToolbarWindow and they're clickable. What I need to know is, how much pictures are in this ToolbarWindow...
      Can anybody provide me a tip on how to achive this?
      Would be amazing!!
      BR,
      Mic
    • By meety
      Hello!
      wingettext function can get the text content of the IE browser page, but the text content of the page cannot be obtained in the chrome browser? What should I do?
    • By DirtyJohny
      Hi everyone.Need rewrite this function how in еxample.
      Original:
      #RequireAdmin #NoTrayIcon Opt("MustDeclareVars",1) Func _a() Local $sls=ObjGet("winmgmts:{impersonationLevel=impersonate," _ &"authenticationLevel=Pkt}!\\"& _ @ComputerName&'\root\wmi'),$lss=$sls.ExecQuery _ ('SELECT * FROM WmiMonitorID'), _ $lll,$sll,$sss="",$lsl,$lls,$i,$z For $z In $lss $lsl=$z.UserFriendlyName For $i=0 To Ubound($lsl)-1 if ($lsl[$i]) Then $lll&=Chr($lsl[$i]) Next $lls=$z.SerialNumberID For $i=0 To Ubound($lls)-1 if ($lls[$i]) Then $sll&=Chr($lls[$i]) Next $sss&="Model"&@TAB&@TAB&": "&$lll&@CR&"Serial Number"&@TAB&": "&$sll&@CR&@CR $lll="" $sll="" Next MsgBox(262144,'Monitors '&$lss.Count,$sss&" "&@CR) $lss=Null $sls=Null EndFunc _a() Example:
      Func _InfoPC() Local $ObjService = ObjGet('winmgmts:{impersonationLevel = impersonate}!\\' & @ComputerName & '\root\cimv2') Local $ObjMB = $ObjService.ExecQuery('SELECT * FROM Win32_BaseBoard', 'WQL', 0x30) If IsObj($ObjService) Then For $objItemMB In $ObjMB $sInfo &= @TAB & 'Motherboard: ...... ' & $objItemMB.Product & @CRLF I'm beginner in this sphere and need  you all speak easy and simply because i'm Russian.Thanks)
    • By Deshanur
      Am trying to automate injecting credential on the login form for all kind of Web application for IE. I know how to identify the form name by viewing the source code and using the method - _IEFormGetObjByName($ie, $form_Name).
      I would like to know how to identify or get the form object for the web app where there is no form name tag for example below, for the is I have used - _IEFormGetCollection($ie, 0) to get the form object.
      My Question is does it work for all kind of application "_IEFormGetCollection($ie, 0)" how to identify Index value? is it always 0? is there any better solution?
      The final solution am looking for is find out form object, get the username, password field and inject credential and submit the form.
      How to find out index value? for the forms which does not have form name field.
      $login_form = _IEFormGetCollection($ie, 0) $email_field = _IEFormElementGetObjByName($login_form, $form_UserName) $pass_field = _IEFormElementGetObjByName($login_form, $form_password) $login_button = _IEFormElementGetObjByName($login_form, $form_submitbutton) _IEFormElementSetValue($email_field, $CmdLine[2]) _IEFormElementSetValue($pass_field, $CmdLine[3]) ControlSend($hwnd, "", "[CLASS:Internet Explorer_Server; INSTANCE:1]","{Enter}") OR This works fine if the form has form name. $login_form = _IEFormGetObjByName($ie, $form_Name) $email_field = _IEFormElementGetObjByName($login_form, $form_UserName) $pass_field = _IEFormElementGetObjByName($login_form, $form_password) $login_button = _IEFormElementGetObjByName($login_form, $form_submitbutton) _IEFormElementSetValue($email_field, $CmdLine[2]) _IEFormElementSetValue($pass_field, $CmdLine[3]) ControlSend($hwnd, "", "[CLASS:Internet Explorer_Server; INSTANCE:1]","{Enter}")