OutlookEX: connecting to different mailboxes

1 hour ago, water said:

Can you please post a screenshot of Outlook after you have manually connected to the other mailbox (all private info can be greyed out)?

I will do that first thing tomorrow (I'm not at work right now).

I'm not in my office at the moment, so we will do some guesswork now:

The Mailbox name above the Inbox folder is your Mailbox, correct?
I would like to see the format of the other Mailbox when you manually had added it to Outlook. Please anonymize by replacing personal data with a general description (e.g. "George.Lukas@Microsoft.com - Mailbox" will become "Firstname.Lastname@Company.com - Mailbox".
Maybe the folder few returns better results.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Here's a new screenshot of the Outlook window that opens after running the script, now with the account names in it. MY,name@company.com is the default account, so you can see the correct account is now selected (bla@company.com), but instead of the Inbox some sort of Search is displayed. Note that the Inbox of bla@company.com is not empty. I hope this is what you're asking for?

Naamloos.png

This seems to be a public folder so one of the following should work:

$aFolder = _OL_FolderAccess($oOutlook, "bla@company.com", $olFolderInbox) ; This format is language independant

or

$aFolder = _OL_FolderAccess($oOutlook, "bla@company.com\Inbox") ; "Inbox" is language dependant

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

17 minutes ago, water said:

This seems to be a public folder so one of the following should work:

$aFolder = _OL_FolderAccess($oOutlook, "bla@company.com", $olFolderInbox) ; This format is language independant

or

$aFolder = _OL_FolderAccess($oOutlook, "bla@company.com\Inbox") ; "Inbox" is language dependant

Hi,

tried both options, plus localizing the last one for Dutch: all give error 4.

Inbox is 'Postvak IN' in Dutch. No idea if it doesn't work because it's 2 words instead of the 1 word Inbox.

Tried \\bla@company.com\Inbox and \\bla@company.com\Postvak IN for good measure: error 1.

BUT: referencing again by name and localizing does the trick! So this results in displaying the Inbox folder (for a Dutch account ;) )

$aFolder = _OL_FolderAccess($oOutlook, "ACCOUNT NAME\Postvak IN")

Now I'll try to take it again from here. Thank you for your help!

2 minutes ago, MCv said:

Tried \\bla@company.com\Inbox and \\bla@company.com\Postvak IN for good measure: error 1.

Thats fine because the "\\" format is not valid for public folders.

I will check if spaces in the folder name make a difference :)

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

6 hours ago, water said:

Thats fine because the "\\" format is not valid for public folders.

I will check if spaces in the folder name make a difference :)

I don't think they are public folders (you need permission to access them, obviously I have permission). Anyway, it seems to work now, using the account name instead of the email address (and localizing in my case). Hopefully this will be useful for other people.

"Public folder" does not mean that everyone has full access to this folder. I understand that there are "personal folders" assigned to an individual and "public folders" with a general scope like "info@company.com" or "invoice@company.com" or "application@company.com".

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

I agree with @water. HIs code (shown below) worked for me when trying to access a different email that I had permission to access. (the email wasn't public but I was given access/permission to it)

I also used this code to test it further and it did exactly what I was hoping for. the code showed me all unread emails with that certain subject from the other email's inbox:

Global $aItems = _OL_ItemFind($oOutlook, "*", $olMail, _
    "[UnRead]=True", "Subject", "Work Request", "EntryID,Subject", "", 1)

; Display the array of unRead emails
_ArrayDisplay($aItems, "OutlookEX UDF: _OL_ItemFind - Unread mails")

Global $numberOfUnRead = UBound($aItems, $UBOUND_ROWS) - 1
ConsoleWrite("Number of unread emails: " & $numberOfUnRead & @CRLF)

Edited by nooneclose

On 7/19/2019 at 7:40 PM, nooneclose said:

I agree with @water. HIs code (shown below) worked for me when trying to access a different email that I had permission to access. (the email wasn't public but I was given access/permission to it)

Well, it doesn't work for me, but using the account name instead of the email address does work for me, So the problem is solved, albeit in a different way than yours :)

Now on to the next problem: I can find the unread emails with .zip attachments just fine, but saving them isn't working... grrr

Please define: "Isn't working".
How do you save the attachments and what is the value of @error and @extended after this function?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

13 hours ago, water said:

Please define: "Isn't working".
How do you save the attachments and what is the value of @error and @extended after this function?

Sorry, you're absolutely correct. Here is the core of the code:

$oOutlook = _OL_Open()
$aFolder = _OL_FolderAccess($oOutlook, $test_outlook_mailbox_stuursignaal)

$aResult = _OL_Itemfind($oOutlook, $aFolder[1], $olMail, "", "Subject", "Report (P)", "EntryID") 

If IsArray($aResult) Then
    For $i = 1 To $aResult[0][0]
        $aAttachments = _OL_ItemAttachmentGet($oOutlook, $aResult[$i][0])
        _Arraydisplay($aAttachments, "Test")
        If IsArray($aAttachments) Then
            For $j = 1 To $aAttachments[0][0]
                MsgBox(48, "", "@error = " & @error & ", @extended: " & @extended)
                _OL_ItemAttachmentSave($oOutlook, $aResult[$i][0], $aFolder, $j, "C:\M\" & $aAttachments[$j][1])
                MsgBox(48, "", "@error = " & @error & ", @extended: " & @extended)
            Next
        EndIf
    Next
Endif

The arraydisplay gives the array:

(row 0, col 0) 1 (=correct, 1 email with the attachment with the right subject)

(row 1, col 1) name of the attachment, a .zip file

(row 1, col 2) same as row 1, col 1

The first messagebox gives error 0, the second messagebox (after the itemattachmentsave) gives error 3.

@error = 3 stands for: Specified item could not be found
You aren't setting parameter $sStoreID in the correct way:
Should be something like:

_OL_ItemAttachmentSave($oOutlook, $aResult[$i][0], Default, $j, C":\M\" & $aAttachments[$j][1])

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

6 minutes ago, water said:

@error = 3 stands for: Specified item could not be found
You aren't setting parameter $sStoreID in the correct way:
Should be something like:

_OL_ItemAttachmentSave($oOutlook, $aResult[$i][0], Default, $j, C":\M\" & $aAttachments[$j][1])

Okay, but I don't want to use the Default user's mailbox, I want to use another mailbox (see discussion above). AFAIK:

$sStoreID        StoreID of the source store as returned by _OL_FolderAccess. Use the keyword "Default" to use the users mailbox

This is the reason I'm using $aFolder as $sStoreID. Or am I totally wrong?

To access the mailbox (store) of another user you have to specify the StoreID. As _OL_FolderAccess returns an array you have to specifiy the array element.

_OL_ItemAttachmentSave($oOutlook, $aResult[$i][0], $aFolder[3], $j, "C:\M\" & $aAttachments[$j][1])

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

1 hour ago, water said:

To access the mailbox (store) of another user you have to specify the StoreID. As _OL_FolderAccess returns an array you have to specifiy the array element.

_OL_ItemAttachmentSave($oOutlook, $aResult[$i][0], $aFolder[3], $j, "C:\M\" & $aAttachments[$j][1])

Yep, that does the trick! Thanks :))

Glad the problem could be solved :)

BTW: There is no need to quote everything I posted - I know what I posted ;) Simply add your post at the end of the thread.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki