topgundcp

Get index of the item selected from list box

Hi, 

This is my very first post in this forum and am also new with Autoit programming so be easy on me.

Below is the code that I am trying to get the index of the item selected. No problem getting the text.

Case $listEdition   ; handle of the list
            local $index=0
            $item=GUICTRLRead($listEdition)    ; This will return the text in the list
            ; ==============   The loop below always fails  ==================
            ; Meaning _GUICtrlListView_GetItemSelected($listEdition, $i) always return FALSE. WHY ???????
             For $i = 0 To $editionArray[0] - 1   ; The content of the list in an array where editionArray[0] contains total count of items
                If _GUICtrlListView_GetItemSelected($listEdition, $i) Then
                    $index = $i
                    exitloop
                EndIf
             Next
             ;===================================================
            ConsoleWrite( "Select Edition:     " & $item & "  index: " & $index & @CR)

Please look at the comments in the code & the pix attached.

_GUICtrlListView_GetItemSelected($listEdition, $i) always returns FALSE.

Another problem is on the list. It also populate  the total count of items from the Array. How can I skip this item from populating to the list ?.

Please advise and thanks

2020-01-16_201900.jpg

Edited by topgundcp

EditionArray is  what you see on the list box. Take a look at  the picture where Edition[0] = 7 ie. the number of items on the list.

i dont see where you define $editionArray 

your comment says editionArray contains the total count of items, but i dont see in your script where you tell it that.

If @error Then
    MsgBox(262192, "", @ComputerName & " slaps " & @UserName & " around a bit with a large trout!")
    EndIf

"Yeah yeah patience, how long will that take?"  -Ed Gruberman

REAL search results

Thank you guys.

As you can see I am quite new to this and this is my 2nd day learning Autoit so I am not familiar with all the functions available. Haven't done any programming in 15 years.

and thanks to @pixelsearch. I shall try and report back.

However, I play around and get it to work in a  dirty way by comparing the string in the Array and the text from the list, not really efficient though. and here's the code:

#include <ButtonConstants.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <GUIListBox.au3>
#include <StaticConstants.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#Region ### START Koda GUI section ### Form=J:\Autoit Projects\test.kxf
$TEST = GUICreate("TEST", 275, 310, -1, -1)
$Exit = GUICtrlCreateButton("Exit", 77, 240, 105, 33)
GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 9, 800, 0, "Arial Narrow")
$listEdition = GUICtrlCreateList("", 40, 48, 193, 160, BitOR($LBS_NOTIFY,$LBS_EXTENDEDSEL,$WS_VSCROLL))
$LEdit = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Windows 10 Edition", 40, 24, 119, 20)
GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 10, 400, 0, "Arial")
GUICtrlSetColor(-1, 0x000080)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
#EndRegion ### END Koda GUI section ###

;================================ Start =======================================
#include <Array.au3>
#include <File.au3>
#include <StringConstants.au3>
#include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>
#include <GuiListView.au3>

; Run(@ComSpec  & ' /c  dism /Get-WimInfo /WimFile:J:\BatchFiles\install.esd | find /i "Description" > ~A~_edition.txt', "",@SW_HIDE)
;================================================================
 ; Count no. of lines from text file to allocate Array size
Global $editionCount = _FileCountLines ( "~A~_edition.txt" )
Global $editionArray[$editionCount]
local $lines

_FileReadToArray("~A~_edition.txt", $editionArray)    ; and the rest is each line from text file
for $i=0 to UBound($editionArray) -1
    $editionArray[$i] = StringStripWS ( $editionArray[$i], $STR_STRIPLEADING + $STR_STRIPTRAILING)
Next
$Lines = _ArrayToString($editionArray, "|", 1,Ubound($editionArray)-1, @CRLF)
$Lines = StringReplace($Lines, "Description : ", "",0)
;ConsoleWrite($Lines & @CR)
GuiCtrlSetData($ListEdition, $Lines)
$editionArray = StringSplit($Lines,"|",$STR_CHRSPLIT)
$editionCount = Ubound($editionArray)
;_ArrayDisplay($editionArray, "Edition " & $editionCount)

;===============================================================================
While 1
    $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $nMsg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit
        Case $listEdition   ; handle of the list
            local $index=0
            $item=GUICtrlRead($listEdition)    ; This will return the text in the list
            for $i=0 to Ubound($editionArray) - 1
                if StringCompare($item, $editionArray[$i]) = 0 Then
                    $index = $i
                    ExitLoop
                endif
            Next
           ConsoleWrite( "Edition Selected: " & $Item & "  Index: " & $index &@CR)
#cs
            ; ==============   The loop below always fails  ==================
            ; Meaning _GUICtrlListView_GetItemSelected($listEdition, $i) always return FALSE. WHY ???????
             For $i = 0 To $editionArray[0] - 1   ; The content of the list in an array where editionArray[0] contains total count of items
                If _GUICtrlListView_GetItemSelected($listEdition, $i) Then
                    $index = $i
                    exitloop
                EndIf
             Next
             ;===================================================
#ce
        Case $exit
            exit
    EndSwitch
WEnd

The content of the txt file getting from windows command, I commented out on top since I don't know if you have the Windows Installation media.:

Description : Windows 10 Home
Description : Windows 10 Home N
Description : Windows 10 Home Single Language
Description : Windows 10 Education
Description : Windows 10 Education N
Description : Windows 10 Pro
Description : Windows 10 Pro N