Function Return in Variable Name

Hey guys,

I have a question, which I couldn't find anywhere in the forum. So here it is:

How can I create a new variable which have a Function Return in the variable name. It sounds worse than it is.

If the expression in the function is true, the function should return a value, which can then be used as a new variable with new content.

Important for my project: If the expression in the function is not true, i.e. there is no return value, no variable may be created.

Am I missing something? Are there easier ways?

I didn't copy the whole code, because it's an bigger project. I want to end up with a couple of variables that have the return of this function in their name.

Here's my code. Assign(), Eval() aren't working for me.

For $a = 0 To 10
    Assign(test($a), "Test Variable")
Next

Func test(ByRef $value)
    If $value = EXPRESSION "not important" Then
        Return $value
    EndIf
EndFunc

Can you please explain what you try to achieve?
The code you posted so far can become quite complex and hard to debug.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

1 minute ago, water said:

Can you please explain what you try to achieve?
The code you posted so far can become quite complex and hard to debug.

Like I said, I basically just want to have the Return Value of a Function as a variable name.

I have read and understood your OP :)

You describe the solution you want to implement.
But not always is the solution you are thinking of the best or even the only possible way to achieve a goal.

So please describe in simple words what your script should do :)

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

3 minutes ago, water said:

I have read and understood your OP :)

You describe the solution you want to implement.
But not always is the solution you are thinking of the best or even the only possible way to achieve a goal.

So please describe in simple words what your script should do :)

I have an array that is sometimes full and sometimes not so full (not constant), and I want to make several variables out of this array (depending on expressions).

array:

$ a_test [5]

variable that i want to have after some ifs:
$ one = test
$ two = hi
$ four = welcome

But why don't you directly access the array$a_test or store the data in a new array instead of dynamically creating variables?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki