Why can I use much less functions in python?

• Developers

I have no clue what you are asking here!
What does python have to do with AutoIt3 ?

Jos

EDIT: Don't crosspost question and guess you are asking which functions are available in AutoItX?
if so, look at the appropriate helpfile AutoItX.chm!!!

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Use the search feature of the forum and you will find something like this:

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Hello, TyuTu

I think I know what you are asking. Why are there so many functions in AutoIt and how can you find what you are looking for?

As mentioned earlier, AutoIt's functions make it easy to accomplish complicated tasks with one line of code.

You used Python to browse the functions that AutoIt has, but a messy list is no way to browse. Go straight to the Help file! Here's a screenshot of your "Beep" example:

2021-05-29-16-43-15-Auto-It-Help-v3-3-14

Making your computer beep is this easy:

Beep(500, 1000)

The Help file is awesome. I have read it more than any book or magazine in my life.

Hopefully, there is a version of the help file in your native language.

@JockoDundee - I think that is exactly what he was asking.  When he views the available functions to be called from Python with AutoIt (the screen shot he provided) the list is a subset of what is otherwise available in AutoIt.  The OP was asking why that is the case and was merely using beep as an example, his question now makes perfect sense.  I don't know the answer ... but since many were trying to decipher the question I will see if that helps.

Build your own poker game with AutoIt: pokerlogic.au3 | Learn To Program Using FREE Tools with AutoIt

19 minutes ago, Jfish said:

The OP was asking why that is the case and was merely using beep as an example, his question now makes perfect sense.  I don't know the answer ... but since many were trying to decipher the question I will see if that helps.

I agree that’s what he’s asking.

IMHO, the reason that Beep() is not included in AutoitX may be because it is a very standard function to be called in any language, so the demand for it is not like other Autoit specific functions.

Code hard, but don’t hard code...