Had anybody tried microsoft power automate?

xuzo

21 minutes ago, xuzo said:

Is powerautomate a viable alternative to AutoIT

No, because

21 minutes ago, xuzo said:

it's literally 100 times slower than AutoIt

This is the case with all these 'no-code/low-code' packages, it's actually one of the reasons I decided to learn how to code, I tried out practically every no-code RPA solution out there and they were all ridiculously slow.

26 minutes ago, xuzo said:

Is powerautomate a viable alternative to AutoIT?

I rather code it in AutoIt but, haven't tried the other one. Tho you kind of answered the reason I would not like it. Build some experience and let us know what you ended up using and why :) 

Follow the link to my code contribution ( and other things too ).
FAQ - Please Read Before Posting.
autoit_scripter_blue_userbar.png

• Moderators

90% of my contracts nowadays are RPA (Automation Anywhere & UIPAth mainly), and I have used PowerAutomate. To your questions:

• I have not noticed extreme slowness with Power Automate. I guess it depends on what version you are using (Base or Desktop) and what you are trying to do.
    • To dig in to why it is running so slowly for you, I would agree with the above comment - this is really not the best place for that. A Power Automate forum should be your next stop.
  • As to a viable alternative to AutoIt, that is comparing apples and oranges
    • It does indeed do things natively AutoIt does not, such as IDP with applied AI and ML
    • It also comes with a very high price tag, depending on your Microsoft licensing model - you could be charged per bot in some cases.
    • Power Automate's base package is only intended for automating the O365 suite of MS applications. If you want a broader range of automation you need to purchase Desktop.
  • Finally, if true RPA is what you're after (it sounds like you're unsure what it actually is), Power Automate is a distant 4th behind Automation Anywhere, UIPath, and Blue Prism. If, after doing some research, you find that is the path you want to take, I would suggest investigating the other platforms before investing in this one.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

Hi totally agree with @JLogan3o13 as I also experienced almost the same during my professional path as a Software Test Engineer (for Test Automation).
There is not much to add out of my perspective, but I had good experience with UIPath in the past.

@noellarkin

17 hours ago, noellarkin said:

[...] This is the case with all these 'no-code/low-code' packages, it's actually one of the reasons I decided to learn how to code, I tried out practically every no-code RPA solution out there and they were all ridiculously slow. [...]

It depends 😅 . Do things on your own with pure code instead of RPA solutions seems to be better, you're right. Until the point you want to share and extend your approach with non-technical team members or at least with not well experienced ones.

Best regards
Sven

Stay innovative!

Spoiler

🌍 Au3Forums

🎲 AutoIt (en) Cheat Sheet

📊 AutoIt limits/defaults

💎 Code Katas: [...] (comming soon)

🎭 Collection of GitHub users with AutoIt projects

🐞 False-Positives

🔮 Me on GitHub

💬 Opinion about new forum sub category