FileCopy() - Multiple File Types

etidd

Just checking... :whistle:

Is there a better way to write this for 7 different file types?

FileCopy("C:\Users\------\Saved Games\Diablo II\*.d2s", "F:\Game Backup\Diablo II", $FC_OVERWRITE)
FileCopy("C:\Users\------\Saved Games\Diablo II\*.key", "F:\Game Backup\Diablo II", $FC_OVERWRITE)
FileCopy("C:\Users\------\Saved Games\Diablo II\*.ma0", "F:\Game Backup\Diablo II", $FC_OVERWRITE)
FileCopy("C:\Users\------\Saved Games\Diablo II\*.ma1", "F:\Game Backup\Diablo II", $FC_OVERWRITE)
FileCopy("C:\Users\------\Saved Games\Diablo II\*.ma2", "F:\Game Backup\Diablo II", $FC_OVERWRITE)
FileCopy("C:\Users\------\Saved Games\Diablo II\*.ma3", "F:\Game Backup\Diablo II", $FC_OVERWRITE)
FileCopy("C:\Users\------\Saved Games\Diablo II\*.map", "F:\Game Backup\Diablo II", $FC_OVERWRITE)

I understand, not a big deal for me.  Just want to let you know about it.

But I have played a lot D2 in the past, and I do not believe Blizz agrees you to copy current character stat to another location, and come back if you die.

Edited by Nine

Hi,

externally call robocopy.exe (included in Windows since XP), would be easy and quick. Have a look at the switch /if (include file), which can be used multiple times in the call.

The exitcode of robocopy will tell you exactly, what happened. Running it twice will give you an exitcode of 0 (zero), if source and destination match.

Earth is flat, pigs can fly, and Nuclear Power is SAFE!

Just a loop : 

Local $aExt = ["*.d2s","*.key","*.ma0","*.ma1","*.ma2","*.ma3","*.map"]

For $ext in $aExt
    FileCopy("C:\Users\------\Saved Games\Diablo II\" & $ext, "F:\Game Backup\Diablo II")
Next