Is AU3Recorder gone?

Go to solution Solved by Ktulu789,

So I never used the feature before but I wanted to try it for a quick and dirty job that I gotta repeat 10 times or more.

I've seen the option in SciTE/Tools before so I went there but I couldn't find it. I googled and found this 

So it should be there. I'm using the full SciTE so I guess it's gone? Anyone knows on which version that happened? I need to set up 10 computers the same way and I could use some AutoIt help 😄

Thanks in advance!

AutoIt is a blessing, I don't know how I was able to use my computer before [Auto]It :-S

It is gone. The forum search feature tells you when. 

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

• Solution

Ok, so I found it, downloaded it, did a quick test and it seems to work on Win11.

So the file was flagged as a virus, hence no direct links and discontinued, understood. I hope I can copy Jon's link and version here for future reference. If not, I'll be glad to comply.

It has been removed from the main installer from v3.3.14.1 as it triggers many AV false positives. You can find an old version here:

https://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/files/archive/autoit/ autoit-v3.3.14.0.zip

A little explanation of the rather strange link above:

If we give you a direct link to the file (or the zip file which includes it) the site gets flagged as hosting malware (yes really!) - so what you have is a link to the AutoIt archive page and the name of the zip file you need to download from it.

I'm looking at adding it to SciTEUSer.properties as referenced on that post by Jos and fidgetting with https://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scite/docs/SciTE4AutoIt3/SciTE4AutoIt3-user-options-file.html I'll edit If I'm successful.

EDIT: Yes! So SciTE opens SciTEUSer.properties from Current user AppData (C:\Users\You\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\SciTE\SciTEUser.properties), not the SciTEUSer.properties in the app folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\SciTEUser.properties". You can open it from the options menu and append to the end of it:

command.40.$(au3)="C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Au3Record\Au3Record.exe"
command.name.40.$(au3)=Au3Record.exe
command.shortcut.40.*.au3=Ctrl+Alt+Shift+Z
command.subsystem.40.$(au3)=2
command.save.before.40.$(au3)=2
command.quiet.40.$(au3)=1

The number can be anything, I saw no others in my file so I left the example.

Edited by Ktulu789

AutoIt is a blessing, I don't know how I was able to use my computer before [Auto]It :-S