Browse Web (Firefox) - (Moved)

Go to solution Solved by argumentum,

Hi everyone! I am looking for a way that I can open Firefox and every 5 seconds browse to a new website out of a pool of available websites that I define. Firstly, I am having a really hard time finding the basics using the wedriver udf. Can somebody assist in programming this and defining the best logic of the code? So perhaps using a for loop to choose one website, open the url and then sleep 5 seconds is good?  

Edited by sgtkt

• Developers

For the second time: Moved to the appropriate AutoIt General Help and Support forum, as the Developer General Discussion forum very clearly states:

General development and scripting discussions.

Do not create AutoIt-related topics here, use the AutoIt General Help and Support or AutoIt Technical Discussion forums.

Moderation Team

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

I managed by using regular expressions to extract URLs from a received email. Afterwards I want to open that URLs in the list. I'm just adding a delay so I can see the URLs opening one by one

• Solution
3 minutes ago, sgtkt said:

..just adding a delay so I can see the URLs opening one by one

for $n = 1 to UBound(list) -1
ShellExecute(firefox,"https://link from the list")
sleep(5000)

..but that makes little sense. Why would you do that ?. What can you see in 5 seconds ?. How browsers are you going to have open !.
You still not sharing your final goal. Not that I care for you to divulge your doings but there may be a better approach to your end goal.

Follow the link to my code contribution ( and other things too ).
FAQ - Please Read Before Posting.
autoit_scripter_blue_userbar.png

Hello again everyone. I am experimenting a little bit with the IE browser navigation (_IECreate,  _IENavigate, _IEQuit). Are there equivalent functions for using the Firefox browser? For example what would be the equivalent for the following code in order to use the Firefox browser:

$oIE = _IECreate ("about:blank", 1)
_IENavigate ($oIE, "www.mysite.com")
_IEQuit($oIE)

Good point @somdcomputerguy 👍 .

You @sgtkt could also have a look into the WebDriver (projekt name "au3WebDriver") wiki page section Browser related functionality.
Which means the WebDriver approach can handle all the common Browsers out there.

Props to @Danp2, @mLipok and all the other contributors. And last but not least @water for a big documentation part in the wiki.
Thanks 😊 .

Best regards
Sven

Edited by SOLVE-SMART

Stay innovative!

Spoiler

🌍 Au3Forums

🎲 AutoIt (en) Cheat Sheet

📊 AutoIt limits/defaults

💎 Code Katas: [...] (comming soon)

🎭 Collection of GitHub users with AutoIt projects

🐞 False-Positives