Latest Beta

Jon

Will Visual C++ 10 be what AutoIt is compiled in from now on? The only reason I ask is because this will break backwards compatibility with Windows 2000 and Win XP (pre-SP2).

One of you who are having a crash issue with Au3Check, please provide the following:

• The script. If you are obfuscating it then provide that version. I want a file I can pass to Au3Check that should cause it to crash.
  • The OS you're running on.

• Administrators

Will Visual C++ 10 be what AutoIt is compiled in from now on? The only reason I ask is because this will break backwards compatibility with Windows 2000 and Win XP (pre-SP2).

Pretty sure it works on 2000 the last time I tried when I first installed VC10 - I think it's just the docs that remove the mention of "support". I'll need to recheck though.

Edit: Hmm, maybe it was the beta of VC10 that worked. This thread seems to support what you say: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2484511/can-i-use-visual-studio-2010s-c-compiler-with-visual-studio-2008s-c-runtime

Loss of 2000 support doesn't bother me that much (can use an older version). But XP RTM and SP1 is slightly different. I'll try the assembler hack suggested in the thread. Or I could use VC9, but I really don't want two dev envs again.

One of you who are having a crash issue with Au3Check, please provide the following:

• The script. If you are obfuscating it then provide that version. I want a file I can pass to Au3Check that should cause it to crash.
  • The OS you're running on.

- No obfuscator using!

- Script::

#region ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Version=Beta
#endregion ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****

#include-once
#include <array.au3>
#include <date.au3>
#include <inet.au3>
#include <GUIComboBox.au3>
#include <GuiEdit.au3>
#include <GuiConstantsEx.au3>
#include <Constants.au3>
#include <string.au3>
#include <SliderConstants.au3>
#include <ButtonConstants.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <StaticConstants.au3>
#include <ScrollBarConstants.au3>
#include <Misc.au3>
#include <FTPEx.au3>

Opt("MustDeclareVars", 1)

MsgBox(0, "Test", "Test")

happy computing

R@iner

• Moderators

Valik,

- Obfuscator parameters: /sf /sv /om /cs=0 /cn=0 (I have tried without /om and get the same results)

Result from Beta AU3Check 1.54.20.0 - always the same error code:

>Running AU3Check (1.54.20.0)  from:C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Beta
!>08:24:33 AU3Check ended.rc:3

This one crashes in both original and obfuscated form:

This one crashes only in obfuscated form:

Neither script crashes in either form with Release AU3Check 1.54.19.0

Let me know if you need anything more.

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

• Administrators

Pretty sure it works on 2000 the last time I tried when I first installed VC10 - I think it's just the docs that remove the mention of "support". I'll need to recheck though.

Edit: Hmm, maybe it was the beta of VC10 that worked. This thread seems to support what you say: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/24845...piler-with-visual-studio-2008s

Loss of 2000 support doesn't bother me that much (can use an older version). But XP RTM and SP1 is slightly different. I'll try the assembler hack suggested in the thread. Or I could use VC9, but I really don't want two dev envs again.

I've added the workarounds for the main AutoIt exes so we'll see if it breaks anything. (I tested on win2k that basic stuff runs).

- Changed: Compiling with VC10. Added workarounds for Win2000/XP RTM to allow execution of AUtoIt, Aut2Exe, Au3Info, Au3Check and AutoItHelp.

I, too, crash Au3Check 1.54.20 the following script:

ConsoleWrite(_data() & @CRLF)

Func _data()
    Local $s = "0x0000010001002020080000000000E80200001600000028000000200000004000000001000400000000000002"
    $s &= _R("0",20) & "100000001" & _R("0",19) & "80000080000000808000800000008000800080800000C0C0C00080808000"
    $s &= "0000FF0000FF000000FFFF00FF000000FF00FF00FFFF0000FFFFFF" & _R("0",35) & _R("0",20) & "0000000000"
    $s &= _R("000FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF",21) & "000" & _R("F",29) & _R("0",35) & "7770" & _R("C",21)
    $s &= "07770007070" & _R("C",21) & "07070007770" & _R("C",21) & "0777" & _R("0",129) & "FFFFFFFF"
    $s &= _R("80000000",28) & _R("F",24)
    Return $s
EndFunc

Func _R($str, $count)
    Local $i, $ret = ""
    For $i = 1 To $count
        $ret &= $str
    Next
    Return $ret
EndFunc

Win XP sp3 x86

Win2000 is still supported which is pre-XP

AFAIK AutoIt supports all of the NT platforms from Win2000 up.

Even XP is supposed to be phasing out soon.

Support for XP ends soon. That in itself doesn't phase out the product. The product is phased out when there is no one left using it and it will be a long time before XP is gone from the scene. Ask any technician how many XP systems he still sees in use.

It would be better to drop back to VC9 than to drop XP from the products supported by AutoIt. Getting VC10 working properly is a far better solution.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

I, too, crash Au3Check 1.54.20 the following script:

ConsoleWrite(_data() & @CRLF)

Func _data()
    Local $s = "0x0000010001002020080000000000E80200001600000028000000200000004000000001000400000000000002"
    $s &= _R("0",20) & "100000001" & _R("0",19) & "80000080000000808000800000008000800080800000C0C0C00080808000"
    $s &= "0000FF0000FF000000FFFF00FF000000FF00FF00FFFF0000FFFFFF" & _R("0",35) & _R("0",20) & "0000000000"
    $s &= _R("000FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF",21) & "000" & _R("F",29) & _R("0",35) & "7770" & _R("C",21)
    $s &= "07770007070" & _R("C",21) & "07070007770" & _R("C",21) & "0777" & _R("0",129) & "FFFFFFFF"
    $s &= _R("80000000",28) & _R("F",24)
    Return $s
EndFunc

Func _R($str, $count)
    Local $i, $ret = ""
    For $i = 1 To $count
        $ret &= $str
    Next
    Return $ret
EndFunc

Win XP sp3 x86

And this?

Func _A()
    _B()
EndFunc

Func _B()
    ;e.g. nothing
EndFunc

♡♡♡

eMyvnE

• Administrators

Win2000 is still supported which is pre-XP

AFAIK AutoIt supports all of the NT platforms from Win2000 up.

Support for XP ends soon. That in itself doesn't phase out the product. The product is phased out when there is no one left using it and it will be a long time before XP is gone from the scene. Ask any technician how many XP systems he still sees in use.

It would be better to drop back to VC9 than to drop XP from the products supported by AutoIt. Getting VC10 working properly is a far better solution.

My last 4 projects were all for global banks. All running XP >.<

Just an FYI, I just downloaded the beta and ran Au3Check and it's giving me a version number of 1.54.19 but still crashes with Trancexx's script.

"C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Beta\Au3Check.exe"

AutoIt3 Syntax Checker v1.54.19 Copyright © 2007-2010 Tylo & AutoIt Team

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Check, the file version on the Details tab is showing 1.54.20.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

This may be an obvious question. How do I know if I'm using the beta? I have it checked to use 3.3.7.1 in the SciTE Config for AutoIt menu. But when I run this: MsgBox(0, '', @AutoItVersion) then it says I'm using 3.3.6.1.

You have to specify in every script to use the beta by including this: #AutoIt3Wrapper_Version=Beta.

correction, that's how you tell it to compile it using the beta, to RUN it using the beta there's a tool on the Tools menu that allows you to use the beta version to run/compile etc.

Edited by BrewManNH

• Administrators

Totally baffled why the code crashes. Looks like it should work perfectly fine.

Maybe it's one of those bugs where it's always been broken and some in memory buffer has moved with the new compiler and a previously unseen memory problem is showing up. I hate those.

• Developers

You have to specify in every script to use the beta by including this: #AutoIt3Wrapper_Version=Beta.

correction, that's how you tell it to compile it using the beta, to RUN it using the beta there's a tool on the Tools menu that allows you to use the beta version to run/compile etc.

assuming you have the full version of SciTE installed:

F1=Help Production

F5=Run Production (Will run AU3Check and AutoIt3)

Ctrl+F5=Au3Check Production

F7=Compile Production (Will run AU3Check and Aut2Exe)

Alt+F1=Help Beta

Alt+F5=Run Beta (Will run AU3Check and AutoIt3)

Alt+Ctrl+F5=Au3Check Beta

Alt+F7=Compile Beta (Will run AU3Check and Aut2Exe)

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)