This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more here. X
X

Photo

GUICtrlGetBkColor() - Get the background color of a control.

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 guinness

guinness

I've a handle on the fiction

• Developers
  • 15,707 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 08:41 AM

If you set the Label background color with GUICtrlSetBkColor() and happen to forget the color you set it as, then why not try GUICtrlGetBkColor()

Note: Requires WinAPIEx.au3 to use GUICtrlGetBkColor().

To get the Hex value e.g. 00FF00 then use this little conversion >>
#include <Constants.au3> Local $iColor = GUICtrlGetBkColor($iLabel) MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, '', 'The Hex value is...' & _ConvertToHexFormat($iColor)) Func _ConvertToHexFormat($bColor)     Return Hex($bColor, 6) EndFunc   ;==>_ConvertToHexFormat
Function:
; #FUNCTION# ==================================================================================================================== ; Name ..........: GUICtrlGetBkColor ; Description ...: Retrieves the RGB value of the control background. ; Syntax ........: GUICtrlGetBkColor($hWnd) ; Parameters ....: $hWnd                - Control ID/Handle to the control ; Return values .: Success - RGB value ;                  Failure - 0 ; Author ........: guinness ; Remarks .......: WinAPIEx is required. ; Example .......: Yes ; =============================================================================================================================== Func GUICtrlGetBkColor($hWnd)     If IsHWnd($hWnd) = 0 Then         $hWnd = GUICtrlGetHandle($hWnd)     EndIf     Local $hDC = _WinAPI_GetDC($hWnd)     Local $iColor = _WinAPI_GetPixel($hDC, 0, 0)     _WinAPI_ReleaseDC($hWnd, $hDC)     Return $iColor EndFunc   ;==>GUICtrlGetBkColor
Example use of Function:
AutoIt         
#include <Constants.au3> #include <WinAPIEx.au3> ; Required for _WinAPI_GetPixel() #include 'GUICtrlGetBkColor.au3' Example() Func Example()     Local $aColor[6] = [5, 0x0000FF, 0x8FFF9F, 0xEC4841, 0xB0E35D, 0x440BFD] ; Random Color Array.     Local $iColor = 0     Local Const $hGUI = GUICreate('GUICtrlGetBkColor() Example', 500, 350)     Local Const $iLabel = GUICtrlCreateLabel('', 10, 10, 480, 330)     GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $hGUI)     For $i = 1 To $aColor[0]         GUICtrlSetBkColor($iLabel, $aColor[$i])         Sleep(20)         $iColor = GUICtrlGetBkColor($iLabel) ; Pass the Label ID to the Function.         MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, '', 'Background Color: ' & _ConvertToHexFormat($aColor[$i]) & @CRLF & _                 'GUICtrlGetBkColor() Hex Format: ' & _ConvertToHexFormat($iColor) & @CRLF & _                 'GUICtrlGetBkColor() Returned: ' & $iColor, 0, $hGUI)     Next     GUIDelete($hGUI) EndFunc   ;==>Example Func _ConvertToHexFormat($bColor)     Return Hex($bColor, 6) EndFunc   ;==>_ConvertToHexFormat
Additional thanks to Yashied for pointing out the obvious in this forum message about _WinAPI_GetPixel() and the hint about returning a RGB number :)

Edited by guinness, 28 November 2013 - 04:24 PM.

Example List: _AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingFileInstallrGeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIGetBkColor()LockFile()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandQueue()SciTE JumpSHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()WM_COPYDATAMore Examples...
Updated: 12/04/2014

#2 Aktonius

Aktonius

Prodigy

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 04:09 PM

you are awesome!

#3 guinness

guinness

• Developers
  • 15,707 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 04:25 PM

OK, well I'm flattered! But some of that flattery should go to Yashied as well :huh2:

Example List: _AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingFileInstallrGeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIGetBkColor()LockFile()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandQueue()SciTE JumpSHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()WM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

#4 Aktonius

Aktonius

Prodigy

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 01:22 PM

True, btw this function needs to be added to autoit by default

#5 guinness

guinness

• Developers
  • 15,707 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 01:27 PM

I think it's OK in the Example's Section.

#6 Aktonius

Aktonius

Prodigy

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 01:31 PM

don't be fake-modest guiness :huh2:

#7 Liuzi

Liuzi

Seeker

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 07:54 AM

Thank you!
It helped to me

#8 Liuzi

Liuzi

Seeker

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 07:59 AM

It is great, but some small problems

If both of the controls set the color and background color

Then the function returns GUICtrlSetColor() not GUICtrlSetBkColor()

At this point can be modified:
$bGetBkColor = _WinAPI_GetPixel($hDC, 0, 0) ------------------> $bGetBkColor = _WinAPI_GetPixel($hDC, 1, 1)

#9 guinness

guinness

• Developers
  • 15,707 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 06:15 PM

But this is probably a rare occurrence?

#10 guinness

guinness

• Developers
  • 15,707 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 10:36 AM

I've updated the Examples and Code in GUIGetBkColor(), GUICtrlGetBkColor() & GUICtrlGetStyle(). Any comments or suggestions then please post below or in the respective threads. Thanks.

Edited by guinness, 19 June 2011 - 10:36 AM.

#11 guinness

guinness

• Developers
  • 15,707 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 08:07 PM

I've updated the example and function syntax. See above for more details. Thanks.

#12 ISI360

ISI360

Adventurer

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 02:12 PM

Hi guinness!

I have a litte problem with your function:

If the control is on a tabpage and is NOT visible the func will return wrong colours. (What is clear because the control is on a differen tab and not visible)

Do you have an idea how to fix this? (Without to change the tabpages)

Thanks in advance! :)

#13 BrewManNH

BrewManNH

באָבקעס מיט קודוצ׳ה

• MVPs
  • 9,548 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 02:22 PM

It appears that the window and control have to be visible to be detected by this function. If you change the GUISetState command in the example to "GUISetState(@SW_SHOWMINIMIZED , $hGUI)" instead of using @SW_SHOW it won't detect the colors either.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to an XP machine, and I'm not going to.

How to ask questions the smart way!

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.
Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.
_FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editorGUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.
GUIToolTip UDF Demo - Demo script to show how to use the GUIToolTip UDF to create and use customized tooltips. Latin Square password generator

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

#14 guinness

guinness

• Developers
  • 15,707 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:06 PM

I can't think of a workaround at the moment. Sorry.

#15 BrewManNH

BrewManNH

באָבקעס מיט קודוצ׳ה

• MVPs
  • 9,548 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 02:16 PM

I believe it's a limitation of the "GetPixel" function of the gdi32.dll.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to an XP machine, and I'm not going to.

How to ask questions the smart way!

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.
Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.
_FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editorGUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.
GUIToolTip UDF Demo - Demo script to show how to use the GUIToolTip UDF to create and use customized tooltips. Latin Square password generator

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

#16 guinness

guinness

• Developers
  • 15,707 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 02:53 PM

It would appear so.

#17 shahino007

shahino007

Seeker

• Active Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 07:36 AM

Hey,

I'm trying to use the function above (GuiCtrlGetBKColor) but found a problem:

The GuiCtrlGetBKColor function needs only the handle to the control as input. Doesn't it need also a handle to the window which the control is located on? How the function knows to go to a specific window and there access to the handle of the subject control?

What I'm doing is editing the example and activating it on a known existing window. So I don't need the color array or the creation of a gui. Just need to know how to tell the function to address a specific window. From there' I'm sure, the function will do it's job

Thanks,

Edited by shahino007, 28 November 2013 - 09:55 AM.

#18 guinness

guinness

• Developers
  • 15,707 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 04:25 PM

Download the latest AutoIt beta to find the latest WinAPIEx.au3. The functions works for on my Windows 8.1 x64, so I have no clue what the problem is for you.

PS I updated the example to remove magic numbers!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users