This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more here. X
X

Photo

Custom PNG MsgBox -example

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 playlet

playlet

Universalist

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 09:53 PM

Hi, guys!

This is just an example of something I've been working on the last few days. Now, this wouldn't be special if there wasn't for one cool feature - GUI is completely built from PNG images. And when I say built, I mean built! Entire GUI is built from tiny PNG parts and it's size depends from the length of the longest line of text. You might ask: why from tiny PNG parts? - Well, my ultimate goal is to make the compiled size as small as possible. And I can only achieve that by reducing size of the required resources...
I hope someone will find it useful.

Preview:
MB-Preview.png

Download (v1.1):
Attached File  MsgBoxWithExamples.zip   16.49KB   581 downloads
Previous downloads: 6

As always, I would like to know what you think about it :D

P.S.
It's not a complete msgbox replacement since there are only 'OK' and 'Yes/No' buttons. Like I said, it's only an example.

Edited by playlet, 07 December 2011 - 01:39 AM.

#2 playlet

playlet

Universalist

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 01:40 AM

Update: v1.1
  • added Yes/No buttons

#3 wakillon

wakillon

Tiny Tools Coder

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,780 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 09:34 AM

Look very nice !

But i don't see any text ! :D

Posted Image
Edit : i'm on Xp

Edited by wakillon, 07 December 2011 - 09:45 AM.

AutoIt Version : 3.3.10.2 / Beta 3.3.11.4 SciTE 3.3.7 OS:WIN7/WIN8.1 CPU:X64 OS:X64

#4 playlet

playlet

Universalist

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 11:52 AM

What about this one?

<attachment removed>

Edited by playlet, 31 December 2011 - 12:22 AM.

#5 wakillon

wakillon

Tiny Tools Coder

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,780 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 12:07 PM

What about this one?

No text too ! :D

AutoIt Version : 3.3.10.2 / Beta 3.3.11.4 SciTE 3.3.7 OS:WIN7/WIN8.1 CPU:X64 OS:X64

#6 guinness

guinness

I've a handle on the fiction

• Developers
  • 15,633 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 12:10 PM

In both examples I get this error on Windows 7 x64 >> (Note: I haven't tried to debug the problem.)

C:UsersUserDesktopTestTestMsgBox with Examples.au3 (114) : ==> Subscript used with non-Array variable.:
If $pos[4] = $PosLab[$i][0] Then
If $pos^ ERROR

Example List: _AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingFileInstallrGeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIGetBkColor()LockFile()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandQueue()SciTE JumpSHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()WM_COPYDATAMore Examples...
Updated: 12/04/2014

#7 funkey

funkey

New Dad

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 601 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 12:48 PM

In both examples I get this error on Windows 7 x64 >> (Note: I haven't tried to debug the problem.)

Me too. But on WinXP!

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to

build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe

trying to produce bigger and better idiots.

So far, the Universe is winning.

#8 playlet

playlet

Universalist

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 12:54 PM

@wakillon
What about my Launcher - can you see the text on the left side of the initial splash GUI saying: "Ultimate Launcher" and just below that "v1.3.0.x"? - it uses the same function to draw the text.

@everyone
I'll have to suspend working on the script until I install Windows 7 in dual boot. I can't fix scripts this way, it's the only option...

By the way, what service pack are you using on Windows 7?

Edited by playlet, 07 December 2011 - 12:57 PM.

#9 wakillon

wakillon

Tiny Tools Coder

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,780 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 12:57 PM

@wakillon
What about my Launcher - can you see the text on the left side of the initial splash GUI saying: "Ultimate Launcher" and just below that "v1.3.0.x"? - it uses the same function to draw the text.

I see no text at all ! :D

#10 playlet

playlet

Universalist

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 01:18 PM

I can't believe it's not working, you have the exact same configuration as I do (your signature)

#11 wakillon

wakillon

Tiny Tools Coder

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,780 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 01:20 PM

I can't believe it's not working, you have the exact same configuration as I do (your signature)

One minute, i will try with another computer...

Edit : it works well with my netbook on XP
Sorry, may be an incompatibility with WindowBlinds i use on my desktop Computer !

Edited by wakillon, 07 December 2011 - 01:26 PM.

#12 playlet

playlet

Universalist

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 01:21 PM

What about the example from the help file for _GDIPlus_GraphicsDrawString - does this work on your computer?

#13 funkey

funkey

New Dad

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 601 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 02:16 PM

It runs for me on Win7-X64 in 32-Bit-Mode but not in 64-Bit-Mode.
Looks very nice btw.

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to

build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe

trying to produce bigger and better idiots.

So far, the Universe is winning.

#14 mesale0077

mesale0077

Universalist

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 05:44 PM

hi
very nice
as ınputbox, maybe can use

#15 JohnOne

JohnOne

John

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,212 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 06:13 PM

Win 7 32 bit, all works fine, nice work.

#16 ThaReverand

ThaReverand

Seeker

• Active Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 10:51 PM

Im going to give this a try, will include you in the credits if used

#17 JScript

JScript

I'm back ... I miss, why not!

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 10:59 PM

Very nice!!! Thanks...

João Carlos.
http://notebook.forumais.com (Forum Maintenance Notebooks and Desktop)http://autoitbrasil.com/ (AutoIt v3 Brazil!!!)
Spoiler

Posted Image Download Dropbox - Simplify your life!Your virtual HD wherever you go, anywhere!       

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users