Form Builder beta

BuckMaster

VERY impressive indeed. Something like this should replace Koda... Koda has such a windows 98 basic feel to it. This one you have made has a much richer modern look and functionality. Bloody good job indeed!

I found an array overrun bug. Start a new file. Add a child window via the button on the top toolbar. Then hit the X on the child window that appears in the design area and choose "No" you don't want to save it. Boom repeatable array based error.

Hope it helps.

Looks very promising - has the potential for the successor of Koda. :thumbsup:

I will test it more deeply later and tell you some issues I got with it...

Br,

UEZ

Edited by UEZ

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Selection of finest graphical examples at Codepen.io

The own fart smells best!
Her 'sikim hıyar' diyene bir avuç tuz alıp koşma!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ૐ

:)

Ok, this time when I hit X on the child window and press no, both the original window and the child vanish. Then if you click the tab at the top that says "untitled.gui" it Array crashes again.

An impressive project. I just quickly browsed the source code and my only suggestion(s) would be...

1. Replace Case -3 with Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE

2. Use new AutoIt color scheme that is present in SciTE.

Func _SetRESHAutoItColors()
    ; These are not required but it's easier to use enum when associating the array element numbers to the color meanings.
    Local Enum $iMacros, $iStrings, $iSpecial, $iComments, $iVariables, $iOperators, $iNumbers, $iKeywords, _
            $iUDFs, $iSendKeys, $iFunctions, $iPreProc, $iComObjects

; Declare 13 element array.
    Local $aColorTable[13]

; Values can use # or 0x.
    $aColorTable[$iMacros] = '#808000'
    $aColorTable[$iStrings] = 0xFF0000
    $aColorTable[$iSpecial] = '#DC143C'
    $aColorTable[$iComments] = '#008000'
    $aColorTable[$iVariables] = '#5A5A5A'
    $aColorTable[$iOperators] = '#FF8000'
    $aColorTable[$iNumbers] = 0x0000FF
    $aColorTable[$iKeywords] = '#0000FF'
    $aColorTable[$iUDFs] = '#0080FF'
    $aColorTable[$iSendKeys] = '#808080'
    $aColorTable[$iFunctions] = '#000090'
    $aColorTable[$iPreProc] = '#808000'
    $aColorTable[$iComObjects] = 0x993399

_RESH_SetColorTable($aColorTable)
EndFunc   ;==>_SetRESHAutoItColors

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

Very nice!

Ok thats working. I cannot click on layers I add on that left toolbar area. Also if I try and use a "UpDown" control from the left toolbar it does not seem to add anything anywhere. So far thats all I have found.

Edit:

You may want to check into your tree area on the right that shows currently used controls/gui. I have not been able to replicate the issue but I did have a child window showing up there yet it was missing in the code area at the bottom and there was no visual of it on the design area yet it was showing there in that tree. So watch out for that one if you happen to catch it.

Edited by Morthawt

If I try and highlight an area of script at the bottom and try and backspace it, it does nothing. Same with holding backspace to try and delete chunks of characters. I had to be very slow and deliberate one backspace at a time to edit the code.

EDIT:

Editing the grid size does not alter the visual representation of the grid in the form being worked upon.

Edited by Morthawt

Very nice indeed.

Agreed! This code is way above me for sure. I have no idea how he made something so nice looking and dynamic. I am totally speechless.. This is the most impressive thing I think I have seen yet.

When importing an existing script:

$cboStatusDisplay = GUICtrlCreateCombo ("", 126, 368, 97, 17, $CBS_DROPDOWNLIST)
GUICtrlSetData(-1, "None|Balloon|Window")
imports as:
$Label11 = GUICtrlCreateLabel( "None|Balloon|Window", 37, 370, 80, 17)

Also, this:

$frmOptions = GUICreate("Options", 314, 480, -1, -1)
gets imported as:
$frmOptions = GUICreate( "Options", 306, 446, -1, -1)
which results in some buttons being hidden at the bottom of the window.

A few more bugs:

Launch the app and then press the Close Current Window toolbar button. Answer "Yes". Repeat close window process again. Boom.

Also, similar thing happens if you close the current window and then choose New GUI from the File menu. Answer "Yes" to close current project. You will end up with two tabs titled "Untitled gui". When you switch back and forth between them, you get an array subscript error.

Also get a subscript error upon duplicating some elements.

Edited by DanP2

WOW

And it's all written in AutoIt script too!

This is impressive, I agree with UEZ, this has the capacity to be a successor to koda if you ask me, especially since it's in the language we all love.

An impressive project. I just quickly browsed the source code and my only suggestion(s) would be...

1. Replace Case -3 with Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE

2. Use new AutoIt color scheme that is present in SciTE.

1. why? Isn't GUI_EVENT_CLOSE just a variable with -3 assigned to it? I don't see that message code ever changing anytime soon or ever. :huh:

2. I personally don't like that new scheme, I counter suggest a "no" and "don't do it" :P

1. why? Isn't GUI_EVENT_CLOSE just a variable with -3 assigned to it? I don't see that message code ever changing anytime soon or ever. :huh:

2. I personally don't like that new scheme, I counter suggest a "no" and "don't do it" :P

You should avoid using "magic numbers" whenever possible, if you don't know what -3 means it can confuse anyone looking at your script. If you see GUI_EVENT_CLOSE you at least have an idea of what it's looking for.

I also would veto setting it to an arbitrary color scheme, not everyone leaves it at the default, so having it the same as SciTE's doesn't make a lot of sense. Choose the color scheme you like and let it be changeable by the user would be the way I'd go about it.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Wow! very nice looking project! :thumbsup: Looking forward to playing around with it.