Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nmontec

GUI crashed when re-using it

6 posts in this topic

Hello Everyone,

I've got a GUI with some checkboxes and a button that executes a procedure when it's pressed. When the procedure is completed, if i hit again the button the GUI crashes saying that an array is not initialized. The array is global and it was filled with the values I got from the GUI on the first run, and because I don't clear it I would expect to have the same content on the second one, so I'm puzzled.

Do you have any idea on why this happens? How do work this around?

Thanks a lot!

Nicola

nmontec,

It is the "ContinueLoop" on line 234982 that is causing the problem. :graduated:

If you want a more sensible answer, please post your code!

:(

M23

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind._______My UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

#3 ·  Posted (edited)

I will be amazed if the problem happens to be with line 234982 :graduated: Then I am convinced you're psychic!

Edited by guinness

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 04/09/2015

You're right, I didn't post any code.. :(

The array is declared

Global $Sequence[5][5]

Checkboxes are created with something like this

for $i=0 to 4 step 1
    $FilterLabel="Filter #" & $i
    GUICtrlCreateLabel($FilterLabel,5,$i*30+63)
    $Sequence[$i][0]=GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("",50,$i*30+60,20,20)
Next

This is the function where I get the error

Func ReadExposureMatrix ()
    for $FilterNo=0 to 4 Step 1
        if (GUICtrlRead($Sequence[$FilterNo][0])==$GUI_CHECKED) Then
            $ExposureMatrix[$FilterNo][0]=1
        Else
            $ExposureMatrix[$FilterNo][0]=0
        EndIf
        $ExposureMatrix[$FilterNo][1]=GUICtrlRead ( $Sequence[$FilterNo][1] )*1000
        $ExposureMatrix[$FilterNo][2]=GUICtrlRead ( $Sequence[$FilterNo][2] )
        $ExposureMatrix[$FilterNo][3]=GUICtrlRead ( $Sequence[$FilterNo][3] )
        $ExposureMatrix[$FilterNo][4]=GUICtrlRead ( $Sequence[$FilterNo][4] )
    Next
EndFunc

In particular the error is pointing at this line

Thanks once again :graduated:

Note that

is not the proper way to check control states, because they are bit flags. Try this:

If BitAND(GUICtrlRead($Sequence[$FilterNo][0]), $GUI_CHECKED) = $GUI_CHECKED Then

(BTW C-style '==' is only used in AutoIt for case sensitive string compares)

hope that helps,

whim