Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
damod

Help!! GUICtrlRead Multiple inputboxes

12 posts in this topic

thanks in advance for the help.. I am trying to read from multiple input boxes using a loop. I cannot seem to pull it off and cant figure out what i am doing wrong.

Any help would be great. Thanks again

#include <ButtonConstants.au3>
#include <EditConstants.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#Region ### START Koda GUI section ### Form=
$Form2 = GUICreate("Form2", 405, 279, 302, 218)
$Input1 = GUICtrlCreateInput("Input1", 48, 40, 121, 21)
$Input2 = GUICtrlCreateInput("Input2", 72, 104, 121, 21)
$Input3 = GUICtrlCreateInput("Input3", 200, 176, 121, 21)
$Input4 = GUICtrlCreateInput("Input4", 336, 248, 121, 21)
$Button1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Button1", 56, 216, 75, 25)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
#EndRegion ### END Koda GUI section ###

While 1
    $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $nMsg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit
        Case $Button1
            For $i = 1 to 3
                MsgBox(0,"test",$i)           ; display current value in $i
                $test = "$Input" & $i         ; fill $test with text "$Input" and value of $i should result in $Input1 and so on
                MsgBox(0,"test",$test)        ; display value of $test1 - should display $Input1
                $test1 = GUICtrlRead($test)   ; read from $test 
                MsgBox(0,"test",$test1)       ; display the results of read
                $test2 = GUICtrlRead($Input1) ; read the sam again 
                MsgBox(0,"test2",$test2)      ; display the read
            Next

EndSwitch
WEnd

#2 ·  Posted (edited)

Are you looking for something like this?

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While 1
    $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $nMsg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit
        Case $Button1
            MsgBox(0, "Input1", GUICtrlRead($Input1))
            MsgBox(0, "Input2", GUICtrlRead($Input2))
            MsgBox(0, "Input3", GUICtrlRead($Input3))
            MsgBox(0, "Input4", GUICtrlRead($Input4))
    EndSwitch
WEnd
Edited by Herb191

#3 ·  Posted (edited)

Or with a For..Next Loop try this.

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While 1
    $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $nMsg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit
        Case $Button1
            For $A = $Input1 To $Input4
                MsgBox(0, "Inputs", GUICtrlRead($A))
            Next
    EndSwitch
WEnd

I personally would create an Array e.g. $Input[5] = [4] and then $Input[1] = GUICtrlCreateInput("... then loop through the Array.

Edited by guinness

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 04/09/2015

Yes and no.... I only posted a small example of the code... There are over 30 input boxes on the real gui. I don't want to write code for each. I would rather process them in a loop, but I cannot figure out how to get it to work. this might clear it up a bit

For $i = 1 to 3
MsgBox(0,"test","$Input" & $i)
                ;$read = GUICtrlRead("$Input" & $i)
                MsgBox(0,"test",GUICtrlRead("$Input" & $i))
                MsgBox(0,"test",GUICtrlRead($Input1))

Next

sorry all... my computer decide freak out and post before I was done... I will read the above comments before completing the post

You guys are fantastic.. This is working great... Thanks so much for the help

#7 ·  Posted (edited)

A good example for your "Function Folder" if you want to loop the creation of buttons and find which one was clicked on >>

I updated the Function

It uses GUICtrlCreateDummy() which is sometimes an under appreciated Function within AutoIt.

Edited by guinness

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Whoops! I amended the version by taking out the Array!

$x = 0
$Gui = GUICreate("Test", 125, 34 )

$Btn_Start = GUICtrlCreateDummy()
For $i = 1 To 5
    $x = ($i - 1) * 25
    GUICtrlCreateButton($i, $x, 5, 24, 24)
Next
$Btn_End = GUICtrlCreateDummy()

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While 1
    $Msg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $Msg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit
        Case $Btn_Start To $Btn_End
            For $i = $Btn_Start To $Btn_End
                If $Msg == $i Then
                    MsgBox(0, "test", "Button: " & GUICtrlRead($i))
                EndIf
            Next
    EndSwitch
    Sleep( 10)
WEnd

#9 ·  Posted (edited)

I was playing with the code change posted by Deathbringer

(using eval) - I am confused about one thing.... If I use the following code what does the value

displayed in line 24 represent - MsgBox(0,"eval result",$test) ?

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While 1
    $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $nMsg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit
        Case $Button1
            For $i = 1 to 3
                MsgBox(0,"$i",$i)           ; display current value in $i
                $test = Eval("Input" & $i)         ; fill $test with text "$Input" and value of $i should result in $Input1 and so on
                MsgBox(0,"eval result",$test)        ; display value of $test1 - should display $Input1
                $test1 = GUICtrlRead($test)   ; read from $test
                MsgBox(0,"read of input - using eval result",$test1)       ; display the results of read
                $test2 = GUICtrlRead($Input1) ; read the sam again
                MsgBox(0,"Read of Input1 using $Input1",$test2)      ; display the read
            Next
    EndSwitch
WEnd
Edited by damod

I am posting more of the code... I cannot figure out how to do this. I will post this in two sections first the part of the code that I can't figure out and then the entire script. I am trying to use eval in a loop to fill in the following line -

$IPOctets = StringSplit(GUICtrlRead($ReadEval), ".") ; split the input field using the "." character

I have tried every combonation i can think of to get this to work but never get the result i expect. If i replace $ReadEval with $Input1 it works great.

Thanks again for the help

$count = ""
                    For $v = $Input1 to $Input4     ;loop count input boxes with values 

$Value = GUICtrlRead($v)

If  $Value <> "" Then 
                            $count = $count + 1

EndIf

Next

MsgBox(0,"Count","Total count of input boxes with values " & $count)

For $q= 1 to $count ; Loop based on number of input boxes with values - must be in order left down

MsgBox(0,"$q","Current Value in $q = " & $q)
                        $Eval = Eval("$Input" & $q)
                        MsgBox(0,"$Eval","Eval of $Input and $q = " & $Eval)
                        $ReadEval = GUICtrlRead($Eval)                      
                        $IPOctets = StringSplit(GUICtrlRead($ReadEval), ".") ; split the input field using the "." character
                        MsgBox(0,"$IPOctets","Current Value in $IPOctets = " & $IPOctets)
                        If $IPOctets[0] <> 4 Then  ; test for number of octets
                            MsgBox(0, "Entries insufficient", "Please enter four octets")
                            ExitLoop
                        EndIf
                        For $i = 1 To 4 ; check all four octets
                            If StringIsDigit($IPOctets[$i]) = 0 Then ; test that entries are digits
                                MsgBox(0, "NAN", "Position " & $i & " is not a number.")
                                ExitLoop(2)
                            EndIf

If $IPOctets[$i] <0 Or $IPOctets[$i] > 255 Then ; test that digits are within valid range
                                MsgBox(0, "Out of bounds", "Enter a number from 0 to 255 in position " & $i)
                                ExitLoop(2)
                            EndIf

Next

Next

Complete Script

#include <GUIConstants.au3>
#include <ComboConstants.au3>
#include <StaticConstants.au3>
#include <TabConstants.au3>
;Global $Input1, $Input2, $Input3
#Region ### START Koda GUI section ### Form=c:\users\superdamod\desktop\vobhelper\vobhelper.kxf
$Form1_1 = GUICreate("Form1", 618, 448, 200, 133)
$Button1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("GO", 80, 400, 75, 25)
$Button2 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Help", 264, 400, 75, 25)
$Button3 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Exit", 448, 400, 75, 25)
$Tab1 = GUICtrlCreateTab(0, 0, 617, 393)
$TabSheet1 = GUICtrlCreateTabItem("Tab1")
$Pic1 = GUICtrlCreatePic("turbine.bmp", 24, 104, 265, 273)
$Pic2 = GUICtrlCreatePic("Logo_Vestas.bmp", 120, 32, 377, 97)
$Label1 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("VOB Multiple Park View", 312, 192, 225, 28)
GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 14, 800, 4, "MS Sans Serif")
$TabSheet2 = GUICtrlCreateTabItem("TabSheet2")
$Combo1 = GUICtrlCreateCombo("Combo1", 32, 264, 145, 25, BitOR($CBS_DROPDOWN,$CBS_AUTOHSCROLL))
$Combo2 = GUICtrlCreateCombo("Combo2", 32, 320, 145, 25, BitOR($CBS_DROPDOWN,$CBS_AUTOHSCROLL))
$Combo3 = GUICtrlCreateCombo("Combo3", 229, 320, 145, 25, BitOR($CBS_DROPDOWN,$CBS_AUTOHSCROLL))
$Combo4 = GUICtrlCreateCombo("Combo4", 229, 264, 145, 25, BitOR($CBS_DROPDOWN,$CBS_AUTOHSCROLL))
$Combo5 = GUICtrlCreateCombo("Combo5", 424, 264, 145, 25, BitOR($CBS_DROPDOWN,$CBS_AUTOHSCROLL))
$Combo6 = GUICtrlCreateCombo("Combo6", 424, 320, 145, 25, BitOR($CBS_DROPDOWN,$CBS_AUTOHSCROLL))
$Combo7 = GUICtrlCreateCombo("Combo7", 416, 160, 145, 25, BitOR($CBS_DROPDOWN,$CBS_AUTOHSCROLL))
$Label2 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Select Your Current Screen Resolution ", 208, 168, 189, 17)
$Checkbox1 = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("Check This Box To Save Your Current Selections As Default", 32, 224, 305, 17)
$Pic3 = GUICtrlCreatePic("ogo_Vestas.bmp", 120, 32, 377, 97)
$TabSheet3 = GUICtrlCreateTabItem("TabSheet3")
$Pic4 = GUICtrlCreatePic("Logo_Vestas.bmp", 232, 24, 377, 97)
$Group1 = GUICtrlCreateGroup("Server Group 1", 11, 120, 177, 257)
$Input1 = GUICtrlCreateInput("10.106.3.220", 38, 160, 121, 21)
$Input2 = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 38, 195, 121, 21)
$Input3 = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 38, 230, 121, 21)
$Input4 = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 38, 265, 121, 21)
$Input5 = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 38, 300, 121, 21)
$Input6 = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 38, 335, 121, 21)
GUICtrlCreateGroup("", -99, -99, 1, 1)
$Group2 = GUICtrlCreateGroup("Server Group 2", 220, 120, 177, 257)
$Input7 = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 248, 160, 121, 21)
$Input8 = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 248, 192, 121, 21)
$Input9 = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 248, 230, 121, 21)
$Input10 = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 248, 265, 121, 21)
$Input11 = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 248, 300, 121, 21)
$Input12 = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 248, 335, 121, 21)
$Group3 = GUICtrlCreateGroup("Server Group 3", 428, 120, 177, 257)
$Input13 = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 456, 160, 121, 21)
$Input14 = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 456, 195, 121, 21)
$Input15 = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 456, 230, 121, 21)
$Input16 = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 456, 265, 121, 21)
$Input17 = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 456, 300, 121, 21)
$Input18 = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 456, 335, 121, 21)
$TabSheet4 = GUICtrlCreateTabItem("TabSheet4")
$Pic5 = GUICtrlCreatePic("Logo_Vestas.bmp", 120, 32, 377, 97)
GUICtrlCreateTabItem("")
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While 1

$nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $nMsg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit
        Case $Button3
            Exit
        Case $Button1
            Switch GUICtrlRead($Tab1)
                Case 0
                    MsgBox(0,"test","this is tab1")
                Case 1
                    MsgBox(0,"test","this is tab2")
                Case 2

$count = ""
                    For $v = $Input1 to $Input4     ;loop count input boxes with values 

$Value = GUICtrlRead($v)

If  $Value <> "" Then 
                            $count = $count + 1

EndIf

Next

MsgBox(0,"Count","Total count of input boxes with values " & $count)

For $q= 1 to $count ; Loop based on number of input boxes with values - must be in order left down

MsgBox(0,"$q","Current Value in $q = " & $q)
                            ExitLoop
                        EndIf
                        For $i = 1 To 4 ; check all four octets
                            If StringIsDigit($IPOctets[$i]) = 0 Then ; test that entries are digits
                                MsgBox(0, "NAN", "Position " & $i & " is not a number.")
                                ExitLoop(2)
                            EndIf

If $IPOctets[$i] <0 Or $IPOctets[$i] > 255 Then ; test that digits are within valid range
                                MsgBox(0, "Out of bounds", "Enter a number from 0 to 255 in position " & $i)
                                ExitLoop(2)
                            EndIf

Next

Next

Case 3
                    MsgBox(0,"test","this is tab4")
            EndSwitch

EndSwitch
WEnd

#11 ·  Posted (edited)

@guinness : haha, I like the "boundaries" method, found it pretty clever :x

@damod : remove '$' symbole from line :

should be :

$Eval = Eval("Input" & $q)
Edited by hench

#12 ·  Posted (edited)

I tried that and it did not work.. I tried the following..

$Eval = Eval("Input" & $q)
                        $IPOctets = StringSplit(GUICtrlRead($RealEval), ".") ; split the input field using the "." character

and also

$IPOctets = StringSplit(GUICtrlRead($Eval), ".") ; split the input field using the "." character

Thanks for the help with this

Edited by damod