Winwait for any window

hunsabre

I need a resource friendly solution to wait for a window poping up from one of two applications.

I don't know all the possible titles. I need to interpret the window from its title and its text and takes further actions upon it.

I can not explicitly wait for a specific window with specific title.

May some regexp should be used?

Have a look at AU3Info to determine the Windows details/info and then look in the Help File for WinWait() or WinWaitActive()

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

No. in runtime, I have no chance to check AU3Info.

The script have to pause and have to analyze the next window content. Depend on the content makes several actions.

i dont want to use a winlist comparisation in a while....end cycle to wait for the changed winlist status (new window appeared), because in consumes much more resource.

This one can manage the proble, but I not prefer such an infinite kidda loops:

$var = WinList()

$win1=$var[0][0]

while $var[0][0]=$win1

$var = WinList()

sleep(500)

WEnd

$last_tiltle=WinGetTitle("[ACTIVE]")

msgbox(0, "Window opened", $last_tiltle)

the sleep(500) can reduce the near 50% processor load to ~1% during the running while...wend loop.

the 500 msec still can be considered a real time apps.

your posts are rather confusing me...

but this waits till a visible window of a specified process-name exists and then returns the winHandle you should use in your scripts.

$test = waitforWin('notepad.exe')
MsgBox(64, 'Window found', 'wHnd = ' & $test & @LF & 'wTitle = ' & WinGetTitle($test))

Func waitforWin($processName)
    Local $pid, $lWin, $i
    While 1
        $pid = ProcessExists($processName)
        If $pid <> 0 Then
            $lWin = WinList()
            For $i = 1 To $lWin[0][0]
                ; If Process of the window is same as the process your looking for AND window is vicible then return winHandle
                If WinGetProcess($lWin[$i][1]) = $pid And BitAND(WinGetState($lWin[$i][1]), 2) Then Return $lWin[$i][1]
            Next
        EndIf
        Sleep(50)
    WEnd
EndFunc   ;==>waitforWin