OutlookEX UDF

water

Do you use any Outlook Add-Ons that coud cause the delay?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

• 2 months later...

Hello,

i have a strange problem when sending the email, the recipient is also added in the CC field...

this is the piece of code i'm using, taken from the examples in the UDF zip.

Global $oItem = _OL_ItemRecipientAdd($oOutlook, $aOL_Item[1][0], Default, $olOptional, $email)
            _OL_ItemRecipientAdd($oOutlook, $oItem, Default, $olTo, $email)

So the result is the recipient added in both the To and CC fields...

Any idea ?

EDIT:

OK, sorry,  i found my mistake, i only need 1 line of code, my first line was adding the email in the CC field. This line is enough :

Global $oItem = _OL_ItemRecipientAdd($oOutlook, $aOL_Item[1][0], Default, $olTo, $email)

Edited by cetipabo

Well now I have a new problem...

My script works well at home on a windows 10 PC + Outlook 2019, as well on my PC at the office with win10 + outlook 2019 too. But from the PC the script was developped for, under Win7  and office 2010, it doesn't.

The attached files (4 simple .PDF files) are disabled by outlook, they are considered potentialy dangerous...i don't have this problem when the script is executed from my PC...
When runing the script, Outlook detects that and external programm tries to send an email so it asks me if yes or now i allow this, i say YES, but there might be something flagging the emails as suspicious...

Edited by cetipabo

Which antivirus software do you run on your Win 7 PC?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

i was runing the script without any antivirus, but I remember i had a similar problem in the past because there was no antivirus installed... so i tried with Symantec endpoint protection and restarted the PC, the behavior is the same...

Now i see that i have that alert message about "something is trying to send an email..." when i run the script from the .au3 file, BUT i have no alert message when runing the compiled sscript (.exe) but in this case the attached files are disabled...

Edited by cetipabo

i found this, not sure if it gonna help me, according to what they say in the quote https://www.howto-outlook.com/products/outlooktools.htm

Edit :
it didn't fix the problem.

Also tried the registry Fix here : https://appuals.com/fix-outlook-blocked-access-to-the-following-potentially-unsafe-attachments/

Problem not Fixed...That's Crazy !!

Edited by cetipabo

With _OL_Open you can start a second process to look for such messages and click them away. An example is provided but might be modified due to Outlook version and language.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

👍🏻

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Please stop posting "Thank you!" just to push up your post count!

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Need help. My society prevents automated e-mail transfer. We are monitoring a pump system and would like to receive alerts when we are not at work on a external box. I tried the _OL_ItemForward example script. No error but obviously the forwarded mails are blocked. What solution can I apply? recreate the email and add the body and send it ? example appreciated . thanks 

• Developers

@Witcher 

Welcome.... I doubt the provided information is clear enough to be able to assist you. Show what you have now as a start and tell us what you mean by "blocked"....blocked where/by what?

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Hi jos,

I try to clarify. I ve used the example script below. It works fine : connect to the mail box, find the mails unread and send them to a external address. I see outlook  display the message "sending mail...". But the mail doesn't arrive in the external mailbox. I don't know exactly what blocks ( a admin rule on the exchange server?). I ve tried with a rule in Outlook to forward automatically some mails. This gives the same result. When i forward the mail manualy to the external mailbox, it works. That why, i am interested in Outlookex_udf to simulate a manual sending..

Thanks for your answer...

; Include Functions
#include <OutlookEX.au3>
Global $oForward, $sRecipient = "John.Doe@company.com"

; Connect to Outlook
Global $oOutlook = _OL_Open()
If @error <> 0 Then Exit MsgBox(16, "Connect to Outlook", "Error connecting to Outlook. @error = " & @error & ", @extended = " & @extended)

; Access correct mailbox
Global $aFolder = _OL_FolderAccess($oOutlook, "\\Correct Mailbox\Inbox", $olFolderInbox)
If @error <> 0 Then Exit MsgBox(16, "Folder access", "Error accessing the mailbox. @error = " & @error & ", @extended = " & @extended)

; Get unread items
Global $aItems = _OL_ItemFind($oOutlook, $aFolder[1], $olMail, "[UnRead]=True", "", "", "EntryID,Subject,Body")
If @error <> 0 Then Exit MsgBox(16, "Item find", "Error searching for unread mail items. @error = " & @error & ", @extended = " & @extended)
MsgBox(0, "Number of unread items", $aItems[0][0])
If $aItems[0][0] = 0 Then Exit MsgBox(16, "Error", "No mail items in Correct Mailbox Inbox.")

; Forward all unread mails
For $i = 1 To $aItems[0][0]
    $oForward = _OL_ItemForward($oOutlook, $aItems[$i][0], Default, "") ; Create a copy of the item to forward
    If @error <> 0 Then Exit MsgBox(16, "Item forward", "Error creating an item copy to forward. @error = " & @error & ", @extended = " & @extended)
    _OL_ItemRecipientAdd($oOutlook, $oForward, Default, $olTo, $sRecipient) ; Add recipient
    If @error <> 0 Then Exit MsgBox(16, "Recipient add", "Error adding a recipient to the mail item. @error = " & @error & ", @extended = " & @extended)
    _OL_ItemSend($oOutlook, $oForward) ; Send the item to the recipient
    If @error <> 0 Then Exit MsgBox(16, "Item send", "Error sending the mail item. @error = " & @error & ", @extended = " & @extended)
Next

; Close connection to Outlook
_OL_Close($oOutlook)

I think the OutlookEX UDF and the Outlook rule to forward mails use the same API. So what blocks the Outlook rule blocks the OutlookEX UDF as well.
I think it would be best to talk to your IT-professionals. Maybe they use the Microsoft data classification system or other rules to block transferring mails to an EXTERNAL mailbox.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Hi water,

Unfortunately the IT administrator will not make an exception for my need even if he understands it. Mails automatically forwarded are blocked. Not the others. A sort of data loss protection?

If I put the unread mails in a array and then with a loop, generate a few mails with subject and body, from the array, which I send. Is this possible to do with OutlookEX_UDF?

Thanks for your answer...

If your IT-admin decides to block forwarded mails then this is a security measure of your company. To bypass such security decisions is a very BAD idea. I have been working in IT-security for years. Everyone who tried or did bypass our security measures was in BIG troubles.

Why do you think it's necessary to forward company emails to an external (private) mailbox?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

it is to intervene as quickly as possible on an alert. otherwise I have to connect to the mailbox to check regularly if everything is fine. SMS is perhaps an other possibility...

I don't know the other reasons of the blocking...

If it is your job to respond to alerts as quickly as possible then your company needs to provide tools so you can do your job.
The company should send the alerts by using pager or SMS or phone call. You could then check your mail for details.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki