OutlookEX UDF - Help & Support

Hi Water,

I use 2007 but if it is easier or will help - i can switch to 2010, it is no problem.

I prefer the explorer. Other option that i am looking at the momment is to create an outlook

MainMenu or SubMenu item.

Hi Juvigy,

I have been searching the internet for about 2 hours and couldn't find a solution that would be easy to implement.

I know nothing about Outlook and GUI modification and - unfortunately - don't have the time at the moment to dive in.

Another problem seems to be that M$ changed the way a context menu can be modified with Outlook 2010.

I'm sorry to tell you that I can't help you with this subject at the moment.

I hope you can find a solution!

Regards

Water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

I can't see a problem with the code.

You stated that you use Obfuscator to remove unneeded functions/declarations. Do you check the linenumber in the obfuscated file e.g. <yourscriptname>_obfuscated.au3?

I get the impression that the problem needs to be somewhere else because my stripped down example worked just fine.

Hi Water,

I think i got some finding which may help! like my script needs a administrator so i have used #RequireAdmin command on my program... so the reason i am getting the error message whatever i have reported above. if i remove that #RequireAdmin function from my code and if i give try it works. i mean i could able to send an email through OutlookEX UDF.. this gives any clue ? sorry to disturb you!

Edited by Syed23

Thank you,Regards,[font="Garamond"][size="4"]K.Syed Ibrahim.[/size][/font]

I think i got some finding which may help! like my script needs a administrator so i have used #RequireAdmin command on my program... so the reason i am getting the error message whatever i have reported above. if i remove that #RequireAdmin function from my code and if i give try it works. i mean i could able to send an email through OutlookEX UDF.. this gives any clue?

Yes, that points me into the right direction.

#RequireAdmin re-starts the script in a new process as user "Administrator".

When all the work is done, your script tries to start Outlook as user "Administrator". The user "Administrator" usually doesn't have a mailbox. Therefore _OL_Open ends with an error.

The only solution I can think of is to split your script into two pieces.

One script runs in user context and uses Outlook to send the mail. The other script runs as "Administrator" and does all the WMI stuff etc. You have to decide how to transfer data between this two scripts (by file, as parameters ...).

I hope this solves your problem :huh2:

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to enhance the OutlookEX UDF. Functions for PST archives and mail signatures are in the making.

What do you think about the "Out of Office" message? Would anyone like to see functions to access/manipulate this?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Hi Water,

Any idea why this is not working?

Global $oOutlook = _OL_Open()
$myFolder = _OL_FolderGet($oOutlook)
$myItem = $myFolder[1].Items
ConsoleWrite($myItem.Count&@CRLF)
$test=ObjEvent($myItem,"myItem_")
While 1
    Sleep(1000)
    ConsoleWrite($myItem.Count&@CRLF)
WEnd

Func myItem_ItemAdd()
    MsgBox(0,"$test.subject","NewItem event triggered!")
EndFunc

I verify that a new item is added to the collection , but the msgbox doesnt show.

The goal is to trigger the itemadd event. : http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa171270%28v=office.11%29.aspx

Hi Juvigy,

did you check the OutlookEx example thread (please see my signature)?

To handle events with AutoIt you have to run at least Outlook 2007.

If you change my example script to handle the NewItem event the function has to be named "oOApp_NewItem".

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Hi Water ,

The NewMail /NewMailEx / ItemLoad events work for me.

What it doesnt work is ItemAdd / ItemRemove events.

What i want to accomplish is to get mail details if a mail is received in a shared mailbox inbox (and any outlook folder in general)

and if a mail is removed (moved to another folder or deleted) from that shared mailbox inbox (and any outlook folder in general)

@Edit,

here is something like example;

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb220152%28v=office.12%29.aspx

Edited by Juvigy

I think the problem is related to this sentence in your MSDN link: "This event is not available in Microsoft Visual Basic Scripting Edition (VBScript)".

As AutoIt is similar to Visual Basic I think the NewItem event can't be used.

I did some more research: The above sentence is true for the NewMailEX event as well. But this event works fine with AutoIt.

What is different is the "subevent".

Maybe this script works (Can't test it here right now).

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Au3Check_Parameters= -d -w 1 -w 2 -w 3 -w 4 -w 5 -w 6
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Au3Check_Stop_OnWarning=Y
#include <OutlookEX.au3>

; *****************************************************************************
; Example Script
; Handle Outlook ItemAdd event when a new contact has been added.
; This script loops until Shift-Alt-E is pressed to exit.
HotKeySet("+!e", "_Exit") ;Shift-Alt-E to Exit the script
MsgBox(64, "OutlookEX UDF Example Script", "Hotkey to exit the script: 'Shift-Alt-E'!")

Global $oOApp = ObjCreate("Outlook.Application")
Global $oItems = $oOApp.GetNamespace("MAPI").GetDefaultFolder(olFolderContacts).Items
Global $oItemsEvent = ObjEvent($oItems, "oOItems_")

While 1
WEnd

Func oOItems_ItemAdd($sOL_Item)

MsgBox(64, "OutlookEX UDF Example Script", "New Contact has been added!" & @CRLF & @CRLF & _
"Firstname: " & $oOL_Item.FirstName & @CRLF & _
"Lastname:  " & $oOL_Item.LastName)

EndFunc

Func _Exit()
Exit
EndFunc
Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Doesnt work. Strangely. I added error handler and it fails on $oItemsEvent = ObjEvent($oItems, "oItems_") - hex error number = 80040200

This is the only thing i get.

$oMyError = ObjEvent("AutoIt.Error","MyErrFunc")
$oOApp = ObjCreate("Outlook.Application")
$test = ObjEvent($oOApp, "oOApp_")
$oItems = $oOApp.Application.GetNamespace("MAPI").GetDefaultFolder(6).Items
$oItem = $oItems(2)
ConsoleWrite("Event name = "& $oItems.Count & @CRLF)
ConsoleWrite("Event name = "& $oItem.Subject & @CRLF)
$oItemsEvent = ObjEvent($oItems, "oItems_")

While 1
WEnd

Func oItems_ItemAdd($oItem)
ConsoleWrite("Event name = " & @CRLF)
EndFunc

That's what I feared :huh2:

An ItemAdd event can only be triggered by a collection ("Occurs when one or more items are added to the specified collection"). A collection is the sum of all items in a folder etc. Unfortunately for the AutoIt statement ObjEvent an object is needed (e.g. the folder object).

Don't know how to do that in AutoIt at the moment.

Some more testing is needed ...

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

What I've found so far:

The ItemAdd event was once discussed on this Redemption was used but there was no solution how to grab the events.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Version 0.3.0 has been released.

Please test before using in production!

For download please see my signature.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

• 1 month later...

Hi Water, i'm working a mail bot and I came upon your OutlookEx UDF, I would like to know how could I receive email and find a subject in Outlook. I've search on your forums page and the closet was the example on the new mail. I have tried to tweal it but failed. Is it also possible to delete a email on a particular subject? Thank you in advance.

Hi dion,

should be possible with the OutlookEX UDF.

If you run Outlook 2007 or later you can start with the _OL_Test_NewMail_Event.au3 example.

Every mail you receive triggers an event which is caught by the example script.

The EntryID is passed to function oOApp_NewMailEx. In the example you can access the subject using $oOL_Item.Subject.

If you then need to delete the mail call _OL_ItemDelete($oOApp, $sOL_EntryId)

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Hi dion,

should be possible with the OutlookEX UDF.

If you run Outlook 2007 or later you can start with the _OL_Test_NewMail_Event.au3 example.

Every mail you receive triggers an event which is caught by the example script.

The EntryID is passed to function oOApp_NewMailEx. In the example you can access the subject using $oOL_Item.Subject.

If you then need to delete the mail call _OL_ItemDelete($oOApp, $sOL_EntryId)

Hi Water,

Thank you for the reply. How about the attachment of that email,do I use _OL_ItemAttachmentGet to save the attachement? Basically what I'm tring to acheive is that when on user click it would receive email and after which get the subject and save the attachment and lastly process a particular actions. I'm stuck with receiving email, finding the subject and saving the attachemnt portion. The below are the codes that I have tried but I'm encountering error on the array. Could you please guide me where have i gone wrong? Thank you for the help and advice.

#include <OutlookEX.au3>

; Example Script
MsgBox(64, "OutlookEX UDF Example Script", "Hotkey to exit the script: 'Shift-Alt-E'!")

Global $test = ObjEvent($oOApp, "oOApp_")

While 1
WEnd

Func oOApp_NewMailEx($sOL_EntryId)

Local $oOL_Item = $oOApp.Session.GetItemFromID($sOL_EntryId, Default)
    Local $Subject = $oOL_Item.Subject
    If $Subject = "TEST 1" Then
    MsgBox(4096,"Test","Test MSG received.")

Global $aOL_Item = _OL_ItemFind($oOutlook, $sOL_EntryId, $olMail, "", "", "", "EntryID")
    If $aOL_Item[0][0] = 0 Then Exit MsgBox(16, "OutlookEX UDF: _OL_ItemAttachmentGet Example Script", "Could not find a mail item.'. @error = " & @error)
    $Result = _OL_ItemAttachmentGet($oOutlook, $aOL_Item[1][0], Default)
    If @error <> 0 Then Exit MsgBox(16, "OutlookEX UDF: _OL_ItemAttachmentGet Example Script", "Error getting list of attachments for mail" & @error & ", @extended = " & @extended)
    $Result[1][0].Delete
    _ArrayDisplay($Result, "OutlookEX UDF: _OL_ItemAttachmentGet Example Script")

else
    MsgBox(4096,"Test","Test MSG Not received.")
    Endif
EndFunc   ;==>oOApp_NewMailEx

Func _Exit()
    Exit
EndFunc   ;==>_Exit
Edited by dion

I'm not at my WIndows PC at the moment so I can't test. But I think this should work.

Every attachment of the test mail is saved to C:\temp. Then the test mail is deleted.

Hope it works.

#include <OutlookEx.au3>

; Example Script

Global $test = ObjEvent($oOApp, "oOApp_")

While 1
WEnd

Func oOApp_NewMailEx($sOL_EntryId)

Local $oOL_Item = $oOApp.Session.GetItemFromID($sOL_EntryId, Default)
    Local $Subject = $oOL_Item.Subject
    If $Subject = "TEST 1" Then
        MsgBox(4096,"Test","Test MSG received.")
        $aAttachments = _OL_ItemAttachmentGet($oOutlook, $aOL_Item[1][0], Default)
        If @error <> 0 Then Exit MsgBox(16, "OutlookEX UDF: _OL_ItemAttachmentGet Example Script", "Error getting list of attachments for mail: @error = " & @error & ", @extended = " & @extended)
        For $i = 1 To $aAttachments[0][0]
            $aAttachments[$i][0].SaveAsFile("C:\Temp\" & $aAttachments[$i][3]) 
            If @error <> 0 Then Exit MsgBox(16, "OutlookEX UDF: _OL_ItemAttachmentGet Example Script",  "Error saving attachments to disk:  @error = " & @error & ",  @extended = " & @extended)
        Next
        _OL_ItemDelete($oOutlook, $sOL_EntryId)
        If @error <> 0 Then Exit MsgBox(16, "OutlookEX UDF: _OL_ItemAttachmentGet Example Script",  "Error deleting mail:  @error = " & @error & ",  @extended = " & @extended)
    Else
        MsgBox(4096,"Test","Test MSG Not received.")
    Endif

EndFunc   ;==>oOApp_NewMailEx

Func _Exit()
    Exit
EndFunc   ;==>_Exit

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Anytime I use the _OL_Wrapper_SendMail(), I get the error I have attached in the screenshot. It sends the message, but it pops up that error box before each one. I'm using WindowsXP with Outlook 2003.

My code is below.

What am I missing?

$oOutlook = _OL_Open()
_OL_Wrapper_SendMail($oOutlook,"joe.blow@email.com","","","DO NOT REPLY - TEST MESSAGE",$strEmailBody)

Posted Image

Edited by Mercury049

Anytime I use the _OL_Wrapper_SendMail(), I get the error I have attached in the screenshot. It sends the message, but it pops up that error box before each one. I'm using WindowsXP with Outlook 2003.

My code is below.

What am I missing?

$oOutlook = _OL_Open()
_OL_Wrapper_SendMail($oOutlook,"joe.blow@email.com","","","DO NOT REPLY - TEST MESSAGE",$strEmailBody)

Posted Image

Ok, so I answered my own question after a BUNCH of troubleshooting. The funny thing is I bet this was already a documented issue and I just didn't read it somewhere. The issue is that you cannot have _AD_Open() at the same time you send an email. This script was working heavily in AD and then sending out an email reporting some stuff. The only thing I had to do to fix is was to _AD_Close() right before sending the message and then reopen AD to continue my work. That fixed it flawlessly.

Just a heads up in case anyone else encounters the same issue.

The only "problem" I know of at the moment is that the OutlookEX UDF doesn't create it's own error handler because the error handler of the AD UDF is still active.

I will have a look at it as soon as I return to my office.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki