Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

NOTE: supported on Vista+

This is a demo on monitoring the state of a laptop's lid. Notice how you can't make a laptop lock when you close the lid? Here's one solution:

Global Const $WM_POWERBROADCAST = 0x0218
; GUID_LIDSWITCH_STATE_CHANGE GUID
; 0xBA3E0F4D, 0xB817, 0x4094, 0xA2, 0xD1, 0xD5, 0x63, 0x79, 0xE6, 0xA0, 0xF3
Global Const $GUID_LIDSWITCH_STATE_CHANGE = DllStructCreate("byte[16]")
DllStructSetData($GUID_LIDSWITCH_STATE_CHANGE, 1, Binary("0x4D0F3EBA17B89440A2D1D56379E6A0F3"))

; create gui and register notification
Global $GUI = GUICreate("")
GUIRegisterMsg($WM_POWERBROADCAST, "__WM_POWER")
Global $hPower = DllCall("user32.dll", "handle", "RegisterPowerSettingNotification", "handle", $GUI, "ptr", DllStructGetPtr($GUID_LIDSWITCH_STATE_CHANGE), "dword", 0)
GUISetState()

Do
Until GUIGetMsg() = -3

; unregister notification
DllCall("user32.dll", "bool", "UnregisterPowerSettingNotification", "handle", $hPower[0])

Func __WM_POWER($hwnd, $msg, $wparam, $lparam)
    #forceref $hwnd
    Local Const $PBT_POWERSETTINGCHANGE = 0x8013
    ; Data member is variable depending on notification
    ; the size of the Data member is returned in DataLength
    Local Const $POWERBROADCAST_SETTING = "byte[16];dword DataLength;byte Data"

    Switch $msg
        Case $WM_POWERBROADCAST
            Switch $wparam
                Case $PBT_POWERSETTINGCHANGE
                    Local $PBT_PSC = DllStructCreate($POWERBROADCAST_SETTING, $lparam)
                    ; GUID of registered notification is the first member of the structure
                    Switch DllStructGetData($PBT_PSC, 1)
                        Case DllStructGetData($GUID_LIDSWITCH_STATE_CHANGE, 1)
                            ; for this notification, Data is an int representing the lid state
                            Local $data = DllStructCreate("int", DllStructGetPtr($PBT_PSC, "Data"))
                            _LidStateChange(DllStructGetData($data, 1))
                            ;
                            Return 1
                    EndSwitch
            EndSwitch
    EndSwitch

    Return "GUI_RUNDEFMSG"
EndFunc

Func _LidStateChange($iState)
    Static $iPrevious = -1
    If $iPrevious = -1 Then
        ; first fire, current state
        $iPrevious = $iState
        Return
    ElseIf $iPrevious = $iState Then
        Return
    Else
        $iPrevious = $iState
    EndIf
    ; lid state:
    ; 0 -> closed
    ; 1 -> open
    Switch $iState
        Case 0
            ConsoleWrite("lid closed" & @CRLF)
            DllCall("user32.dll", "bool", "LockWorkStation")
        Case 1
            ConsoleWrite("lid opened" & @CRLF)
    EndSwitch
EndFunc
Edited by wraithdu
Posted

Nice wraithdu! I'm always learning from you, especially when you released your MD5Hash project.

UDF List:

 
_AdapterConnections() • _AlwaysRun() • _AppMon() • _AppMonEx() • _ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce • _BinaryBin() • _CheckMsgBox() • _CmdLineRaw() • _ContextMenu() • _ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor() • _DesktopDimensions() • _DisplayPassword() • _DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload() • _Fibonacci() • _FileCompare() • _FileCompareContents() • _FileNameByHandle() • _FilePrefix/SRE() • _FindInFile() • _GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor() • _GetConrolID() • _GetCtrlClass() • _GetDirectoryFormat() • _GetDriveMediaType() • _GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt() • _GetHardwareID() • _GetIP() • _GetIP_Country() • _GetOSLanguage() • _GetSavedSource() • _GetStringSize() • _GetSystemPaths() • _GetURLImage() • _GIFImage() • _GoogleWeather() • _GUICtrlCreateGroup() • _GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray() • _GUICtrlListView_CreateArray() • _GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV() • _GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML() • _GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt() • _GUICtrlListView_SaveXML() • _GUICtrlMenu_Recent() • _GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage() • _GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray() • _GUIDisable() • _GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle() • _GUIRegisterMsg() • _GUISetIcon() • _Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set() • _IdleTime() • _InetGet() • _InetGetGUI() • _InetGetProgress() • _IPDetails() • _IsFileOlder() • _IsGUID() • _IsHex() • _IsPalindrome() • _IsRegKey() • _IsStringRegExp() • _IsSystemDrive() • _IsUPX() • _IsValidType() • _IsWebColor() • _Language() • _Log() • _MicrosoftInternetConnectivity() • _MSDNDataType() • _PathFull/GetRelative/Split() • _PathSplitEx() • _PrintFromArray() • _ProgressSetMarquee() • _ReDim() • _RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock() • _ScrollingCredits • _SelfDelete() • _SelfRename() • _SelfUpdate() • _SendTo() • _ShellAll() • _ShellFile() • _ShellFolder() • _SingletonHWID() • _SingletonPID() • _Startup() • _StringCompact() • _StringIsValid() • _StringRegExpMetaCharacters() • _StringReplaceWholeWord() • _StringStripChars() • _Temperature() • _TrialPeriod() • _UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate() • _WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE() • _WinAPI_CreateGUID() • _WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString() • Au3 script parsing • AutoIt Search • AutoIt3 Portable • AutoIt3WrapperToPragma • AutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle() • Coding • DirToHTML5 • FileInstallr • FileReadLastChars() • GeoIP database • GUI - Only Close Button • GUI Examples • GUICtrlDeleteImage() • GUICtrlGetBkColor() • GUICtrlGetStyle() • GUIEvents • GUIGetBkColor() • Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse() • IsISBN() • LockFile() • Mapping CtrlIDs • OOP in AutoIt • ParseHeadersToSciTE() • PasswordValid • PasteBin • Posts Per Day • PreExpand • Protect Globals • Queue() • Resource Update • ResourcesEx • SciTE Jump • Settings INI • SHELLHOOK • Shunting-Yard • Signature Creator • Stack() • Stopwatch() • StringAddLF()/StringStripLF() • StringEOLToCRLF() • VSCROLL • WM_COPYDATA • More Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

  • 2 years later...
Posted (edited)

I'm om Windows 8.  I run the demo and get no output.  I set my Laptop lid close action to "do nothing" but I get no console output at all from the demo when I close and open the lid. 

Edited by MilesAhead
Posted

But the lid does lock.. so it works.  I'll have to look it over more.  I'm searching for a lid locker for someone on another forum and found this thread.  :)  Very cool.  I've found a lot of threads where it's been attempted but not achieved.  :)

Posted

How are you running the script and where are you expecting console output? I just tested on Win 8.1 and I get the proper SciTE output in the console and the laptop locks when closing the lid.

Posted

How are you running the script and where are you expecting console output? I just tested on Win 8.1 and I get the proper SciTE output in the console and the laptop locks when closing the lid.

 

How are you running the script and where are you expecting console output? I just tested on Win 8.1 and I get the proper SciTE output in the console and the laptop locks when closing the lid.

I tried running in Scite.  The lock worked but no text output.  I tried from a command prompt with compiled version.  Same thing I'm on Windows 8 pre SP.  Maybe that's the difference.

Posted

Are you running it using #RequireAdmin?

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Posted

I was not, but I see your point in asking.

@MilesAhead

If you're using #RequireAdmin then SciTE cannot capture the console output. Further, you must compile the script as a console application if you want command prompt to show you console output. Use

#pragma compile(Console, true)

Posted (edited)

Are you running it using #RequireAdmin?

 

No.  I just pasted the script in Scite and saved it to an .au3 file.

Edit: Ok. I added that (#requireadmin I mean) and it works.  :)

Edit2:  I just got this Laptop.  Seems in W8 everything has to be run as admin.  I can't even save a file in Scite without it.  pita.  :)

Edited by MilesAhead
Posted

Hopefully they responded to user complaints?  As far as I remember on W7 I turned UAC either off or to the lowest setting and that was that.  This W8 I can't even save a file in any of the Program Files trees without run as admin.. even with UAC all the way down on the slider.  It's really annoying.

Posted

I believe if you run SciTE as an admin, then you won't need to use it in your scripts for testing.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

  • 1 year later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...