Menu bar issue.

My problem is, as poorly described in the topic description, that i want a menu to bring up the msgbox, not the menu item.

Idk if its possible but there is probably some udf i cant find somewhere.

My script, working as it should, but not as i want it to:

#include <GUIConstantsEX.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>

;Create Gui
Global $hGUI = GUICreate("Program", @DesktopWidth*0.35, @DesktopHeight*0.3)

;Create Menu
Local $hMenu = GUICtrlCreateMenu("Menu")
Global $Exit = GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("&Exit", $hMenu)
Local $hAbout = GUICtrlCreateMenu("About")
Local $IdAbout = GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("&About", $hAbout)

GUISetState()

While 1
    $msg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $Msg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, $Exit
            Exit
        Case $IdAbout
            MsgBox(0,"About","About info here")
            ExitLoop
    EndSwitch
WEnd

My script as i want it to work.

#include <GUIConstantsEX.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>

;Create Gui
Global $hGUI = GUICreate("Program", @DesktopWidth*0.35, @DesktopHeight*0.3)

;Create Menu
Local $hMenu = GUICtrlCreateMenu("Menu")
Global $Exit = GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("&Exit", $hMenu)
Local $hAbout = GUICtrlCreateMenu("About")

GUISetState()

While 1
    $msg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $Msg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, $Exit
            Exit
        Case $hAbout; <----- Notice its $hAbout now, not $IdAbout!
            MsgBox(0,"About","About info here")
            ExitLoop
    EndSwitch
WEnd

Edited by Maffe811

[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"]Hobby graphics artist, using gimp.Automating pc stuff, using AutoIt.Listening to music, using Grooveshark.[/font]Scripts:[spoiler]Simple ScreenshotSaves you alot of trouble when taking a screenshot!Don't remember what happened with this, but aperantly the exe is all i got.If you don't want to run it, simply don't._IsRun UDFIt figures out if the script has ben ran before based on the info in a ini file.If you don't want to use exactly what i wrote, you can use it as inspiration.[/spoiler]

Have a look at _GUICtrlMenu_CreateMenu in the Help File and WM_COMMAND. I should have an Example in a couple of minutes.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

That was in my first try, but then i read somewhere that i should avoid it if i could.

But i'll look.

[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"]Hobby graphics artist, using gimp.Automating pc stuff, using AutoIt.Listening to music, using Grooveshark.[/font]Scripts:[spoiler]Simple ScreenshotSaves you alot of trouble when taking a screenshot!Don't remember what happened with this, but aperantly the exe is all i got.If you don't want to run it, simply don't._IsRun UDFIt figures out if the script has ben ran before based on the info in a ini file.If you don't want to use exactly what i wrote, you can use it as inspiration.[/spoiler]

There you are >>

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Thanks!

But i cant find WM_COMMAND anywhere.

Search in the Help File WM_COMMAND. But the Example I found after searching the Forum is working!

UDF List:

Yes it is!

Thank you alot for that.

But i hate knowing how to code/make stuff, without knowing how the syntax/components work.

I just tried to search for it and this time it came up... idk what i did wrong last time!

Again, thanks!

Edit:

GUICtrlCreateMenu("")
$HelpM = GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("Menu", -1)
GUICtrlSetOnEvent(-1, "_TestFun")
The -1 in GUICtrlSetOnEvent. Does that mean 1 backwards/above? Edited by Maffe811

I looked around in the link you sent me, and i found this wich seemed easier to understand and use.

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
;~ #include <WindowsConstants.au3>
;~ #include <GuiButton.au3>

$GUI = GUICreate("", 300, 200)
GUISetOnEvent($GUI_EVENT_CLOSE,"_Exit")
Opt("GUIOnEventMode",1)
Opt("GUIResizeMode", 1)

$Menu = GUICtrlCreateMenu("Menu")
GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("Exit",$Menu)
GUICtrlSetOnEvent(-1, "_Exit")
$About = GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("About", -1)
GUICtrlSetOnEvent(-1, "_About")

GUISetState ()

While 1
    Sleep(100)
WEnd

Func _Exit()
    GUIDelete($GUI)
    Exit
EndFunc

Func _About()
     Msgbox(0, "About", "About box!")
EndFunc

But I thought you wanted to click on GUICtrlCreateMenu & not GUICtrlCreateMenuItem?

UDF List:

Did you try the script?

Its an element that works like GUICtrlCreateMenuItem but looks like GUICtrlCreateMenu!

I didn't at first I just skimmed read it & missed the -1 last time! It's a nice little "workaround" though I find both easy to understand :huh2: But I've added this to my Function folder for future reference.

Example for those that like GUIGetMsg():

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Au3Check_Parameters=-d -w 1 -w 2 -w 3 -w 4 -w 5 -w 6 -w 7
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>

_Main()

Func _Main()
    Local $iAbout, $iExit, $iMenu
    GUICreate("", 300, 200)
    $iMenu = GUICtrlCreateMenu("Menu")
    $iExit = GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("Exit", $iMenu)
    $iAbout = GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("About", -1)

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While 1
        Switch GUIGetMsg()
            Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, $iExit
                Exit

Case $iAbout
                MsgBox(0, "About", "About Box!")
        EndSwitch
    WEnd
EndFunc   ;==>_Main
Edited by guinness

UDF List:

Yep :huh2:

Thanks for all the help! ;)