Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CMJ

GUIRegisterMsg Determining Which control

3 posts in this topic

How do I determine which control is sending the message in GUIRegisterMsg($WM_NOTIFY, "_WM_NOTIFY")?

I have a GUI with two TreeViews and I need to act on a double click in one treeview but ignore all other double clicks. Even more specifically I need to act only if the double click is a child in Treeview1.

For Example if I have Tree1:

Parent1

Child1

Child2

Child3

Parent2

Child1

Child2

I want to act on a Double Click but only if it is on one of the Children.

Here is a _WM_Notify function that works...EXCEPT it it acts on every double click in the window.

Func _WM_NOTIFY($hWnd, $iMsg, $wParam, $lParam)

#forceref $hWnd, $iMsg, $wParam

Local $tStruct = DllStructCreate("hwnd hWndFrom;int IDFrom;int Code;int Item", $lParam)
    If @error Then Return
    Switch DllStructGetData($tStruct, "Code")
        Case $NM_DBLCLK 
            ;some function
    EndSwitch

EndFunc

I have read everything I can about QUIRegisterMsg but I am just having a hard time getting my head around it.

Thanks in advance for any help.

cj

#2 ·  Posted (edited)

Have a look at the example _GUICtrlTreeView_Create() in the Help File, this will give you a working example of how to use WM_NOTIFY.

Edited by guinness

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 04/09/2015

Thanks guinness for the wuick reply.

Shortly after I posted this I saw this comment in the GUIRegisterMsg Wiki:

Local $iIDFrom = BitAND($wParam, 0xFFFF) ; LoWord - this gives the control which sent the message

I had read this several times and assumed that it meant that it gave the id of the treeview item. It seems as if it actually gives the handle of the selected control - Tree1 in my case - which is exactly what I want.

Here is the function and it seems to work properly.

Func _WM_NOTIFY($hWnd, $iMsg, $wParam, $lParam)

#forceref $hWnd, $iMsg, $wParam

Local $tStruct = DllStructCreate("hwnd hWndFrom;int IDFrom;int Code;int Item", $lParam)
    Local $iIDFrom = BitAND($wParam, 0xFFFF)
    If @error Then Return
    If $iIDFrom = $Tree1 and _GUICtrlTreeView_Level($Tree1, _GUICtrlTreeView_GetSelection($Tree1)) > 0 Then
        Switch DllStructGetData($tStruct, "Code")
            Case $NM_DBLCLK
                someFunction()
        EndSwitch
    EndIf

EndFunc

Thanks again

cj