Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
E1M1

How does 2 processes communicate?

15 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

How to make 2 processes communicate with each other?

For example if Scite is already open and I double click on *.au3 file on my desktop, then instead of opening it in new window it opens it in existing window. I would like to know how this communication works. I can do all packets stuff but doing it with TCP/UDP might make firewall alarm. but with scite it doesn't alarm so there must be otherway than TCP/UDP to tell Scite to load tile on new tab.

Does anyone know how it's being done? I want to try using same method on my app. That's why I am interested in it.

Edited by E1M1

edited

Hi,

Alternatives include WM_COPYDATA, DDEML, Mailslot,(Named) Pipes, Databases, Ini, Textfiles, ...

*GERMAN* [note: you are not allowed to remove author / modified info from my UDFs]My UDFs:[_SetImageBinaryToCtrl] [_TaskDialog] [AutoItObject] [Animated GIF (GDI+)] [ClipPut for Image] [FreeImage] [GDI32 UDFs] [GDIPlus Progressbar] [Hotkey-Selector] [Multiline Inputbox] [MySQL without ODBC] [RichEdit UDFs] [SpeechAPI Example] [WinHTTP]UDFs included in AutoIt: FTP_Ex (as FTPEx), _WinAPI_SetLayeredWindowAttributes

I have a good Example which I modified of WM_COPYDATA >>

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 04/09/2015

WM_COPYDATA looks interesting. Thanks you. I'll reply if I run into trouble wit it.

edited

And for educational purposes have a look at this UDF by MrCreatoR >>

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

is that string encrypt necessary in your previous link.

Objects is something I cant understand.

AutoIt.Error Autoit is object? What other fields than Error can it hold or does it have?

and where does __Container_COMErrHandler come from? Does it somehow make that func publicly accessible ?

And what does Shell.Application do?

new:{C08AFD90-F2A1-11D1-8455-00A0C91F3880} What's this? it generates new object with that name? at first there was . used in obj but now there is : Where this difference comes from?

and where does those blue fields get defined in these functions? For example I cant see where is GetProperty defined so I guess it's some built in field, but where I could read more about it?

edited

The WM_COPYDATA doesn't really need them I only did it for proof of concept nothing else. And the second part to your question I don't think is geared towards my Example.

Other fields that AutoIt.Error has are as follows:

$oMyError.description

$oMyError.windescription

$oMyError.number

$oMyError.lastdllerror

$oMyError.scriptline

$oMyError.source

$oMyError.helpfile

$oMyError.helpcontext

There may be more.

Should WM_COPYDATA react when I drop file on window?

edited

If you drop the file on the actual EXE icon then yes it will send the file to the Active program, because using KaFu's _SingletonEx() (modified by guinness) allows on 1 executable, so this is why WM_COPYDATA is useful in this instance. Try it! Compile the same Script and then run the EXE, from there drop a file on the EXE itself and the command-line will be sent to the initial EXE.

just tried it. Doesn't react when I drop exe on GUI. There's probably some other message that gets sent then. When I googled about it. I wound 1 long C# program but since I am not good at C# I didn't touch it.

edited

Weird because it should show _ArrayDisplay of the files dropped. I just tried it!

Are you sure you dropped them on GUI and not icon? it works if I drop them on icon.

Other fields that AutoIt.Error has are as follows:

$oMyError.description

$oMyError.windescription

$oMyError.number

$oMyError.lastdllerror

$oMyError.scriptline

$oMyError.source

$oMyError.helpfile

$oMyError.helpcontext

There may be more.

Are those accessible for every random process of only to autoit itself?

and what is $oMyError.source? whole source of script? Or does it allow changing script's source when it's running?

edited

#14 ·  Posted (edited)

Oh! I did say drop it on the icon. If you want to enable the ability to drop files on the GUI then the Help File has this, but I think you know how to do this :huh2:

Posted Image

Edited by guinness

Are those accessible for every random process of only to autoit itself?

and what is $oMyError.source? whole source of script? Or does it allow changing script's source when it's running?

Good questions. I have no idea. I highly doubt it.