Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
guinness

[SOLVED] GUI with a thick border.

7 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

I'm trying to create a GUI like the Example below without the Re-Resizing border, this is the closest I have got and I tried to find the style of the Wireless GUI & Clock and they came back with 0x94800000 as the Style, but this is just a Popup Window with a Border. Thanks for the Help.

Posted Image

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>

_Main()

Func _Main()
    Local $hGUI
    $hGUI = GUICreate("", 500, 500, -1, -1, BitOR($WS_POPUPWINDOW, $WS_SIZEBOX))
    GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $hGUI)

While 1
        Switch GUIGetMsg()
            Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
                Exit

EndSwitch
    WEnd
EndFunc   ;==>_Main
Edited by guinness

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 04/09/2015

Found it by accident. I wanted to move the GUI with the cursor (but not re-size) so I registered the message WM_NCHITTEST and it worked :)

_Main()

Func _Main()
    Local $hGUI
    $hGUI = GUICreate("", 500, 500, -1, -1, BitOR($WS_POPUPWINDOW, $WS_SIZEBOX))

GUIRegisterMsg($WM_NCHITTEST, "WM_NCHITTEST")
    GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $hGUI)

While 1
        Switch GUIGetMsg()
            Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
                Exit

EndSwitch
    WEnd
EndFunc   ;==>_Main

Func WM_NCHITTEST($hWnd, $iMsg, $iwParam, $ilParam)
    #forceref $hWnd, $iMsg, $iwParam, $ilParam
    Return -1
EndFunc   ;==>WM_NCHITTEST

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

This is what I found coded by Mat:

;Code by Mat
#include <WinAPI.au3>

$hGUI = GUICreate("", 250, 100, -1, -1, BitOR($WS_THICKFRAME, $WS_POPUP))

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
GUIRegisterMsg($WM_NCHITTEST, "WM_NCHITTEST")

While 1
    $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $nMsg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit
    EndSwitch
WEnd

Func WM_NCHITTEST($hWnd, $iMsg, $wParam, $lParam)
    #forceref $hWnd, $iMsg, $wParam, $lParam

Local $iDef = _WinAPI_DefWindowProc($hWnd, $iMsg, $wParam, $lParam)

Switch $iDef
        Case $HTBOTTOM, $HTBOTTOMLEFT, $HTBOTTOMRIGHT, $HTLEFT, $HTRIGHT, $HTTOP, $HTTOPLEFT, $HTTOPRIGHT
            Return $HTCAPTION
    EndSwitch

Return $iDef
EndFunc   ;==>WM_NCHITTEST

Br,

UEZ

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Selection of finest graphical examples at Codepen.io

The own fart smells best!
Her 'sikim hıyar' diyene bir avuç tuz alıp koşma!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#4 ·  Posted (edited)

Thanks all, see my 2nd post :)

@Chimaira - your Example is similar to but Thanks for Helping.

Edit: Chimaira, did post something but deleted it afterwards ;)

@UEZ - Thats the solution I came up with but didn't know Mat had found it, I just came across it by mistake.

Edited by guinness

#5 ·  Posted (edited)

The difference between mine and yours is that mine allows you to drag the border to move. I'm not sure you should be returning -1 for everything either, but it seems to work if you don't want to do anything with the border.

Edited by Mat

No, I wanted to create a GUI similar to the Clock & Wireless Networks in Windows 7, otherwise I would have used $HTCAPTION. Thanks for responding though.

No, I wanted to create a GUI similar to the Clock & Wireless Networks in Windows 7, otherwise I would have used $HTCAPTION. Thanks for responding though.

I was just pointing out that the two are not the same. I don't know which one you want, but they are different.