Icon Overlay?

chipDE

Oh very nice. But how can I assign the result of _WinAPI_AddIconOverlay to a particular file? For example, I have the file test.txt and I want to assign the icon overlay to exactly this file.

Edited by chipDE

An example. I have a folder on the computer with different files. A file of this means house.jpg. Now I would like to add with my Autoitscript an icon overlay to house.jpg. But permanent and not only at runtime of the script.

Edited by chipDE

• 3 years later...

I know this is quite old now but I'd like to +1 this.

I'd like to be able to use Autoit to provide a permanent icon overlay of my choosing on folders and subfolders.

Anyone have an idea how this might be achieved?

TIA

My method is using AutoIT to wrap around Irfanview and use Irfanviews batch processing via cmd.

There are several autoit image on image scripts out there, but they are a bit more limited in flexibility. 

As far as +1'ing I think a 4 year old thread is gone enough that you can start yourself a new thread and state exactly what you need/want in the first post rather than bumping an older thread that really does not have any useful information in it. 

Edit: Actually proved my own point on accident my above responce was the answer to chipDE and what he was trying to do, sounds like you just want to change the windows shell icons for folders, else not sure what your goal is. 

Edited by ViciousXUSMC