Use of a Icon in GUICtrlListView in the second column

pluto41

Hi. I want to create simple GUI with two columns. In the first column i want to show some sort of software installation comments/steps.

Then when a installation step is completed i want to show this in the second column with use of a failure / succes icon.

In the code below you see i am able to get a icon in the first column, but i need the icon to be where the 'x' now is. (the second column).

Any ideas/tips/example how this can be done ?

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <GuiListView.au3>
Local $introWindow = GUICreate("Test", 390, 390)
Local $listView = GUICtrlCreateListView ( "Installation Step|Progress", 15, 15, 350, 150 )
_GUICtrlListView_SetColumnWidth($listView, 0, 250)
_GUICtrlListView_SetColumnWidth($listView, 1, 50)
$itemContent = "First Software installation step" & "|" & "x"
$item = GUICtrlCreateListViewItem ( $itemContent, $listView )
GUICtrlSetImage($item, "shell32.dll", 4)
GUICtrlCreateListViewItem("Second Software installation step", $listView)
GUICtrlCreateListViewItem("Third Software installation step", $listView)
GUICtrlCreateListViewItem("Fourth Software installation step", $listView)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
While 1
Local $GuiLCMMessage = GUIGetMsg()
Select
Case $GuiLCMMessage = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
  GUISetState (@SW_HIDE)
  ExitLoop
EndSelect
WEnd

• Moderators

pluto41,

As far as I know you can only get icons, checkboxes and the like in the first column. ;)

The best I could ever get was this: :D

#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#Include <GuiListView.au3>

Opt('MustDeclareVars', 1)

Example()

Func Example()

GUICreate("Reversed Listview", 220, 250)

Local $hListView = GUICtrlCreateListView("col1      |col2|col3", 10, 10, 200, 150, -1, $WS_EX_LAYOUTRTL) ; Reverse the ListView
    _GUICtrlListView_SetExtendedListViewStyle(GUICtrlGetHandle($hListView), $LVS_EX_CHECKBOXES)

GUICtrlCreateListViewItem("item2|col22|col23", $hListView)
    GUICtrlCreateListViewItem("item1|col12|col13", $hListView)
    GUICtrlCreateListViewItem("item3|col32|col33", $hListView)

GUISetState()

While 1
        If GUIGetMsg() = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Then Exit
    WEnd

EndFunc   ;==>Example

Any use? :)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

For using icons in LV subitems there's more than one example in the UDF help-file :)...

#include <GuiConstantsEx.au3>
#include <GuiImageList.au3>
GUICreate("ListView Set Item Image", 400, 300)
Local $exStyles = BitOR($LVS_EX_GRIDLINES, $LVS_EX_FULLROWSELECT, $LVS_EX_SUBITEMIMAGES)
$hListView = GUICtrlCreateListView("", 2, 2, 394, 268, BitOR($LVS_SHOWSELALWAYS, $LVS_NOSORTHEADER, $LVS_REPORT))
_GUICtrlListView_SetExtendedListViewStyle($hListView, $exStyles)
GUISetState()
; Load images
$hImage = _GUIImageList_Create(16, 16, 5, 3)
_GUIImageList_AddIcon($hImage, @SystemDir & "shell32.dll", 110)
_GUIImageList_AddIcon($hImage, @SystemDir & "shell32.dll", 131)
_GUIImageList_Add($hImage, _GUICtrlListView_CreateSolidBitMap($hListView, 0xFF0000, 16, 16))
_GUIImageList_Add($hImage, _GUICtrlListView_CreateSolidBitMap($hListView, 0x00FF00, 16, 16))
_GUICtrlListView_SetImageList($hListView, $hImage, 1)
; Add columns
_GUICtrlListView_AddColumn($hListView, "Column 1", 100)
_GUICtrlListView_AddColumn($hListView, "Column 2", 100)
; Add items
_GUICtrlListView_AddItem($hListView, "Row 1: Col 1")
_GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($hListView, 0, "Row 1: Col 2",1)
_GUICtrlListView_AddItem($hListView, "Row 2: Col 1")
_GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($hListView, 1, "Row 2: Col 2",1)
_GUICtrlListView_SetItemImage($hListView, 0, 0, 0)
_GUICtrlListView_SetItemImage($hListView, 0, 2, 1)
_GUICtrlListView_SetItemImage($hListView, 1, 1, 0)
_GUICtrlListView_SetItemImage($hListView, 1, 3, 1)
; Loop until user exits
Do
Until GUIGetMsg() = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
GUIDelete()

Melba32 / Kafu thanks both very much for the quick reply.

I was just about to post here that the first post solution would be suitable for me.

Then came Kafu with his post and i almost fell of the chair :-) Very good job. I have searched for hours today for such a solution on the Internet

and in the past i have done much more searching for the same. I really learned something today.

Both very thanks for your postings.

[sOLVED]

• Moderators

Kafu,

And for checkboxes? :)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Spoiler

ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes

• Moderators

Kafu,

the OP only asked for icons

I know - I was asking for me! :)

M23

Spoiler

I know - I was asking for me!

Now I fell off my chair :) You're the ListView wiz kid Melba!

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

• Moderators

guinness,

But I have never managed to do this - never too late to learn! :)

M23

Spoiler

Of course not :) I don't think I've ever tried incorporating checkboxes and images together. I'll get back to you if or when I find a solution.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Taking a look at the LVITEM structure the "state" member gave me something to think about.

How about creating a custom state Imagelist with checkboxes (like I do in SMF for treeview, in the source you'll find the images in .ico format) and assign the list with _GUICtrlListView_SetImageList($hWnd, $hHandle, 2) to the LV. Additionally one should write a custom wm_notifiy handler catching the clicks and changing the states...

In theory that should not be too hard... compared to other methods which come to my mind using _GUICtrlListView_GetItemRect() & _GUICtrlListView_GetSubItemRect() :)...

Nope, state imagelist didn't work. States also can only be applied to the item as a whole and not the subitems.

But using a normal imagelist and faking checkboxes seems to work :)...

Sadly $LVS_EX_FULLROWSELECT needs to be set. Or does anyone know a style-combo which allows subitem selection?

It's certainly a different approach and I like the checkboxes too.

UDF List:

• Moderators

Kafu,

anyone know a style-combo which allows subitem selection?

I have been looking for that for some time. These 2 examples from previous threads on this where I tried to help out are the best I have managed: ;)

- 1. Highlighting the selected column - easy but not very good:

#include <GUIListView.au3>

Global $iColumn = -1 

$Form1 = GUICreate("Form1", 443, 177, 192, 124)

$ListView1 = GUICtrlCreateListView("Col1|Col2", 16, 16, 409, 145, BitOR($LVS_ICON, $LVS_NOSORTHEADER, $LVS_SINGLESEL), $WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE)
GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, 0xCCCCCC)
_GUICtrlListView_SetExtendedListViewStyle($ListView1, BitOR($LVS_EX_FULLROWSELECT, $LVS_EX_GRIDLINES))

GUICtrlSendMsg(-1, $LVM_SETCOLUMNWIDTH, 0, 200)
GUICtrlSendMsg(-1, $LVM_SETCOLUMNWIDTH, 1, 200)

For $i = 0 To 6
    GUICtrlCreateListViewItem("Col1_Lin" & $i + 1 & "|Col2_Lin" & $i + 1, $ListView1)
Next
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

GUIRegisterMsg($WM_NOTIFY, "_WM_NOTIFY") 

While 1
    $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $nMsg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit
    EndSwitch

If $iColumn <> -1 Then 
        _GUICtrlListView_SetSelectedColumn($ListView1, $iColumn)
        $iColumn = -1
    EndIf
WEnd

Func _WM_NOTIFY($hWnd, $iMsg, $wParam, $lParam)

#forceref $hWnd, $iMsg, $wParam

Local $tStruct = DllStructCreate("hwnd;uint_ptr;int_ptr;int;int", $lParam)
    If @error Then Return
    Switch DllStructGetData($tStruct, 3)
        Case $NM_CLICK
            $iColumn = DllStructGetData($tStruct, 5)
    EndSwitch

EndFunc   ;==>_WM_NOTIFY

- 2. Using an owner-drawn label to overwrite the subitem - better but not perfect:

#include <Constants.au3>

Global $iOffset_X = 10, $iOffset_Y = 1
Global $fClick = False, $hLabel

$GUI = GUICreate("Test", 500, 500)

$ListView = _GUICtrlListView_Create($GUI, "Col 0|Col 1", $iOffset_X, $iOffset_Y, 480, 480)

For $i = 0 To 4
    $iIndex = _GUICtrlListView_AddItem($ListView, "TEST" & $i)
    _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($ListView, $iIndex, "TEST1" & $i, 1)
Next

_GUICtrlListView_SetColumnWidth($ListView, 0, 240)
_GUICtrlListView_SetColumnWidth($ListView, 1, $LVSCW_AUTOSIZE_USEHEADER)

$GUIshow = GUISetState()

GUIRegisterMsg($WM_NOTIFY, "_WM_NOTIFY")                       ; For click on ListView

While 1

Switch GUIGetMsg()
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit
    EndSwitch

; If a ListView was clicked
    If $fClick Then
        $aHit = _GUICtrlListView_SubItemHitTest($ListView)
        If $aHit[0] <> -1 Then
            _HighLight()
        EndIf
        $fClick = False
    EndIf

WEnd

Func _HighLight()

; Prevent resizing of columns
    ControlDisable($GUI, "", HWnd(_GUICtrlListView_GetHeader($ListView)))
    ; Get current text
    $sItemOrgText = _GUICtrlListView_GetItemText($ListView, $aHit[0], $aHit[1])
    ; Get size of Label
    Local $aRect = _GUICtrlListView_GetSubItemRect($ListView, $aHit[0], $aHit[1])
    ; Delete any existing Label
    GUICtrlDelete($hLabel)
    ; Cretae a new label
    $hLabel = GUICtrlCreateLabel($sItemOrgText, $aRect[0] + $iOffset_X + 5, $aRect[1] + $iOffset_Y, _GUICtrlListView_GetColumnWidth($ListView, $aHit[1]) - 7, $aRect[3] - $aRect[1], Default, $WS_EX_TOPMOST)
    GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, 0xFF0000)
    GUICtrlSetColor(-1, 0xFFFFFF)

EndFunc

Func _WM_NOTIFY($hWnd, $iMsg, $wParam, $lParam)

#forceref $hWnd, $iMsg, $wParam

Local $tNMHDR = DllStructCreate($tagNMHDR, $lParam)
    Local $hWndFrom = HWnd(DllStructGetData($tNMHDR, "hWndFrom"))
    Local $iCode = DllStructGetData($tNMHDR, "Code")
    ; Check if a ListView has sent the message
    If $hWndFrom = $ListView Then
        Switch $iCode
            Case $NM_CLICK
                ; Set flag
                $fClick = True
        EndSwitch
    EndIf

Return $GUI_RUNDEFMSG

EndFunc

If you ever find a good way to do a lot of people will be very happy - including me. :)

M23

Spoiler

How about this example, based on and using UEZs excellent to include the icons :)?

_LV_Checkboxes.zip

_LV_Checkboxes.zip

Edit: Removed subitem highlighting again. Default highlighting for listviews is per row / item and implementing it per subitem is more complex than I thought. Also key movements would have been taken into account, a mechanism simulating a per subitem highlighting and tracking would have to be implemented, thus I thought removing the highlighting altogether is much more easy ;)... but I've added three functions to check, uncheck and query the states of all subitems.

Edit2: Added a new version for 3.3.8.0.

Edited by KaFu