ISN AutoIt Studio [old thread]

ISI360

Hello there,

first of all, what an awesome IDE, great work sir, it`s really good to see something like this. But i found a few little problems, hope you`ll have time to look at them:

1. if i`ll put comma behind parameter in a function, the tooltip will not appear (this happens only if i`m editing parameters of an already written function, if i write function down, the tooltip will appear)

2.  also today i found out that that tooltip will appear if i`ll put comma behind comment above, but this is the only time this happened (see attachment)

3. some hotkeys don`t detect all the time, for example, ctrl+t for tidy work all the time, but F1 for help file or F5 to test project don`t work most of the time, if i want them to do something, i have to keep mashing to button and they will eventually do it

and bit of a request, if you could make Jump to Function work for the whole project and not only for currently opened window, that would be great.

Thank you

wutwut.PNG

Hi ISI

I have a problem when using Dark Theme

RZq0Pl8.png

When Browsing for files ect. I can't see the folder txt, it's all white on white :(

Is there som way I can fix that?

Also I tried to use some styles I found on the web - but non of them could be loaded :(

Cheers
/Rex

@Bester:
Thx, i try to fix it.

@Rex:
Hmm yeah i think it´s "defined" in the skin. And i have no idea to edit an .msstyle to fix this :(

PS: The ISN uses the USkin UDF. And this udf can only load msstyle in the XP (Windows XP) format. Newer files (Vista+) are not supported.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi ISI

It seems that the new time logging is a bit buggy :(

I have worked on a script for apr 4 hours, but the log says 6 min :o

I also have some log entry's that says I only worked for 3 sec.

A59rY7T.png

Cheers
/Rex

Edited by Rex

Awesome tool ... thanks for sharing!!!

I have an issue when trying to load a form of a project.

When double-clicking a form, I often get the error message in english first and the one in german about 10 seconds after the first one.

The strange  thing is that it doesn't always happen; but I can't figure out when it actually does.

Any help will be much appreciated! Thanks...

Cheers

pp

@Rex:
OK i will check. EDIT: I think i found the bug. Will fix it in the next update. (The total time in the project properties should be fine)
Just for Info: Notice the new "Projecttimer status"-Icon in the lower right corner of the ISN. The Timer will automatically pause if the ISN is not active or no input is detectet for 1 minute.

@petit-pere:
Hmm... this message appears when the plugin (formstudio) don´t answer in a specific time. So the ISN "thinks" there is something wrong and will kill it.
Maybe a Antivirus Tool Sandboxes/delays the Formstudio.exe?! Please try to disable it temporary.

Edited by ISI360

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like the ISN does not have write permissions to Data\Plugins\formstudio2\plugin.ini.
It´s not recomended to install the ISN under Program Files. If you do so..you have to run the ISN as Administrator...or set the Write permissions for the ISN Folder for your user.

I have another issue. This is regarding the tooltips that pop up as you are coding to show you what a function is expecting for input.

How to reproduce:

1. Type "inputbox(". Notice how the tooltip pops up letting you know what inputs to expect. (Window Title, text, default answer, etc.)

2. Move to another line and modify anything.

3. Return back to your inputbox and fill in the first variable and then press comma ( , ) to enter the next input. In SciTE, the tooltip will pop back up, but you program does not do this.

How to workaround:

Simply remove the left parentheses  ( ( ) from the function who's tooltip is not showing using backspace or delete key, then add the left parentheses back to the command. The tooltip will now pop back up.

As I often jump around in my code to check how my program functions, I sometimes notice mistakes in programming and need to fix it. When I go back to what I working on, I have to remove and readd the parentheses back just to see what input it was expecting. This isn't a massive problem as A> a workaround was mentioned above and B> I always use the Help File by highlighting the function I want help on and then pressing F1. I have also noticed that if I leave the help window open and I press F1 on another function to read it's help file, it doesn't work until I close the help window I previously left open.

Edited by BetaLeaf
If you need another video demo, just let me know. I'll be more than happy to help you make this software more awesome than it already is. Thanks!

6 hours ago, ISI360 said:

Looks like the ISN does not have write permissions to Data\Plugins\formstudio2\plugin.ini.
It´s not recomended to install the ISN under Program Files. If you do so..you have to run the ISN as Administrator...or set the Write permissions for the ISN Folder for your user.

Have you considered making ISN a Portable App? This would fix permissions issues mentioned above as well as allow us to create programs from our flash drives or cloud drives (such as dropbox, google drive, or mega) without having to install AutoIt or ISN to the operating system. I have an app in my signature to help get you started or if you would allow me, I would love to make a portable version on your behalf. Let me know what I can do for you.

Edited by BetaLeaf
Sorry about Double Posting. I made my initial message reporting a bug then read some comments to see if I could help anyone in the thread with any issues the might have had.

About the tooltip error: Yeah i allready fixed this bug in my dev version. So it will be fixed with the next update. (Not released yet...)

And about portable: Yes you can make the whole ISN portable. Simple choose "portable" in the first startup assistent. (To reset the ISN mode use settings -> general -> advanced -> first startup assistent)
So all files (projects, configs...) will be stored in the ISN AutoIt Studio folder. You can also make the AutoIt installation itselfe portable. Just make a folder named "AutoIt" in the ISN AutoIt Studio folder and copy your AutoIt installation in it. The ISN does the rest. ;)

Edited by ISI360

14 hours ago, ISI360 said:

Okay, thank you very much for your answer! ^_^

Found another issue.

On the right side of the program, on the script tree, the "Properties" button is misspelled. It says "Scripttree proberties" instead of "Scripttree properties". Additionally, shouldn't there be a space between "Script" and "Tree"?  I also notice this in the Projecttree in the View Menu

The next update includes a new style for the control editor in the formstudio! How do you find it??
The upper area (pos, size and handle) is fixed and visible on all tabpages.
PS: I see under Handle are two $ symbols. Ignore that xD

control.jpg.100c9de17b2a7e1c75c35c5f1b14

Edited by ISI360

• Jos locked this topic