ISN AutoIt Studio [old thread]

ISI360

@ISI360 , It's a feature request. 

#Feature no.1

When we changing controls in form studio, is it possible to change the code automatically in the code window ?. I mean you have full control over scintilla edit control. So you can easily update the code in editor control. This is the scenario i am imaging.

1. When you opening an existing project, editor control has some autoit code. The appropriate gui is opening in form studio. 

2. When user selects a button in the gui in form studio, ISN studio automatically search and find the code for that specific button in editor control and read the existing code. 

3. After the user make some changes to that button (resizing or something like that)  ISN studio replaces the new code with old code. 

#Feature no. 2

When you creating a new project in ISN Studio, he/she starts creating their gui in form studio. Then ISN Studio automatically add code to editor control. And when adding code to editor control, please follow this standard for readability;

$hMainGUI = GUICreate($sMainGuiTitle, $iW, $iH, -1, -1, BitOR($GUI_SS_DEFAULT_GUI, $WS_MAXIMIZEBOX, $WS_TABSTOP))

;=================================================================

GUICtrlCreateLabel($sHeader, 48, 8, $iW - 56, 32, $SS_CENTERIMAGE)
GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 14, 800, 0, "Arial", 5)
GUICtrlSetResizing(-1, $GUI_DOCKLEFT + $GUI_DOCKTOP + $GUI_DOCKWIDTH + $GUI_DOCKHEIGHT)

;===================================================================

$hFooter = GUICtrlCreateLabel($sFooter, 10, $iH - 34, $iW - 20, 17, BitOR($SS_LEFT, $SS_CENTERIMAGE))

;=====================================================================

GUICtrlSetTip(-1, "AutoIt Forum", "Click to open...")
GUICtrlSetCursor(-1, 0)
GUICtrlSetResizing(-1, $GUI_DOCKLEFT + $GUI_DOCKRIGHT + $GUI_DOCKBOTTOM + $GUI_DOCKHEIGHT)

;====================================================================

This separation helps programmar to identify things easier.

Edited by kcvinu
Spoiler

My Contributions

Glance GUI Library - A gui library based on Windows api functions. Written in Nim programming language.

UDF Link Viewer   --- A tool to visit the links of some most important UDFs 

Includer_2  ----- A tool to type the #include statement automatically 

Digits To Date  ----- date from 3 integer values

PrintList ----- prints arrays into console for testing.

Alert  ------ An alternative for MsgBox 

MousePosition ------- A simple tooltip display of mouse position

GRM Helper -------- A littile tool to help writing code with GUIRegisterMsg function

Access_UDF  -------- An UDF for working with access database files. (.*accdb only)

HI kcvinu!

Yeah that are good ideas...but i have to say that this will not happen. As i started with the ISN there was this clean seperation of the ISN itselfe and the form studio. (Yeah if i began from start...i would make it different..)
To implement these feautes this would be so many work...i think it would be better to totally rewrite the ISN (or/and the formstudio).

I will not say it will never happen, but do not get too much hope. :(

@ISI360

Thanks for the reply. I am practising with scintillaNet (A dot net wrapper for scintilla component) to make an IDE with the above said features. But the problem is, i don't know any more about this IDE stuf. I don't know even how to run the code with autoit exe. Any how, i  am practising. 

Edited by kcvinu
Spoiler

My Contributions

Glance GUI Library - A gui library based on Windows api functions. Written in Nim programming language.

GRM Helper -------- A littile tool to help writing code with GUIRegisterMsg function

Access_UDF  -------- An UDF for working with access database files. (.*accdb only)

@kcvinu

Run a script using the interpreter

AutoIt3.exe [/ErrorStdOut] [/AutoIt3ExecuteScript] filename [params ...]                 Execute the AutoIt3 script 'filename' with optional parameters

Source: https://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/intro/running.htm#CommandLine

Good luck :)

EasyCodeIt - A cross-platform AutoIt implementation - Fund the development! (GitHub will double your donations for a limited time)

DcodingTheWeb Forum - Follow for updates and Join for discussion

Thanks @TheDcoder . 

Spoiler

My Contributions

No problem @kcvinu, Feel free to PM or Chat with me if you encounter any problems regarding automating things :). I have put a fair amount of effort on researching them when I was working on one of my early UDFs :D.

EasyCodeIt - A cross-platform AutoIt implementation - Fund the development! (GitHub will double your donations for a limited time)

Hi @TheDcoder 

I tried what you said. But i got this error. please see this image (000241.jpg).

And this my code in vb.net - See image 000240.jpg

What to do ?

000241.jpg

000240.jpg

Spoiler

My Contributions

@kcvinu The path which you supplied to autoit3.exe is invalid and does not exists

I see that you are doing AutoitCmd & Filename. Try doing this instead: 

AutoitCmd & ' "' & Filename & '"'

I don't do VB.Net but its understandable so far :P

P.S I recommend you to open another thread instead of using ISN AutoIt Studio's thread :)

@TheDcoder ,

Success.... :) Thank you.. thanks a lot.

And in vb.net, single quotes doesn't work. you need to put like this

AutoitCmd & """" & Filename

Spoiler

My Contributions

@TheDcoder & @ISI360 ,

How can i add a console output to my IDE program ?. Where i can get some tutorials or example code about it. 

Spoiler

My Contributions

Thanks @TheDcoder , Let me read it. :)

Spoiler

My Contributions

On 25/4/2016 at 7:38 PM, ISI360 said:

Ah ok..this changelog :P

Ok i will fix it. I think it happened during my "ISN GUI Refresh" in Version 1.01. (I remade all GUIs in the ISN in clean .isf files for easy maintance. Looks like i forgott here little bit.)

And thx for your if example. I try to fix it.
Edit: Hmm..your example works fine for me. (tried it in an empy script.) Maybe you have another example.
Edit2: Please check your script with AutoIt3 Syntax Checker. Then try again.
Maybe there simply are some "indent" errors in your script. This could cause the endif error.

Hi ISI sry for the late reply, I have missed it :$

I always use the Syntax checker, but i still have the problem in some scripts - but now i know that I need to look out for it

On 17/5/2016 at 9:11 AM, ISI360 said:

@Rex:
OK i will check. EDIT: I think i found the bug. Will fix it in the next update. (The total time in the project properties should be fine)
Just for Info: Notice the new "Projecttimer status"-Icon in the lower right corner of the ISN. The Timer will automatically pause if the ISN is not active or no input is detectet for 1 minute.

Just finished a project today, been working on it for at least 5 hours with testing and so - is only about 500 lines long, but according to the script log I have written them in 48 sec :o (think I need to add some water cooling to my keyboard, when typing so fast :P)

Just to update you on the bug, and to tell that the overall time doesn't count correct either :(

Have one suggestion, when creating a new project and add a project log - could you put a checkbox to always use author for this project?

Cheers
/Rex

Yeah...lot of it is fixed in the next update! I will release it soon.. (Hope in the next week!)

About the author of the project log: This is allready possible. Just go in your project settings -> Changelog. There it is! ;)

Hi ISI, yes I know I can set it there, and that what i do now - That's why it was a suggestion :) I know when I start a project that I will be the only Author for it, so it was only to not should go to the setting and tick it :)

Uhh looking forth to the update :*

Cheers
/Rex

On 6/3/2016 at 2:16 PM, ISI360 said:

Yeah...lot of it is fixed in the next update! I will release it soon.. (Hope in the next week!)

About the author of the project log: This is allready possible. Just go in your project settings -> Changelog. There it is! ;)

How do I change the default author name? 

Edited by BetaLeaf

4 minutes ago, ISI360 said:

In the project settings (Project -> Project settings) or directly in the project manager from the start page.

This only changes it on one project. I am looking to change the default Author name. 

At "C:\ISN AutoIt Studio\Templates\default\default.au3" is a line ";%filename% by %autor%". I want to change the value of "%autor%" so when I create new projects they use the new author name.

Edited by BetaLeaf
Should also be noted "autor" is misspelled and should be "author"

• Jos locked this topic