water

ExcelChart UDF - Help & Support

:)

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2020-07-21 - Version 1.5.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2020-06-27 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (NEW 2020-06-27 - Version 1.3.2.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
PowerPoint (2017-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki
Task Scheduler (2019-12-03 - Version 1.5.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki, WebDriver - Wiki

Is there a way to set the primary axis to be a Log scale (base 10). This is normally done in Excel by selecting the axis and choosing Format Axis -> Logarithmic Scale.

Problem solving step 1: Write a simple, self-contained, running, replicator of your problem.

The UDF does not support log scales.
But if you have a look at the ScaleType property (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-za/office/vba/api/excel.axis.scaletype) and the LogBase property (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-za/office/vba/api/excel.axis.logbase) you will see how this can be accomplished :) 

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2020-07-21 - Version 1.5.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2020-06-27 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Word - Wiki
Task Scheduler (2019-12-03 - Version 1.5.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Tutorials:

Thank you very much for that water: I'm finding both the excel and chart functions very useful.

For anyone else interested in this, the answer is:

$oChart.Axes($xlValue).ScaleType = -4133 ; (xlScaleLogarithmic)

Problem solving step 1: Write a simple, self-contained, running, replicator of your problem.

Glad you like the UDF ;)

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

Wow!

Speed and quality amazing. Three comments:

1. Please cross link Download and Support pages?
  2. I struggled a bit to get the first example going (I ran _XLChart_ChartPrint). Is there a recommended "First Example" to use?
  3. -snip- Duh, yes. It's amazing :)

This really is awesome. Thank you

Edited by Skysnake

Skysnake

Why is the snake in the sky?

Hi Skysnake,

1. When you click download you'll find a link on the download page to the "Forum URL" (the Support Page). Or do you want more?
  2. A good starting point is _XLChart_ChartCreate. But _XLChart_ChartPrint should work without problems. What made you struggle?

:) 

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

21 hours ago, water said:

What made you struggle

The ReadMe didn't have an entry that said "Click me" :)

I opened a random file and when I saw ...example... text I just ran that ... worked immediately.

There are the following pages

• General Help
  • Example Scripts
  • Download

My only issue is to easily navigate between these.

Skysnake

Why is the snake in the sky?

Modified the Readme.txt.
What do you think?

How to "install" the ExcelChart                                    2019-07-01
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

This step is mandatory
* Copy ExcelChart.au3 and ExcelChartConstants.au3 to one of the following directories
  - %ProgramFiles%\AutoIt3\Include
  - The directory for User Includes configured with ScITE Config
  - The directory where the source of your script resides

For SciTE integration (user calltips and syntax highlighting)
* Run the User CallTip Manager from SciTE Config tool, tab Other Tools.
  For details please check: http://www.autoitscript.com/wiki/Adding_UDFs_to_AutoIt_and_SciTE

Help files and examples
* Copy the directories help and css and any other *.au3 files to any directory you like. 
  You can't call the help and example scripts from the AutoIt help at the moment

Download, Help/Support and Example Scripts  
  * Download: https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/135312-excelchart-udf/
  * Help and Support: https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/137150-excelchart-udf-help-support/
  * Example Scripts: https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/137151-excelchart-udf-example-scripts/

Where to start?
_XLChart_ChartCreate.au3 uses some sample data to create different types of Charts 

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

hello everybody

I wanna set data to an excel chart that I maked before. I download this UDF but I couldn't work with that! :( I couldn't even install it properly!

I just wanna set data to my chart by address and autoit like this:

=[myExcel.xls]Sheet9!$D$1:$Y$2

what should I do? can anyone help me?

To "install" the ExcelChart UDF follow the steps as described in the post above.

What have you tried so far that didn't work? Please show your code.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

I've already made a chart in excel without any Autoit scripts, and now I wanna change my chart data and informations with AutoIT scripts... so I have some questions...

1- How do I load/Edit a chart from an excel file which made without  _XLChart_ChartCreate? is this possible?!

2- How to change data of a chart? (I just wanna set a data range address... for example: Sheet9!$D$1:$Y$2 )

my excel file name is "myExcel.xls" and my chart that I made before is in "Sheet1" and the name of my chart is "Chart1".

Edited by Reza10101

To open an existing Excel file use functions _Excel_Open and _Excel_BookOpen.

Global $oExcel = _Excel_Open()
Global $oWorkbook = _Excel_BookOpen($oExcel, "PathToWorkbook")

To access the specified chart use $oWorkbook.

$oChart = $oWorkbook.Charts.Item("Chart1")

To set the data use function _XLChart_ChartDataSet and pass $oChart.

Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

Thanks @water but my chart didn't load to $oChart variable and I got an error! I think it's about my excel version or my code or something else... anyway, I had to create another one with _XLChart_ChartCreate. your UDF is very useful :bye:

When you get an error please do the following:

• Post as much error information as possible. Means: Messages in the  SciTE output pane, messages displayed by a COM error handler etc.
  • Post the script you run (or at least a reproducer script)
  • Describe the environment you are using.
    In this case: Are wa talking about a chart embedded in a worksheet or a chart on a chartshee?
    If possibl post the workbook so we can play with it.

I'm sure it is possible to connect to an existing chart and modify the data used to create the chart.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials: