Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
OneManPen

URLtoIP

8 posts in this topic

Hey all, I'm working on a IP blocker, and I'm using the windows filewall to do this... and I want to make a way to add URL's but since windows firewall only allows IP's I need a way to convert the URL address into a IP Address. I tried searching the forum but it's kind of hard searching with the terms "URL" "TO" "IP". Thanks in advance.

The Windows ping command will do this.

- Bruce /*somdcomputerguy */  If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

Yeah... But how to make it invisible to the user... my current knowledge doesn't quite know how to do this yet...

#4 ·  Posted (edited)

try it:

Report if have error, because i can't test now!

Local $ip = UrlToIP('www.autoitscript.com')
MsgBox(0, '', $ip)
Func UrlToIP($sHost)
Local $read, $ip, $foo
$foo = Run("ping.exe " & $sHost, @SystemDir, @SW_HIDE, 3)
While True
  $read = StdoutRead($foo)
  If @error Then ExitLoop
  $ip = StringRegExp($read, "[(d{1,3}.d{1,3}.d{1,3}.d{1,3})]", 3)
  If IsArray($ip) Then Return $ip[0]
  Sleep(25)
WEnd
Return SetError(1, 0, "0.0.0.0")
EndFunc   ;==>UrlToIP
Edited by golfinhu

Maybe you want to look at TCPNameToIP() which will convert a name to an IP without the need to call ping. (Anyway for this it would have been better to call nslookup instead of ping...) :)

Regards,Hannes[spoiler]If you can't convince them, confuse them![/spoiler]

fixed it

Local $ip = UrlToIP('www.autoitscript.com')
MsgBox(0, '', $ip)
Func UrlToIP($sHost)
Local $read, $ip, $foo
$foo = Run("ping.exe " & $sHost, @SystemDir, @SW_HIDE, 3)
While True
$read = StdoutRead($foo)
If @error Then ExitLoop
$ip = StringRegExp($read, "ddd.ddd.ddd.ddd", 3);the pattern war wrong
If IsArray($ip) Then Return $ip[0]
Sleep(25)
WEnd
Return SetError(1, 0, "0.0.0.0")
EndFunc ;==>UrlToIP

should work properly

thx golfinhu for the idea

#8 ·  Posted (edited)

TCPStartup()
ConsoleWrite( TCPNameToIP("www.google.com") & @CRLF)
Exit

Less and easier code, isn't it?

Don't forget TCPShutdown. Edited by guinness

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 04/09/2015