Program help

theduck

I have been an Autoit user for a few years, however I have yet been able to master one program that I need Autoit most for.

The program I need Autoit for is an old database program called ServicePlus Professional. It is no longer supported, nor is there even a website for it anymore.

My problem is this program for its main menu has a SysTreeView32, and a once you click on the item you want, it opens a SysListView32 that you open the function you need to perform.

I would like an Autoit script to be able to open a "function" from within the SysListView32, without having to navigate to it first.

The entire program uses hundreds of dialog boxes for its functions. For example: "New Job Query" (found on the SysListView32 list), pulls up a dialog box that you can input a work order. I need Autoit to open this dialog box without clicking on the SysListView32 item.

All the dialogs and resources seem to be in one main dll file. Using Resource Hacker I can view each dialog the different functions open.

Does anyone have a good way of being able to execute/launch the dialogs within the dll I found with Resource Hacker.

Or is there a better way to find what i need using something like OllyDbg?

I have looked at DllCall and didn’t understand how to use it, or if it was what I need.

Is there a way to "sniff" what a program calls when clicking on a SysListView32 items, and then be able to reproduce it? I am assuming since the dialogs are in a dll file, its calling the dll file and running a certain function.

**Please note that the SysTreeView32 and SysListView32 are not always the same for every user who logs into the database program. The Items within the SysListView32 always have the same name, however it may not always be the "Second" item in the SysTreeView32, and the "Fifth" item within the SysListView32.

Any help, or a starting point would be helpful.

Edited by theduck

It's in the Chat section which I believe you can't view because you have less than 5 posts, plus Google won't help as the section isn't/shouldn't be indexed by them.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

Thanks for the reply. However I get the error: [#103139] You do not have permission to view this forum. § :o/

Can you give me the name of the tool so I can google it?

This is the post they were referring you to...

WinAPIOverride32 is an advanced api monitoring software.

You can monitor and/or override any function of a process.

This can be done for API functions or executable internal functions.

It tries to fill the gap between classical API monitoring softwares and debuggers.

It can break targeted application before or after a function call, allowing memory or registers changes; and it can directly call functions of the targeted application.

(Windows XP or newer, currently only the 32 bits version of this software is available.)

http://jacquelin.potier.free.fr/winapioverride32/

This one definitely needs some testing :oops:...