Sign in to follow this  
Matz

Traymenu with "checking" uilizes 2%-4% CPU

Matz

I'm making a Traymenu in systray to initiate a certain function automatically based on changes in @ipaddress. The While loop uses about 2-4 cpu constantly.

Example:

While 1
    $msg = TrayGetMsg()
    Select
  Case $msg = 0
   If $ipstring <> @IPAddress1 & @IPAddress2 & @IPAddress3 & @IPAddress4 Then _CheckIPs()
            ContinueLoop
        Case $msg = $connect
            _Connect()
   TrayItemSetState($connect, $tray_unchecked)
  Case $msg = $disconnect
   _Disconnect()
   EndIf
  ;Case $msg = $exititem
         ;   ExitLoop
EndSelect

WEnd

$ipstring = @IPAddress1 & @IPAddress2 & @IPAddress3 & @IPAddress4 is set inside _CheckIPs().

I've tried different solutins, but it seems that everything I try will utilize 2-4% CPU. I've also tried _DateDiff() before the $ipstring check, but _NowCalc() also uses CPU.

Anyone got any ideas on how to solve this without utilizing the CPU?

guinness

I've noticed this in an application I created too, add a sleep (e.g. Sleep(20) )in there to see if it reduces the amount, though 2-4% isn't that much in all honesty.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

Matz

I've noticed this in an application I created too, add a sleep (e.g. Sleep(20) )in there to see if it reduces the amount, though 2-4% isn't that much in all honesty.

Thanks. A Sleep() did make the CPU utilization go down. Another option would be to run 2 processes. One traymenu to Connect and Disconnect, and another one to monitor the IPAddresses.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• omicron
      By omicron
      Hello!

I am working on a function that I am just getting lost on. The goal is a multiple nested loop.

Here are the steps:
      Contents of file1.txt::
      [topic] var1=Name var2=OtherName var3=SomeotheName Contents of file2.txt::
      [subTopic] top=sub1 top2=sub2 top3=sub3 The Shell I am working from::
      #include <file.au3> $file = "c:\yourfile.txt" FileOpen($file, 0) For $i = 1 to _FileCountLines($file) $line = FileReadLine($file, $i) msgbox(0,'','the line ' & $i & ' is ' & $line) Next FileClose($file) Understanding however that the "msgbox" needs to then become a variable. in example the following::
      $file = "c:\yourfile.txt" FileOpen($file, 0) While true( prog.exe is running && "WinName" is open) do For $i = 1 to _FileCountLines($file) $line = FileReadLine($file, $i) ;Open File to log "current location of file 1" FileWriteLine ("filename", $i & ' is ' & $line) var = $line Next $file2 = "c:\yourfile.txt" FileOpen($file, 0) For $i = 1 to _FileCountLines($file) $line = FileReadLine($file, $i) ; OpenFile to log "Current location of file 2" FileWriteLine ("filename", $i & ' is ' & $line) Next FileClose($file2) FileClose($file) The goal in written form is the following ::

While in "OpenWindow"
          read from file 1 starting at line 1 until end of file.
         file 1 is a list of names to be searched.
         With $line selected, add this element to the element in file 2.

The search of a variables in list 1 and list 2 differ on the amount of posts that day. (This is not a web based platform, it is a game) I need to search 2 names and take a screenshot of the out put. The sizes of the names list depend on the activity of names at the time of search.
      This loop continues until all the names from both lists have been searched. Mostly in the format of::
      File1= item
      File2= Vendor

Item + Vendor  ( Capture screen, scroll) -- Not sure how to detect if I need to scroll)

Thank you for your help and support!
    • Jackized
      By Jackized
      Is there a way to loop back to the beginning and keep the already entered data in the GUI Input boxes? I can GUIDelete and start a new GUI but all the typed data has to be redone. Here is a sample.

#Include <GuiConstants.au3> Dim $msg,$okbutton,$cancelbutton,$objOU,$intAccValue,$strGroup1,$strGroup2 Dim $strFirstName,$strLastName,$strUserName,$strUserName2,$strPassword,$strDescription,$strContainer Dim $Combo,$Duration Do $Form1 = GuiCreate("", 300, 300)          GUISetBkColor(0xA6CAF0)         GuiCtrlCreateLabel("First Name:", 50, 10)         $strFirstName = GuiCtrlCreateInput("", 50, 25, 200, 20)         GUICtrlSetState ( $okbutton, $GUI_FOCUS )         GuiSetState()     $okbutton = GUICtrlCreateButton ("OK",75,240,50,20)     $cancelbutton = GUICtrlCreateButton ("Cancel",175,240,50,20) While 1     $msg = GUIGetMsg()     Select     Case $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Or $msg = $cancelbutton             Exit     Case $msg = $okbutton             $strFirstName = GUICtrlRead($strFirstName)             ExitLoop     EndSelect Wend $len = StringLen($strFirstName)     If $len > "20" then         MsgBox(0, "ERROR Name to long", $strFirstName & " can't be over 20 characters." & @CRLF & "Total: " & $len)         ;Exit         GUIDelete($Form1)     EndIf Until $len < "20" MsgBox(0, "Done", "")  
    • mrtgtr
      By mrtgtr
      I want to do something , after wait 2 min and again do same thing
      But I do do not want with sleep, it must be timer 
      How I do this ?
    • Skeletor
      By Skeletor
      Hi Guys,
      Is it possible to get a variable on your For..Next loop? 

Local $Lines1 = _FileCountLines(C:\temp\test.txt) Local $linesToCount2 = $Lines1 + 2 $var = Number($linesToCount2) For $count = 1 To _FileCountLines($FileRead2) Step 1 For $i = $var To $count Next ;Code does stuff here Next Somehow my code doesn't work even though I thought I could convert the variable to a Integer / Number.
      This code I posted above does not move to the next value.
      But the code below does... why is that?
      For $count = 1 To _FileCountLines($FileRead2) Step 1 For $i = 2 To $count Next ;Code does stuff here Next  
      Why is the For loop resetting itself?
      Is it because the program does not cache the variable and needs to keep on acquiring this variable each time?
      If so , how would you make this variable static?

• BogdanNicolescu
      By BogdanNicolescu
      While 1 / / / A whole bunch of codes found in help and here: https://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/ / / / WEnd OR:

HotKeySet("{ESC}", "Terminate") While 1 MouseClick("Right",674,422) MouseClick("Left",673,447) Sleep(2000) / / / A whole bunch of codes found in help and here: https://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/ / / / MouseClick("Left",675,339) SLeep(3000) WEnd Func Terminate()     Exit 0 EndFunc  
      Sorry if i should't let this here to be found by newbies like me -.-'