Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Emiel Wieldraaijer

$WS_EX_LAYOUTRTL Bug or No Bug

9 posts in this topic

HI Everyone,

AutoIt version 3.3.8.1

Is it me .. or is it a bug

The code below creates a Right-to-Left GUI but is not displayed correct.

When the line $Menu = GUICtrlCreateMenu("help") is removed, the GUI is displayed correct

This problem did not exist with version 3.3.6.1

#Region ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****
#AutoIt3Wrapper_UseUpx=n
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_requestedExecutionLevel=asInvoker
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Add_Constants=n
#EndRegion ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****
; *** Start added by AutoIt3Wrapper ***

#include <UpDownConstants.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>

$Parent = GuiCreate ("Test", 400, 400, -1, -1, BitOR($WS_SIZEBOX, $WS_SYSMENU, $WS_MINIMIZEBOX, $WS_MAXIMIZEBOX), $WS_EX_LAYOUTRTL)
$Menu = GUICtrlCreateMenu("help")
$Tab = GUICtrlCreateTab(10, 10, 380, 380)
$Tab1 = GUICtrlCreateTabItem("Tab1")
$Restart = GuictrlCreateButton("Restart", 200,100,150,20)
$Tab2 = GUICtrlCreateTabItem("Tab2")
$Port = GUICtrlCreateInput("21", 200, 200, 150, 20)
$PortUPDown = GUICtrlCreateUpdown($Port, BitOR($UDS_NOTHOUSANDS, $UDS_WRAP))
$Tab3 = GUICtrlCreateTabItem("Tab3")
GUISetState()
While 1
$msg = GUIGetMsg()
If $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Then Exit
If $msg = $Restart Then
  Run('"' & @AutoItExe & '"' & ' /AutoIt3ExecuteScript "' & @ScriptFullPath & '" /restart')
  Exit
EndIf
WEnd

Best regards,Emiel Wieldraaijer

Make the menu the last control and it displays correctly.

Let the MVPs or a Dev weigh in on this as to the reasons for the change, it may not be a bug.

I see fascists...

Emiel Wieldraaijer,

It also works if you show the GUI before adding the tabs:

#include <UpDownConstants.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>

$Parent = GUICreate("Test", 400, 400, -1, -1, BitOR($WS_SIZEBOX, $WS_SYSMENU, $WS_MINIMIZEBOX, $WS_MAXIMIZEBOX), $WS_EX_LAYOUTRTL)
$Menu = GUICtrlCreateMenu("help")
GUISetState()

$Tab = GUICtrlCreateTab(10, 10, 380, 380)
$Tab1 = GUICtrlCreateTabItem("Tab1")
$Restart = GUICtrlCreateButton("Restart", 200, 100, 150, 20)
$Tab2 = GUICtrlCreateTabItem("Tab2")
$Port = GUICtrlCreateInput("21", 200, 200, 150, 20)
$PortUPDown = GUICtrlCreateUpdown($Port, BitOR($UDS_NOTHOUSANDS, $UDS_WRAP))
$Tab3 = GUICtrlCreateTabItem("Tab3")

While 1
    $msg = GUIGetMsg()
    If $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Then Exit
    If $msg = $Restart Then
        Run('"' & @AutoItExe & '"' & ' /AutoIt3ExecuteScript "' & @ScriptFullPath & '" /restart')
        Exit
    EndIf
WEnd

All I know is that tabs are complex beasts! I would suggest you do open a Trac ticket so that the Devs are aware of this. :oops:

M23

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind._______My UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

@Melba,

Thanks for the reply

Adding the menu items at the end of the GUI works partial. I already found that solution but it will procude another problem

The menu's aren't working

You second solution fixes the problem.

But i will report it as a bug because that way every help example must be changed.

There is a bigger problem i use GUICtrlSetState($TAB, $GUI_SHOW) a lot .. and with version 3.3.8.1 it often occurs other controls on other tabs are displayed on the Tab i show with GUICtrlSetState.

Thnx

Emiel

Emiel Wieldraaijer,

Can you post a reproducer of the tab control visibility problem you speak of? I too use tabs a fair amount and have not come across any differences with 3.3.8.1. :oops:

M23

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind._______My UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

every help example must be changed.

This doesn't sound good, more like extra work :oops:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 04/09/2015

#7 ·  Posted (edited)

@Melba23

I reported this as a bug http://www.autoitscript.com/trac/autoit/ticket/2167 and reverted back to version 3.3.6.1

Do you like my toolbar :oops: hahahaha

Edited by Emiel Wieldraaijer

@Melba23,

I will try to make an example with the Tab Problem, will need to install 3.3.8.1 again :oops: