Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Syed23

Help on StringRegExp()

21 posts in this topic

Hi All,

i have a string which contains (HP EliteBook 1234) i want to read that numeric values alone. if i am not wrong we can use stringregexp to read that number values. but i am failing to use the exact expression. can some one help me?

Note:

here i have given example string which have the numeric value in the end. but there were situations where the numeric values will come in the middle.

Thank you,Regards,[font="Garamond"][size="4"]K.Syed Ibrahim.[/size][/font]

Something like this:

$array = StringRegExp('HP EliteBook 1234', '[0-9]*', 1)

Gerard J. Pinzonegpinzone AT yahoo.com

Something like this:

$array = StringRegExp('HP EliteBook 1234', '[0-9]*', 1)

Thanks for your quick reply. i tried the above one but it does not return any value. just returns blank :oops:

StringRegExp returns an array of values (in case there is more than one match). If there's only one possible match, then you would need to check $array[0].

How about StringRegExpReplace?

ConsoleWrite(StringRegExpReplace('HP EliteBook 1234', '[^0-9]', '') & @CRLF)

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 04/09/2015

For some reason, using "*" doesn't return anything. I guess since it can match zero instances, it returns nothing. Use a + instead.

$array = StringRegExp("HP EliteBook 1234", "[0-9]+", 1)
MsgBox(0, "Answer", $array[0])

Local $aArray = StringRegExp("HP EliteBook 1234", "[0-9]+", 3)
If Not @error Then
    MsgBox(0, "Answer", $aArray[0])
EndIf

See above though as I did it differently.

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Both are working perfect and works i expected :oops: Thanks a lot guys!

i tested in couple of available models and some models returns the value like 'HP EliteBook 1234P" and some machine returns as "'HP compaq DC1234". in this case i also need to read the characters next to numbers or before. is that possible? how can we do that ?

How about using StringSplit with spaces as delimiters and then grabbing the last array element?

Whenever someone says "pls" because it's shorter than "please", I say "no" because it's shorter than "yes".

You could use

$Text = StringMid('HP EliteBook 1234P', StringInStr('HP EliteBook 1234P', " ", 0, -1) + 1) ; <<<< Returns everything after the last space character

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Ah, OK. I only took the information that was presented to me. Sorry.

#13 ·  Posted (edited)

Ah, OK. I only took the information that was presented to me. Sorry.

Don't be sorry; you did just what was asked. It's just that after you shot your arrow, they moved the target.

Edit: Woohoo! 100th post.

Edited by JohnQSmith

Whenever someone says "pls" because it's shorter than "please", I say "no" because it's shorter than "yes".

#14 ·  Posted (edited)

you people are helping me here so please do not say sorry. i am glad that lot of people here to help me out. Just now i completed the task. i changed the logic to get the details from database instead of using stringregexp().

Anyways Thanks a lot guys!!!!

Edited by Syed23

#15 ·  Posted (edited)

Actually, you could have still used a regex:

$array = StringRegExp("HP EliteBook 1234P", "[a-zA-Z]*[0-9]+[a-zA-Z]*", 1)
MsgBox(0, "Answer", $array[0])
Edited by GPinzone

#16 ·  Posted (edited)

Try this:

$string1 = "HP EliteBook 1234P"
$aRegEx = StringRegExp($string1, "d+w+", 3)
MsgBox(0, "Test", $string1 & " -> " & $aRegEx[0])

$string2 = "HP 1234P EliteBook"
$aRegEx = StringRegExp($string2, "d+w+", 3)
MsgBox(0, "Test", $string2 & " -> " & $aRegEx[0])

$string3 = "HP 1234P EliteBook"
$sRegEx = StringRegExpReplace($string3, "(.*)s(d+w+)(.*)",  "$2")
MsgBox(0, "Test", $string3 & " -> " & $sRegEx)

$string4 = "HP EliteBook 1234P"
$sRegEx = StringRegExpReplace($string4, "(.*)s(d+w+)(.*)",  "$2")
MsgBox(0, "Test", $string4 & " -> " & $sRegEx)

$string5 = "HP EliteBook 1234"
$sRegEx = StringRegExpReplace($string5, "(.*)s(d+w+)(.*)",  "$2")
MsgBox(0, "Test", $string5 & " -> " & $sRegEx)

Br,

UEZ

Edited by UEZ

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Selection of finest graphical examples at Codepen.io

The own fart smells best!
Her 'sikim hıyar' diyene bir avuç tuz alıp koşma!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Try this:

$string1 = "HP EliteBook 1234P"
$aRegEx = StringRegExp($string1, "d+w+", 3)
MsgBox(0, "Test", $string1 & " -> " & $aRegEx[0])

$string2 = "HP 1234P EliteBook"
$aRegEx = StringRegExp($string2, "d+w+", 3)
MsgBox(0, "Test", $string2 & " -> " & $aRegEx[0])

$string3 = "HP 1234P EliteBook"
$sRegEx = StringRegExpReplace($string3, "(.*)s(d+w+)(.*)",  "$2")
MsgBox(0, "Test", $string3 & " -> " & $sRegEx)

$string4 = "HP EliteBook 1234P"
$sRegEx = StringRegExpReplace($string4, "(.*)s(d+w+)(.*)",  "$2")
MsgBox(0, "Test", $string4 & " -> " & $sRegEx)

$string5 = "HP EliteBook 1234"
$sRegEx = StringRegExpReplace($string5, "(.*)s(d+w+)(.*)",  "$2")
MsgBox(0, "Test", $string5 & " -> " & $sRegEx)

Br,

UEZ

This is really awesome!!!

may i ask one this? what does the value 3 and $2 means ?

If you look at StringRegExp you'll notice that 3 means 'return an array of global matches' and the $2 or 2 is for StringRegExpReplace which means 'display the 2nd group' or in this example it's the 2nd (.*). Though I wouldn't call myself a SRE guru.

#19 ·  Posted (edited)

may i ?

Local $s=""
$str="HP EliteBook 1234"&@CRLF _
     &"HP EliteBook 1234P"&@CRLF _
  &"HP compaq DC1234"
$strarray=StringRegExp($str,"(w*d{4}w*)",3)
For $i=0 To UBound($strarray)-1
$s&=$strarray[$i]&@CRLF
Next
MsgBox(0,"",$s)
Edited by apoorman1986

#20 ·  Posted (edited)

may i ?

$strarray=StringRegExp($str,"(w*d{4}w*)",3)

Doesn't work for models such as Compaq CQ62z. Best bet would be grabbing the last alphanumeric character group of the string.

edit: removed pasted text formatting

Edited by JohnQSmith