howto Eval("@MacroName") when the Macro's "name" is stored in a string variable?

rudi

Hi.

I think I've seen this before, but can't find it, as I have no clue, what keywords to search for:

from a INI file I'd like to read a section, specifying e.g. this:

[MODI]
@CommonFilesDir=\Microsoft Shared\MODI\11.0\MSPVIEW.EXE
@CommonFilesDir=\Microsoft Shared\MODI\12.0\MSPVIEW.EXE

[OIS]
@ProgramFilesDir=\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\OIS.EXE
@ProgramFilesDir=\Microsoft Office\OFFICE12\OIS.EXE
@ProgramFilesDir=\Microsoft Office\OFFICE14\OIS.EXE

inireadsection() will return an array, where the first collumn will hold the macro's name as "string". Several Autoit Macros will return different values for WinXP, Win7-32 and Win7-64. How to "resolve" the macro's "name-in-a-string" to it's value?

Regards, Rudi.

<edit: typo>

<edit2: modified topic title>

Edited by rudi

Earth is flat, pigs can fly, and Nuclear Power is SAFE!

Hi.

Thanks for your reply.

Nope.

Dim $aMyArr[4][2] = [[3], _
        ["@ProgramFilesDir", "Microsoft OfficeOFFICE11OIS.EXE"], _
        ["@ProgramFilesDir", "Microsoft OfficeOFFICE12OIS.EXE"], _
        ["@ProgramFilesDir", "Microsoft OfficeOFFICE14OIS.EXE"]]

$ViewerFound = False

For $i = 1 To $aMyArr[0][0]
    ; I do not know, how to resolve the value of "@programfilesdir",
    ; if I only have this string stored in a variable, as here...
    $foo = $aMyArr[$i][0] & $aMyArr[$i][1] ; <<< this does not work.
    $foo = Eval($aMyArr[$i][0]) & $aMyArr[$i][1] ; <<< this does not work either.
    If FileExists($foo) Then $ViewerFound = $foo
Next

Regards, Rudi.

Edited by rudi

:D Pefect! :)

Thanks to the ;)

Suggestion @Developers:

Perhaps you might want to update the Autoit Help System, to reference this feature Opt("ExpandVarString",1)

--> "Macro Reference"

--> "Language Reference -> Variables"

--> "Language Reference -> Macros"

A question upon the functionality: What is going on backstage by using this "Double-@" syntax?

"@Programfilesdir@" within a string, used normally just @programfilesdir...

Regards, Rudi.

:D Pefect! :)

Thanks to the ;)

Suggestion @Developers:

Perhaps you might want to update the Autoit Help System, to reference this feature Opt("ExpandVarString",1)

--> "Macro Reference"

--> "Language Reference -> Variables"

--> "Language Reference -> Macros"

A question upon the functionality: What is going on backstage by using this "Double-@" syntax?

"@Programfilesdir@" within a string, used normally just @programfilesdir...

Regards, Rudi.

Why? The Opt function should be used sparingly. Why not use this instead?

Local  $aArray[4][2] = [[3], _
        [@ProgramFilesDir, 'Microsoft OfficeOFFICE11OIS.EXE'], _
        [@ProgramFilesDir, 'Microsoft OfficeOFFICE12OIS.EXE'], _
        [@ProgramFilesDir, 'Microsoft OfficeOFFICE14OIS.EXE']] ; Use Global or Local, not Dim.
Local $sString = ''

For $i = 1 To $aArray[0][0]
    $sString &= $aArray[$i][0] & $aArray[$i][1] & @CRLF
Next
MsgBox(4096, '', $sString)
If there is a problem with macros reporting different values then provide a small reproducer, say what it should show and report it, but ask here before you submit it to Trac. Edited by guinness

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

Hi Guinnes.

Why to update the documentation? Simply because an accurate and complete documentation is 90% of a software's value, imho....

I think it should be up to every coder, what features he/she want's to make use of, don't you think so? ;)

So that the Viewer Programs can be handled by editing an INI file (instead of recompiling the script), I need to read the @macro from that ini. If I don't want to use the @macro, then I would need to write the ini like this:

[modi]
XP-2003-DE=C:ProgrammeGemeinsame DateienMicrosoft SharedMODI11.0MSPVIEW.EXE
XP-2003-EN=C:Program Files...
XP-2007-DE=C:ProgrammeGemeinsame DateienMicrosoft SharedMODI12.0MSPVIEW.EXE
XP-2007-EN=C:Program Files...
XP-2010-DE=C:ProgrammeGemeinsame DateienMicrosoft SharedMODI14.0MSPVIEW.EXE
XP-2010-EN=C:Program Files...
Win7-2007-64=C:Program Files (x86)Common Filesmicrosoft sharedMODI12.0MSPVIEW.EXE
Win7-2007-32=C:Program FilesCommon Filesmicrosoft sharedMODI12.0MSPVIEW.EXE
... all again for the few Win-XP-64 PCs in this LAN...

[OIS]
XP-2003=C:ProgrammeMicrosoft OfficeOFFICE11OIS.EXE

When Using the Macro instead, it's far less to take care of:

[MODI]
2003=@CommonFilesDir@Microsoft SharedMODI11.0MSPVIEW.EXE
2007=@CommonFilesDir@Microsoft SharedMODI12.0MSPVIEW.EXE

[OIS]
2003=@ProgramFilesDir@Microsoft OfficeOFFICE11OIS.EXE
2007=@ProgramFilesDir@Microsoft OfficeOFFICE12OIS.EXE
2010=@ProgramFilesDir@Microsoft OfficeOFFICE14OIS.EXE

This will work on WinXP, Win7-32, Win7-64, and any localisation language of Windows. That's the reason, why I will change it later this week, to prevent to run into trouble, when some new "windows flavor" will come into play.

You see the benefit of using the "@Macro@ in a string"? :)

Regards, Rudi.

Edited by rudi

Why to update the documentation? Simply because an accurate and complete documentation is 90% of a software's value, imho....

Correct, I help with updating the documentation so I know all too well how important it is.

Why not use environment variables instead? Custom or system. If you need an example let me know?

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

rudi,

Did you try my suggestion? As I've heard nothing back.

UDF List:

• 2 months later...

Hi guinnes,

thanks for your suggestion to use env vars. I've tried it, it works.

But I prefer to use the "Opt("ExpandVarStrings", 1)" approach: It's working smoothly, in the INI I can see clearly, what Marcro I'm using, and I personally do *NOT* have any antipathy against using "Opt()" ;) , at least I can't currently see any constraints when making use of this "ExpandVarStrings" ?

Regards, Rudi.

this even works

Global $sString='AutoItVersion'
ConsoleWrite(Execute('@'&$sString)&@CRLF)

My code:

PredictText: Predict Text of an Edit Control Like Scite. Remote Gmail: Execute your Scripts through Gmail. StringRegExp:Share and learn RegExp.

Run As System: A command line wrapper around PSEXEC.exe to execute your apps scripts as System (LSA). Database: An easier approach for _SQ_LITE beginners.

MathsEx: A UDF for Fractions and LCM, GCF/HCF. FloatingText: An UDF for make your text floating. Clipboard Extendor: A clipboard monitoring tool. 

Custom ScrollBar: Scroll Bar made with GDI+, user can use bitmaps instead. RestrictEdit_SRE: Restrict text in an Edit Control through a Regular Expression.