Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
VioletGiraffe

Where to find autoitx3.lib?

15 posts in this topic

Hello,

I must be missing something obvious, but I can't find the said library file that I need to use AutoItX. It's surely nowhere in the folder I've installed AutoIt3 to. Please advise.

Shouldn't it be AutoItx3.dll?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2017-04-18 - Version 1.4.8.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2017-02-27 - Version 1.3.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2015-04-01 - Version 0.4.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki
PowerPoint (2015-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

There's a library file for static linking. It's in the AutoItX directory.

#4 ·  Posted (edited)

The lib file has been missing for a very long time. You can no longer statically link the dll.

Edit: When was the lib re-added?

Edited by Richard Robertson

I was unaware that it was no longer added. AutoItX is Jon's bitch.

So I should link everything dynamically? That sucks, but I can do, thanks!

However, it's weird that header file doesn't seem to have typedefs for AutoitX functions.

Thanks! That's how I thought it's done (although I never actually had to do it before).

#12 ·  Posted (edited)

Whilst we are on the topic AutoItX, can I ask if it is still being maintained? Do the functions in the DLL still have behaviour congruent to that of AutoIt itself?

Any Chance of adding more of AutoIt's builtins to it? Maybe expose an interface to the interpreter itself?

Edited by twitchyliquid64

ongoing projects:-firestorm: Largescale P2P Social NetworkCompleted Autoit Programs/Scripts: Variable Pickler | Networked Streaming Audio (in pure autoIT) | firenet p2p web messenger | Proxy Checker | Dynamic Execute() Code Generator | P2P UDF | Graph Theory Proof of Concept - Breadth First search

No? No. No? No.

...respectively.

♡♡♡

eMyvnE

I'd say trance is right. AutoItX hasn't been touched in a long time.

There's not much to touch aside from function level bug fixes. Most of the new code that goes into AutoIt is language improvements which don't apply. Personally, I've always thought AutoItX was the most interesting part of AutoIt. Especially for corporates which sometimes mandate that any scripts should be supportable and written in VBScript/PowerShell. I actually wanted to redo it from scratch as well so that it works as a Powershell applet or something.

1 person likes this