Enhance the Excel UDF that comes with AutoIt (poll)

water

How do you use the Excel UDF?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use the Excel UDF at all?

2. 2. Which functions of the Excel UDF do you use? (Multiple choices allowed)

• _ExcelBookAttach
    • _ExcelColumnDelete, _ExcelRowDelete, _ExcelColumnInsert or _ExcelRowInsert
    • _ExcelNumberFormat, _ExcelFontSetProperties or ExcelHorizontalAlignSet
    • _ExcelHyperlinkInsert
    • _ExcelReadArray, _ExcelReadSheetToArray, _ExcelWriteArray or _ExcelWriteSheetFromArray
    • _ExcelWriteFormula
    • None of these but some of the basic functions like _ExcelReadCell, _ExcelWriteCell etc.
  3. 3. Script breaking changes: Would it be a big problem for you?

• No, not at all
    • No, but it would need some effort on my side to modify my scripts
    • Yes, I wouldn't like to see script breaking changes. Can't modify all my scripts!

New versions of Microsoft Office have been released since the last changes were made to the Excel UDFs. The new extensions (e.g. xlsx) are not (fully) supported and new functions are missing, performance for some functions needs to be enhanced etc.

Some necessary modifications might lead to script breaking changes.

To estimate the impact this will have on the community I would like you to answer the questions of this poll or add a comment to this thread.

Please answer the first question of the poll even if you don't use the Excel UDF (but only the first question)!

Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Would you please be so kind to answer the questions of this poll?

Based on the resulst a few design decisions for the Excel UDF will be made.

The more users vote, the better!

Thanks!

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

• 1 month later...

I occasionally use Excel in my projects. I have found times in the past few years that I had to use work arounds for xlsx files.

I would like to see the Excel UDF updated. Any reason not to release an ExcelX UDF? Although I'm sure most functions would be redundant.

The Excel UDF that now comes with AutoIt has a "few" limitations.

Most users voted that they wouldn't have a problem with a complete rewrite of the Excel UDF - including script breaking changes.

So I have started to rewrite the UDF from scratch. An early is already available for users to play with.

As feedback comes in a bit slow I decided to finish the rewrite of the Word UDF and then continue with the Excel UDF. So it will take some time until a beta version will be available.

If there are any functions you want to see in the new UDF please drop me a note!

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

• 1 month later...

I haven't coded anything yet because demand for such a function was quite

Is fixed width importing a need to have or nice to have for you?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Thanks a lot for taking the time to convert it to AutoIt. If the demand is high enough I'm going to implement it in my Excel UDF.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Please answer the first question of the poll even if you don't use the Excel UDF (but only the first question)!

I was unable to supply only the answer to the first question. I get an error says I have to answer all of the questions.

Edited by Xandy