Sign in to follow this  
rudi

I'm blind: Trouble using "continueloop 2"

rudi

Hi.

I wrote a script years ago (older Autoit Version, iirc 3.6), and had to modify some variable values. Now a continueloop fails, and I can't see, why. Here are the relevant lines.:

#region alle Descriptions, die auftauchen, ablegen
    Dim $aDesc[1] = [0]
    For $i = 1 To UBound($aLogs) - 1
        $Desc = StringStripWS(StringRegExpReplace($aLogs[$i], "(?i)((description:.*)|.*)", "$2"), 1 + 2)
        For $k = 1 To $aDesc[0]
            If $Desc = $aDesc[$k] Then ContinueLoop 2 ; <--- line 75, to continue the loop "for $i = 1 ..."
        Next
        _ArrayAdd($aDesc, $Desc)
        $aDesc[0] = UBound($aDesc) - 1
    Next
    _ArraySort($aDesc, 0, 1)
    #endregion alle Descriptions, die auftauchen, ablegen

In case, the description is in the result array ALREADY, it shall continue with the next "$i" value.

The resulting error:

DS4700-Disk-Err-Watcher.au3 (75) : ==> "ContinueLoop" statement with no matching "While", "Do" or "For" statement.:
If $Desc = $aDesc[$k] Then ContinueLoop 2

:mad2: I can't see, what's my mistake :mad2:

Who's going to open my blind eyes, pls?

Regards, Rudi.

Earth is flat, pigs can fly, and Nuclear Power is SAFE!

JLogan3o13

Hi, rudi. IIRC, you cannot have ContinueLoop by itself in the For loop, you have to have another line. Take a look at this example. If you remove the Msgbox line, you'll get the same error:

For $i = 1 To 10
 If $i = 7 Then ContinueLoop
 MsgBox(0, "", $i)
Next

√-1 2^3 ∑ π, and it was delicious!

rudi

Hi Logan :graduated:,

:thumbsup: good catch :cheer:

To be more precisely: There has to be at least one statement AFTER the continueloop line.

This will work:

For $i = 1 To 10
$foo=42
Next

... but this won't work:

For $i = 1 To 10
$foo=42
Next

C:\temp\test.au3 (3) : ==> "ContinueLoop" statement with no matching "While", "Do" or "For" statement.:

As the script did work before, I suspect, that this limitation was introduced e.g. with one of the last releases?

Where is the appropriate "place" to suggest an updateing of the documentation?

Or should I open a bug report?

Regards, Rudi.

JLogan3o13

Under the Dev Chat forum, there is a thread for reporting Help file issues.

√-1 2^3 ∑ π, and it was delicious!

rudi

Hi Logan.

Done.

Regards, Rudi.

guinness

This is a bug not a help file issue. If you search bug tracker you will see it has been fixed in the latest beta version. #2073

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

rudi

Hi Guinnes,

thanks for your input.

I thought there might be a technical background, that requires this behaviour. Then it *WOULD* have been a help file thing ;)

Regards, Rudi.