I'm blind: Trouble using "continueloop 2"

rudi

Hi.

I wrote a script years ago (older Autoit Version, iirc 3.6), and had to modify some variable values. Now a continueloop fails, and I can't see, why. Here are the relevant lines.:

#region alle Descriptions, die auftauchen, ablegen
    Dim $aDesc[1] = [0]
    For $i = 1 To UBound($aLogs) - 1
        $Desc = StringStripWS(StringRegExpReplace($aLogs[$i], "(?i)((description:.*)|.*)", "$2"), 1 + 2)
        For $k = 1 To $aDesc[0]
            If $Desc = $aDesc[$k] Then ContinueLoop 2 ; <--- line 75, to continue the loop "for $i = 1 ..."
        Next
        _ArrayAdd($aDesc, $Desc)
        $aDesc[0] = UBound($aDesc) - 1
    Next
    _ArraySort($aDesc, 0, 1)
    #endregion alle Descriptions, die auftauchen, ablegen

In case, the description is in the result array ALREADY, it shall continue with the next "$i" value.

The resulting error:

DS4700-Disk-Err-Watcher.au3 (75) : ==> "ContinueLoop" statement with no matching "While", "Do" or "For" statement.:
If $Desc = $aDesc[$k] Then ContinueLoop 2

:mad2: I can't see, what's my mistake :mad2:

Who's going to open my blind eyes, pls?

Regards, Rudi.

Earth is flat, pigs can fly, and Nuclear Power is SAFE!

• Moderators

Hi, rudi. IIRC, you cannot have ContinueLoop by itself in the For loop, you have to have another line. Take a look at this example. If you remove the Msgbox line, you'll get the same error:

For $i = 1 To 10
 If $i = 7 Then ContinueLoop
 MsgBox(0, "", $i)
Next

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

Hi Logan :graduated:,

:thumbsup: good catch :cheer:

To be more precisely: There has to be at least one statement AFTER the continueloop line.

This will work:

For $i = 1 To 10
$foo=42
Next

... but this won't work:

For $i = 1 To 10
$foo=42
Next

C:\temp\test.au3 (3) : ==> "ContinueLoop" statement with no matching "While", "Do" or "For" statement.:

As the script did work before, I suspect, that this limitation was introduced e.g. with one of the last releases?

Where is the appropriate "place" to suggest an updateing of the documentation?

Or should I open a bug report?

Regards, Rudi.

This is a bug not a help file issue. If you search bug tracker you will see it has been fixed in the latest beta version. #2073

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

Hi Guinnes,

thanks for your input.

I thought there might be a technical background, that requires this behaviour. Then it *WOULD* have been a help file thing ;)

Regards, Rudi.