Form Builder beta

BuckMaster

@BuckMaster, thanks for the new GUI designer :)

some other names for you :)

Quick & Easy GUI

GUI Surfacer

GUI Styler

GUI Stylist

Easy GUI Builder

Easy GUI Producer

Easy GUI Director

Easy GUI Styler

Express GUI Builder

Express GUI Producer

Express GUI Director

Express GUI Styler

Regards Autolaser

Anyway, I'm not sure I understand this "magic-numbers" thing and how they can change at anytime, can you please explain?

The thing about it is, you see, it's a very simple thing, I haven't seen the source but I imagine it's used in a case statment.

Here's an explanation of what the phrase magic number means, and why it's bad coding practice to use numbers instead of variables. It's not so important when it comes to GUI things, but it's much more important when you're coding something that probably will or might change.in the future. It's far easier to change a value in one place instead of every place you've used that number.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Just for the records:

The " has a GUI builder/developer/designer/whatever too.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

• Moderators

FlutterShy,

Mind your language in future or you will get a short holiday to allow to wash your mouth out. :naughty:

All,

That is the end of the discussion on "magic numbers" in this thread - take it to Chat if you want to continue. For what it is worth I am very much on the "do not use them" side - in this case it is obvious what the number means, but many such numbers are not. ;)

M23

P.S. And before anyone points out that I do use some "magic numbers" in my UDFs please also notice I explain what they are at the end of the line in which they are used - and that I only use them to prevent having to #include lots of other #include files within the UDF. :D

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

If all this is possible with Autoit, why did we have to use Koda? Koda is not "bad" but my god it does have its issues and quirks.

If this does not end up, when completed, being part of the official setup package for Autoit then the terrorists win... (lol)

Edited by Morthawt

Very nice had a little play around with it.

Immense amount of work dude

Very well done

Tried to import a fairly basic gui with 6 tabs and some listviews and checkboxes and it didn't like it, result below.

One other thought

With tabs i thought the main tab was made and then just add tabitems for each tab, but this creates a tab for each on with a tabitem?

$hGUI = GUICreate( "New Window", 563, 401, -1, -1)
$Tab1 = GUICtrlCreateTab( 50, 50, 490, 310)
$hTabItem = GUICtrlCreateTabItem( "Tab" )
GUICtrlCreateTabItem( "" )
$Tab2 = GUICtrlCreateTab( 50, 50, 490, 310) ; creates a second tab
$Tab3 = GUICtrlCreateTab( 50, 50, 490, 310); creates a third tab
$Tab4 = GUICtrlCreateTab( 50, 50, 490, 310); creates a etc etc
GUISetState()

i was told like this?

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <Constants.au3>

$hGUI = GUICreate( "New Window", 563, 401, -1, -1)
$Tab1 = GUICtrlCreateTab( 50, 50, 490, 310)
$hTabItem1 = GUICtrlCreateTabItem( "Tab" )
$hTabItem2 = GUICtrlCreateTabItem( "Tab" )
$hTabItem3 = GUICtrlCreateTabItem( "Tab" )
$hTabItem4 = GUICtrlCreateTabItem( "Tab" )
GUISetState()

While 1
    $hMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $hMsg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit
    EndSwitch

WEnd

Or have i been told wrong?

post-60350-0-89792100-1354614414_thumb.p

Edited by Chimaera

Excellent work! There are so many features I prefer over Koda!

- I like the control states to be shown as constants

- I like the way to add styles, By the way, in Koda, you cannot set the constant $BS_ICON on a button without adding a picture, and here it's possible. :)

- So easy to copy paste the code

- Resizing icons are so intuitive

Features I think should be added:

- Auto declare Global / Local variables. Either like this:

Global $hGUI = GUICreate( "New Window", 410, 292, -1, -1)
Global $Button1 = GUICtrlCreateButton( "Button", 140, 220, 100, 30)
Global $Edit2 = GUICtrlCreateEdit( "Edit", 90, 30, 220, 180)

or in one line :

Global $hGUI, $Button1, $Edit2
$hGUI = GUICreate( "New Window", 410, 292, -1, -1)
$Button1 = GUICtrlCreateButton( "Button", 140, 220, 100, 30)
$Edit2 = GUICtrlCreateEdit( "Edit", 90, 30, 220, 180)

- maybe a slider to change the transparency of the the grid

- under the button "Copy script" and "save script", you could maybe add buttons like: "copy constants", "copy Controls", in order to copy without the while / wend.

- missing an input on the GUI to set the parent GUI (8th param of GuiCreate).

- If I create 2 tabs, using the button to create a tab, I have 2 Tab items. Then after it's difficult or impossible to delete them. Also sometimes, If I manage to delete one tab and then the other, One tab stays written in the code.

Thanks

hi

why ? this ş,Ş,ı ,İ characters changing ş -> ? ,Ş->?, ı ->y ,İ->Y

why changing this characters in code

orjinal

$Label9 = GUICtrlCreateLabel( "şŞıİ", 44, 107, 106, 25)

but

changing

$Label9 = GUICtrlCreateLabel( "??yY", 44, 107, 106, 25)

why ? changing

thank you now

but nice code

@BuckMaster, here is a Bug on Settings / Options

The script save permanently

AutoUpdateVars=False

CheckUpdate=True

if edit manual to

AutoUpdateVars=True

CheckUpdate=False

and start GUI Builder and go to Settings / Option

is only "Auto Update Variables" checked not "Check for Updates on Startup"

then no change settings and only save

after restart

"Check for Updates on Startup" is checked and "Auto Update Variables" not checked

AutoUpdateVars=False

CheckUpdate=True

Regards Autolaser

love your work BuckMaster. Awesome and easy interface . 5 stars for your project.

I found that when I place any control in GUI, the default width & height is 5x5 for all controls; and the controls can't be re-size from the GUI, If the grid mode is enable.

Edited by Digisoul

73 108 111 118 101 65 117 116 111 105 116

Compared with your Tool my ISN FormStudio 2 looks like a toy for kids

Haha, this quit a statement. Especially since Form Studio is such an excellent gui builder. In my experience (I worked a little longer with Form Studio of course) both are very nice tools for creating (and to some extent maintaining) a gui. I do like some of the advanced functions of GUI Builder that Form Studio lacks like:

Undo function (Ctrl Z)

Graphic and GDI+ Editor

Bi-Directional Scripting

Spacing / Resizing

On the other hand ISN has functions like

Drag and drop a control into the window

Right-Click menu (For example to add another tab item)

Auto Backup

Integration in a IDE project/tool

ISN is more refined/intuitive right now and this tool is obvious still in beta. I had for example the following issues:

- Menu builder is empty (Menu --> Menu --> Menu Builder)

- Deleting a control (for example a button) doesn't always work

- There is an undo but no redo

- The undo function mostly results in an out of bound (array) error after a while

- Text (Data) of controls are not always changed. For example I change the name for a group, but this is not changed in the gui)

- First it was unclear how to get multiple tabs (by reselecting). Maybe set the number of tabs in the control editor would be quicker and easier.

- I miss a "rename" entry in tree of gui (for example to change the name of the gui)

- The start size at the creation of the control could be bigger (see ISN form studio)

- Help function doesn't show anything

- No Ctrl S to save the GUI

- Can't move the controls with the arrow keys

- I need to close the current gui windows, instead of opening it another tab (not asked to save it first)

- Doesn't recognize style when importing a label

As most bugs are solved this will be a worthy successor of Koda :thumbsup: