Ward

A Non-Strict JSON UDF (JSMN)

Hey,

thanks for the UDF, good work. But I have problems with a specific json source -> http://data.mtgox.com/api/1/BTCUSD/depth

I can't extract the values. First I used the other JSON UDF from Gabriel Boehme and I have exactly the same problems.

I get an empty array with ~500 elements when I get into the asks or bids arrays.

This is what I'm doing to get the data:

Func getArrayFromJson($URI,$reqAuth,$post="")
$result = Jsmn_Decode(goxRequest($URI,_Iif($reqAuth>0,getNonce()&$post,"")))
$result = Jsmn_ObjTo2DArray($result)
If (Not IsArray($result) Or UBound($result) = 0) Then
MsgBox(0,"Error: "&$URI,$result)
Return 0
Else
If(NOT IsArray($result[2][1])) Then
MsgBox(0,$URI,$result[2][1])
Return 0
EndIf
Return $result[2][1]
EndIf
EndFunc

It works on every other API without problems, just not with this one.

Try this code, then your will see every element is decoded succeed.

#Include "JSMN.au3"

Local $Json = BinaryToString(InetRead("http://data.mtgox.com/api/1/BTCUSD/depth"), 4)
Local $Obj = Jsmn_Decode($Json)

ConsoleWrite(Jsmn_Encode($Obj, $JSMN_PRETTY_PRINT))

Then why you got empty output?

Because in your code, "$result[2][1]" is an array, so you can't use MsgBox to output it.

新版 _ArrayAdd 的白痴作者,不管是誰,去死一死好了

Hey Ward,

fist of all thanks for JSON extension! I appreciate the work you spent to help this community with your programming skills!

I am new to this forum and autoit is one of my personal interests so I would like to say "Hello everyone" :bye:.

Maybe someone can help me with my question?:

I want to query a JSON wheather service to get the actual wheater and for future use also the forecast.

For this I use OperWheatherMap API and build my JSON, e.g. for today in Berlin:

{"cod":"200","message":0.0268,"city":{"id":2950159,"name":"Berlin","coord":{"lon":13.41053,"lat":52.524368},"country":"DE","population":1000000},"cnt":1,"list":[{"dt":1368874800,"temp":{"day":13.22,"min":10.57,"max":13.22,"night":10.57,"eve":12.49,"morn":13.22},"pressure":1015.76,"humidity":100,"weather":[{"id":501,"main":"Rain","description":"mäßiger Regen","icon":"10"}],"speed":7.08,"deg":269,"clouds":92,"rain":7.75}]}

My special interest lays in the params "temp":{"day":13.22,"min":10.57,"max":13.22 ... and  "description":"mäßiger Regen" but I am not able to extract this information using JSMN.

My code:

#include <JSMN.au3>

; Anfrage von Wetter mit JSON Antwort: http://api.openweathermap.org/data/2.5/forecast/daily?q=Berlin&mode=json&units=metric&cnt=1&lang=de
local $Json1 = '{"cod":"200","message":0.0268,"city":{"id":2950159,"name":"Berlin","coord":{"lon":13.41053,"lat":52.524368},"country":"DE","population":1000000},"cnt":1,"list":[{"dt":1368874800,"temp":{"day":13.22,"min":10.57,"max":13.22,"night":10.57,"eve":12.49,"morn":13.22},"pressure":1015.76,"humidity":100,"weather":[{"id":501,"main":"Rain","description":"mäßiger Regen","icon":"10"}],"speed":7.08,"deg":269,"clouds":92,"rain":7.75}]}'

Local $objJson = Jsmn_Decode($Json1)
If (Jsmn_IsObject($objJson)) Then
    ConsoleWrite('Data1:' & Jsmn_ObjGetKeys($objJson) & @CRLF)
    ConsoleWrite('Data2:' & Jsmn_ObjGet($objJson, "message") & @CRLF)
    ConsoleWrite('Data3:' & Jsmn_ObjGetCount($objJson) & @CRLF)
    ConsoleWrite('Data4:' & Jsmn_ObjExists($objJson, "message") & @CRLF)
Else
    ConsoleWrite("Kein Objekt")
EndIf

The according console output:

Data1:
Data2:0.0268
Data3:5
Data4:True

So the first level was queried successfully but if I want to query the params mentioned above I get an empty result:

AutoIt:

#include <JSMN.au3>

; Anfrage von Wetter mit JSON Antwort: http://api.openweathermap.org/data/2.5/forecast/daily?q=Berlin&mode=json&units=metric&cnt=1&lang=de
local $Json1 = '{"cod":"200","message":0.0268,"city":{"id":2950159,"name":"Berlin","coord":{"lon":13.41053,"lat":52.524368},"country":"DE","population":1000000},"cnt":1,"list":[{"dt":1368874800,"temp":{"day":13.22,"min":10.57,"max":13.22,"night":10.57,"eve":12.49,"morn":13.22},"pressure":1015.76,"humidity":100,"weather":[{"id":501,"main":"Rain","description":"mäßiger Regen","icon":"10"}],"speed":7.08,"deg":269,"clouds":92,"rain":7.75}]}'
If (Jsmn_IsObject($objJson)) Then
    ConsoleWrite('Data1:' & Jsmn_ObjGetKeys($objJson) & @CRLF)
    ConsoleWrite('Data2:' & Jsmn_ObjGet($objJson, "day") & @CRLF)
    ConsoleWrite('Data3:' & Jsmn_ObjGetCount($objJson) & @CRLF)
    ConsoleWrite('Data4:' & Jsmn_ObjExists($objJson, "day") & @CRLF)
Else
    ConsoleWrite("Kein Objekt")
EndIf
Local $objJson2 = Jsmn_Decode($objJson)

Console:

Data1:
Data2:
Data3:6
Data4:True

Because this is my first contact with JSON I think that I am doing something wrong with the the function "Jsmn_ObjGet". But what am I doing wrong?

Regards

mmscripting

Try this:

#include <JSMN.au3>

Local $List = Jsmn_ObjGet($objJson, "list") ; "list" is an array
Local $objJson2 = $List[0]
Local $Temp = Jsmn_ObjGet($objJson2, "temp") ; "temp" is an object

ConsoleWrite(Jsmn_ObjGet($Temp, "day") & @LF)
ConsoleWrite(Jsmn_ObjGet($Temp, "min") & @LF)

Hi Ward,

ahh ok now I understand: You have do know about the JSON structure and like an encapsulation take each part in an own list / array and at some point there is only a string left which can be queried for or values.

Before I thought that I can just query the whole JSON object and the function will give me the value in return. Is this also in other programming languages a common behaviour to "encapsulate" the whole JSON object or maybe is there a way to query the whole object for the needed string?

Anyway: Thanks for your very fast and efficient help :thumbsup: !

Regards

mmscripting

Funny that I need such a UDF now. This has to be the best JSON UDF I've seen floating around the Forums. Thanks ward.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

I wrote a helper function to get specific element in nested array/object returned from Jsmn_Decode() more easily.

Here is the code and example:

#Include "JSMN.au3"

Local $Json = '{"key1" : "value1", "key2" : [true, ["a", "b"], {"key3", "obj_in_array"}]}'
Jsmn_Get_ShowResult($Obj, '["key1"]')
Jsmn_Get_ShowResult($Obj, '["key2"][0]')
Jsmn_Get_ShowResult($Obj, '["key2"][1][0]')
Jsmn_Get_ShowResult($Obj, '["key2"][2]["key3"]')

Local $Json = '{"strange key []" : "uses \\uXXXX for unsupported char in the key", "key_nospace_1" : {"key_nospace_2" : "don''t need \" if the key has no space"} }'
Jsmn_Get_ShowResult($Obj, '["strange key [\u005D"]')
Jsmn_Get_ShowResult($Obj, '[key_nospace_1][key_nospace_2]')

Jsmn_Get_ShowResult($Obj, '[error1]')
Jsmn_Get_ShowResult($Obj, '[error2')

Func Jsmn_Get_ShowResult($Var, $Key)
    Local $Ret = Jsmn_Get($Var, $Key)
    If @Error Then
        Switch @error
            Case 1
                ConsoleWrite("Error 1: key not exists" & @LF)
            Case 2
                ConsoleWrite("Error 2: syntax error" & @LF)
        EndSwitch

Else
        ConsoleWrite($Key & " => " & VarGetType($Ret) & ": " & $Ret & @LF)
    EndIf
EndFunc

Func Jsmn_Get($Var, $Key)
    If Not $Key Then Return $Var

Local $Match = StringRegExp($Key, "(^\[([^\]]+)\])", 3)
    If IsArray($Match) Then
        Local $Index = Jsmn_Decode($Match[1])
        $Key = StringTrimLeft($Key, StringLen($Match[0]))

If IsString($Index) And Jsmn_IsObject($Var) And Jsmn_ObjExists($Var, $Index) Then
            Local $Ret = Jsmn_Get(Jsmn_ObjGet($Var, $Index), $Key)
            Return SetError(@Error, 0, $Ret)

ElseIf IsNumber($Index) And IsArray($Var) And $Index >= 0 And $Index < UBound($Var) Then
            Local $Ret = Jsmn_Get($Var[$Index], $Key)

Else
            Return SetError(1, 0, "")

EndIf
    EndIf

Return SetError(2, 0, "")
EndFunc

I'm trying to parse the data below,

{"events":[{"world_id":2012,"map_id":873,"event_id":"659149D4-43EC-4DCB-A6BB-0B2D402B537B","state":"Warmup"},
{"world_id":2012,"map_id":873,"event_id":"72F93CD8-94AC-4234-8D86-996CCAC76A46","state":"Warmup"},
{"world_id":2012,"map_id":873,"event_id":"81F89AC2-4764-49CB-A4F1-8B7546201DC7","state":"Active"},
{"world_id":2012,"map_id":873,"event_id":"FF71DE90-423B-4685-A343-83487A330C7A","state":"Active"}]}

The end result would be an array with 3 columns for map_id, event_id, and state filled with the relevant data.

By striping '{"events":[' and ']}' from either end i managed to get the values of the first line/object but how do extract further items? I can't work out how to loop into the next line(s).

Thanks for any help. My code isn't really worth showing hence no code example.

Using Jsmn_Get(), it's easy.

I will put this function into the UDF later.

#Include "JSMN.au3"

Local $Json = '{"events":[{"world_id":2012,"map_id":873,"event_id":"659149D4-43EC-4DCB-A6BB-0B2D402B537B","state":"Warmup"},{"world_id":2012,"map_id":873,"event_id":"72F93CD8-94AC-4234-8D86-996CCAC76A46","state":"Warmup"},{"world_id":2012,"map_id":873,"event_id":"81F89AC2-4764-49CB-A4F1-8B7546201DC7","state":"Active"},{"world_id":2012,"map_id":873,"event_id":"FF71DE90-423B-4685-A343-83487A330C7A","state":"Active"}]}'

ConsoleWrite(Jsmn_Get($Obj, '["events"][0]["world_id"]') & @LF)
ConsoleWrite(Jsmn_Get($Obj, '["events"][0]["map_id"]') & @LF)
ConsoleWrite(Jsmn_Get($Obj, '["events"][0]["event_id"]') & @LF)
ConsoleWrite(Jsmn_Get($Obj, '["events"][0]["state"]') & @LF)

ConsoleWrite(Jsmn_Get($Obj, '["events"][1]["world_id"]') & @LF)
ConsoleWrite(Jsmn_Get($Obj, '["events"][1]["map_id"]') & @LF)
ConsoleWrite(Jsmn_Get($Obj, '["events"][1]["event_id"]') & @LF)
ConsoleWrite(Jsmn_Get($Obj, '["events"][1]["state"]') & @LF)

ConsoleWrite(Jsmn_Get($Obj, '["events"][2]["world_id"]') & @LF)
ConsoleWrite(Jsmn_Get($Obj, '["events"][2]["map_id"]') & @LF)
ConsoleWrite(Jsmn_Get($Obj, '["events"][2]["event_id"]') & @LF)
ConsoleWrite(Jsmn_Get($Obj, '["events"][2]["state"]') & @LF)

Func Jsmn_Get($Var, $Key)
    If Not $Key Then Return $Var

Local $Match = StringRegExp($Key, "(^\[([^\]]+)\])", 3)
    If IsArray($Match) Then
        Local $Index = Jsmn_Decode($Match[1])

If IsString($Index) And Jsmn_IsObject($Var) And Jsmn_ObjExists($Var, $Index) Then
            Local $Ret = Jsmn_Get(Jsmn_ObjGet($Var, $Index), $Key)

ElseIf IsNumber($Index) And IsArray($Var) And $Index >= 0 And $Index < UBound($Var) Then
            Local $Ret = Jsmn_Get($Var[$Index], $Key)

Else

EndIf
    EndIf

EndFunc

Thanks! Wow, it's easy to do once you know the correct syntax. Thanks again for the UDF and your code above really helps me understand it more now :)

Edited by Fly By Night

Perfect, right at the time i thought of buying the $400 n/Software json Activex the native and free udf comes around, thank you very much.

$a=StringSplit("547275737420796F757220546563686E6F6C75737421","")For $b=1 To UBound($a)+(-1*-1*-1)step(2^4/8);&$b+=1*2/40*µ&Asc(4)Assign("c",Eval("c")&Chr(Dec($a[$b]&$a[$b+1])))''Chr("a")&"HI"Next;time_U&r34d,ths,U-may=get$the&c.l.u.e;b3st-regards,JRSmile;MsgBox(0x000000,"",Eval("c"));PiEs:d0nt+*b3.s4d.4ft3r.1st-try:-)

I'm searching through a long (>800) list looking for a specific value using the following code and my routine seems to be very slow compared to using a similar version just using _StringBetween on the raw JSON string.

I'm not sure if i can reduce the number of Jsmn_Get calls using the logic below. Is the While..Wend method below one to use or am i missing a better way to hunt for a value. Thanks again.

Func getEventstate($eventID)

; Search for a specific EventID and return it's state

Local $evState = "", $evFound = 0
Local $i = 0

While ((Jsmn_Get($EventsObj, '["events"][' & $i & ']["event_id"]') <> "") And $evFound = 0)

If Jsmn_Get($EventsObj, '["events"][' & $i & ']["event_id"]') == $eventID Then
            $evState = Jsmn_Get($EventsObj, '["events"][' & $i & ']["state"]')
            $evFound = 1
        EndIf

$i = $i + 1
    WEnd

Return ($evState)
EndFunc   ;==>getEventstate2

For reference, same using _StringBetween

Func getEventstate($eventID)

$srcStr = '"event_id":"' & $eventID & '","state":"'
    $evState = _StringBetween($EventsJson, $srcStr, '"}')

If $evState <> "" Then
        Return ($evState[0])
    EndIf
EndFunc   ;==>getEventstate

You can optimize this code (and maybe any code) to avoid do the same thing everytime in the loop. For example, you can get '["events"]' object and reuse it in the loop. And then you can aslo try to modify the code to get "[' & $i & ']" only once when the $i was changed.

However, even you wrote the optimized code, I don't think it will run faster than _StringBetween. So don't try to compare with that. 

If I wanted to load in the Events object and search through all the values of a key for a specific one, what method would you recommend? I wasn't sure how to do this optimally that is why i ended up just doing a While..Wend using the $i to increment onto the next key until i find the value i'm after. Also i wasn't sure if   '["events"][' & $i & ']["event_id"]') <> "" was the correct method to check for end of keys. I realise what i'm after is a Jsmn_Search function that looks for a value and returns how to obtain it via Jsmn_Get.

I did a test of copying key values into an array using Jsmn_Get then _StringBetween and Jsmn_Get was a lot faster on a test of about 1600 keys.

Edited by Fly By Night

Here is the JSMN_Get function that Ward wrote in post #12 written to allow both delimiter notation (dot, comma, pipe, whatever notation) and JSON notation.

; #FUNCTION# ===================================================================
; Name:             Jsmn_Get
; Description:    Retrieves a value from the scripting.dictionary key specified
;
; Parameter(s):
;                       $Object     Scripting dictionary object
;
;                       $Key        Key for the value you want to retrieve. Follows delimiter based or JSON based format depending on the notation parameter
;
;                       $Notation
;                                       0 - Delimiter based - Key1.Key2
;                                       1 - JSON format based ["key1"]["key2"]
;
;                       $Delim      If notation = 0 Then this is the delimiter between keys
;
; Requirement(s):   JSMN JSON library by Ward.
;
; Return Value(s):
;                           On Success  Returns value from key
;
;                           On Failure      Returns a blank string and an error value.
;                                               @error
;                                                   1 - key does not exist
;                                                   2 - notation syntax error
;                                               @Extended - Only used if notation = 0
;                                                   See StringSplit error codes
;
; Author(s):    Ward (modified slightly by SantaRyan to add delimiter notation)
;===============================================================================
Func Jsmn_Get($Object, $Key, $Notation = 0, $Delim = ".")
    If Not $Key Then Return $Object
    If IsKeyword($Notation) Then $Notation = 0
    Local $Index, $Match, $Ret
    If $Notation = 0 Then
        $Match = StringSplit($Key, $Delim, 1)
        If IsArray($Match) Then
            $Index = $Match[1]
            $Key = ""
            For $i = 2 To $Match[0]
                $Key &= $Match[$i] & $Delim
            Next
            $Key = StringTrimRight($Key, 1)
        Else
        EndIf
    ElseIf $Notation = 1 Then
        $Match = StringRegExp($Key, "(^\[([^\]]+)\])", 3)
        If IsArray($Match) Then
            $Index = Jsmn_Decode($Match[1])
        Else
        EndIf
    EndIf
    If IsString($Index) And Jsmn_IsObject($Object) And Jsmn_ObjExists($Object, $Index) Then
        $Ret = Jsmn_Get(Jsmn_ObjGet($Object, $Index), $Key, $Delim)
        Return SetError(@error, 0, $Ret)
    ElseIf IsNumber($Index) And IsArray($Object) And $Index >= 0 And $Index < UBound($Object) Then
        $Ret = Jsmn_Get($Object[$Index], $Key, $Delim)
        Return SetError(@error, 0, $Ret)
    Else
    EndIf
EndFunc   ;==>Jsmn_Get
Edited by santaryan

Hello,

thanks for this UDF, it has been really helpful so far. However, I got one JSON string that seems impossible to decode with this UDF (I validated it with a JSON validator, so does not seem to be invalid):

I doesn't work in this form:

#Include <JSMN.au3>

$JSON='{"a":{"742597609":{"v":673,"p":4.91,"lb":"test1","av":58,"sl":11.6},"534165346":{"v":777,"p":5.66,"lb":"test2","av":58,"sl":13.3}},"b":16092018}'

Local $objJson = Jsmn_Decode($JSON)

If Jsmn_IsObject($objJson) Then
    Local $auctions = Jsmn_ObjGet($objJson, "a")
    For $i = 0 To UBound($auctions)-1
        Local $objJson2 = $auctions[$i]
        ConsoleWrite(Jsmn_ObjGet($objJson2, "p"))
    Next
EndIf

When I transform the JSON string like this, it produces an output:

#Include <JSMN.au3>

$JSON='{"a":{"742597609":{"v":673,"p":4.91,"lb":"test1","av":58,"sl":11.6},"534165346":{"v":777,"p":5.66,"lb":"test2","av":58,"sl":13.3}},"b":16092018}'

;JSMN compatibility
$JSON=StringRegExpReplace($JSON,'"\d{9}":','')
$JSON=StringReplace($JSON,'{"a":{','{"a":[')
$JSON=StringReplace($JSON,'}},','}],')

;produces
;$JSON='{"a":[{"v":673,"p":4.91,"lb":"test1","av":58,"sl":11.6},{"v":777,"p":5.66,"lb":"test2","av":58,"sl":13.3}],"b":16092018}'

Local $objJson = Jsmn_Decode($JSON)

If Jsmn_IsObject($objJson) Then
    Local $auctions = Jsmn_ObjGet($objJson, "a")
    For $i = 0 To UBound($auctions)-1
        Local $objJson2 = $auctions[$i]
        ConsoleWrite(Jsmn_ObjGet($objJson2, "p"))
    Next
EndIf

What am I doing wrong ? Is it possible to get the auction details (like "p" in this example) without transforming the JSON string ?

Edited by level20peon