A Non-Strict JSON UDF (JSMN)

Ward

• 1 month later...

Hey,

thanks for the UDF, good work. But I have problems with a specific json source -> http://data.mtgox.com/api/1/BTCUSD/depth

I can't extract the values. First I used the other JSON UDF from Gabriel Boehme and I have exactly the same problems.

I get an empty array with ~500 elements when I get into the asks or bids arrays.

This is what I'm doing to get the data:

Func getArrayFromJson($URI,$reqAuth,$post="")
$result = Jsmn_Decode(goxRequest($URI,_Iif($reqAuth>0,getNonce()&$post,"")))
$result = Jsmn_ObjTo2DArray($result)
If (Not IsArray($result) Or UBound($result) = 0) Then
MsgBox(0,"Error: "&$URI,$result)
Return 0
Else
If(NOT IsArray($result[2][1])) Then
MsgBox(0,$URI,$result[2][1])
Return 0
EndIf
Return $result[2][1]
EndIf
EndFunc

It works on every other API without problems, just not with this one.

Try this code, then your will see every element is decoded succeed.

#Include "JSMN.au3"

Local $Json = BinaryToString(InetRead("http://data.mtgox.com/api/1/BTCUSD/depth"), 4)
Local $Obj = Jsmn_Decode($Json)

ConsoleWrite(Jsmn_Encode($Obj, $JSMN_PRETTY_PRINT))

Then why you got empty output?

Because in your code, "$result[2][1]" is an array, so you can't use MsgBox to output it.

新版 _ArrayAdd 的白痴作者,不管是誰,去死一死好了

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey Ward,

fist of all thanks for JSON extension! I appreciate the work you spent to help this community with your programming skills!

I am new to this forum and autoit is one of my personal interests so I would like to say "Hello everyone" :bye:.

Maybe someone can help me with my question?:

I want to query a JSON wheather service to get the actual wheater and for future use also the forecast.

For this I use OperWheatherMap API and build my JSON, e.g. for today in Berlin:

{"cod":"200","message":0.0268,"city":{"id":2950159,"name":"Berlin","coord":{"lon":13.41053,"lat":52.524368},"country":"DE","population":1000000},"cnt":1,"list":[{"dt":1368874800,"temp":{"day":13.22,"min":10.57,"max":13.22,"night":10.57,"eve":12.49,"morn":13.22},"pressure":1015.76,"humidity":100,"weather":[{"id":501,"main":"Rain","description":"mäßiger Regen","icon":"10"}],"speed":7.08,"deg":269,"clouds":92,"rain":7.75}]}

My special interest lays in the params "temp":{"day":13.22,"min":10.57,"max":13.22 ... and  "description":"mäßiger Regen" but I am not able to extract this information using JSMN.

My code:

#include <JSMN.au3>

; Anfrage von Wetter mit JSON Antwort: http://api.openweathermap.org/data/2.5/forecast/daily?q=Berlin&mode=json&units=metric&cnt=1&lang=de
local $Json1 = '{"cod":"200","message":0.0268,"city":{"id":2950159,"name":"Berlin","coord":{"lon":13.41053,"lat":52.524368},"country":"DE","population":1000000},"cnt":1,"list":[{"dt":1368874800,"temp":{"day":13.22,"min":10.57,"max":13.22,"night":10.57,"eve":12.49,"morn":13.22},"pressure":1015.76,"humidity":100,"weather":[{"id":501,"main":"Rain","description":"mäßiger Regen","icon":"10"}],"speed":7.08,"deg":269,"clouds":92,"rain":7.75}]}'

Local $objJson = Jsmn_Decode($Json1)
If (Jsmn_IsObject($objJson)) Then
    ConsoleWrite('Data1:' & Jsmn_ObjGetKeys($objJson) & @CRLF)
    ConsoleWrite('Data2:' & Jsmn_ObjGet($objJson, "message") & @CRLF)
    ConsoleWrite('Data3:' & Jsmn_ObjGetCount($objJson) & @CRLF)
    ConsoleWrite('Data4:' & Jsmn_ObjExists($objJson, "message") & @CRLF)
Else
    ConsoleWrite("Kein Objekt")
EndIf

The according console output:

Data1:
Data2:0.0268
Data3:5
Data4:True

So the first level was queried successfully but if I want to query the params mentioned above I get an empty result:

AutoIt:

#include <JSMN.au3>

; Anfrage von Wetter mit JSON Antwort: http://api.openweathermap.org/data/2.5/forecast/daily?q=Berlin&mode=json&units=metric&cnt=1&lang=de
local $Json1 = '{"cod":"200","message":0.0268,"city":{"id":2950159,"name":"Berlin","coord":{"lon":13.41053,"lat":52.524368},"country":"DE","population":1000000},"cnt":1,"list":[{"dt":1368874800,"temp":{"day":13.22,"min":10.57,"max":13.22,"night":10.57,"eve":12.49,"morn":13.22},"pressure":1015.76,"humidity":100,"weather":[{"id":501,"main":"Rain","description":"mäßiger Regen","icon":"10"}],"speed":7.08,"deg":269,"clouds":92,"rain":7.75}]}'
If (Jsmn_IsObject($objJson)) Then
    ConsoleWrite('Data1:' & Jsmn_ObjGetKeys($objJson) & @CRLF)
    ConsoleWrite('Data2:' & Jsmn_ObjGet($objJson, "day") & @CRLF)
    ConsoleWrite('Data3:' & Jsmn_ObjGetCount($objJson) & @CRLF)
    ConsoleWrite('Data4:' & Jsmn_ObjExists($objJson, "day") & @CRLF)
Else
    ConsoleWrite("Kein Objekt")
EndIf
Local $objJson2 = Jsmn_Decode($objJson)

Console:

Data1:
Data2:
Data3:6
Data4:True

Because this is my first contact with JSON I think that I am doing something wrong with the the function "Jsmn_ObjGet". But what am I doing wrong?

Regards

mmscripting

Try this:

#include <JSMN.au3>

Local $List = Jsmn_ObjGet($objJson, "list") ; "list" is an array
Local $objJson2 = $List[0]
Local $Temp = Jsmn_ObjGet($objJson2, "temp") ; "temp" is an object

ConsoleWrite(Jsmn_ObjGet($Temp, "day") & @LF)
ConsoleWrite(Jsmn_ObjGet($Temp, "min") & @LF)

Hi Ward,

ahh ok now I understand: You have do know about the JSON structure and like an encapsulation take each part in an own list / array and at some point there is only a string left which can be queried for or values.

Before I thought that I can just query the whole JSON object and the function will give me the value in return. Is this also in other programming languages a common behaviour to "encapsulate" the whole JSON object or maybe is there a way to query the whole object for the needed string?

Anyway: Thanks for your very fast and efficient help :thumbsup: !

Regards

mmscripting

Funny that I need such a UDF now. This has to be the best JSON UDF I've seen floating around the Forums. Thanks ward.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

I wrote a helper function to get specific element in nested array/object returned from Jsmn_Decode() more easily.

Here is the code and example:

#Include "JSMN.au3"

Local $Json = '{"key1" : "value1", "key2" : [true, ["a", "b"], {"key3", "obj_in_array"}]}'
Jsmn_Get_ShowResult($Obj, '["key1"]')
Jsmn_Get_ShowResult($Obj, '["key2"][0]')
Jsmn_Get_ShowResult($Obj, '["key2"][1][0]')
Jsmn_Get_ShowResult($Obj, '["key2"][2]["key3"]')

Local $Json = '{"strange key []" : "uses \\uXXXX for unsupported char in the key", "key_nospace_1" : {"key_nospace_2" : "don''t need \" if the key has no space"} }'
Jsmn_Get_ShowResult($Obj, '["strange key [\u005D"]')
Jsmn_Get_ShowResult($Obj, '[key_nospace_1][key_nospace_2]')

Jsmn_Get_ShowResult($Obj, '[error1]')
Jsmn_Get_ShowResult($Obj, '[error2')

Func Jsmn_Get_ShowResult($Var, $Key)
    Local $Ret = Jsmn_Get($Var, $Key)
    If @Error Then
        Switch @error
            Case 1
                ConsoleWrite("Error 1: key not exists" & @LF)
            Case 2
                ConsoleWrite("Error 2: syntax error" & @LF)
        EndSwitch

Else
        ConsoleWrite($Key & " => " & VarGetType($Ret) & ": " & $Ret & @LF)
    EndIf
EndFunc

Func Jsmn_Get($Var, $Key)
    If Not $Key Then Return $Var

Local $Match = StringRegExp($Key, "(^\[([^\]]+)\])", 3)
    If IsArray($Match) Then
        Local $Index = Jsmn_Decode($Match[1])
        $Key = StringTrimLeft($Key, StringLen($Match[0]))

If IsString($Index) And Jsmn_IsObject($Var) And Jsmn_ObjExists($Var, $Index) Then
            Local $Ret = Jsmn_Get(Jsmn_ObjGet($Var, $Index), $Key)
            Return SetError(@Error, 0, $Ret)

ElseIf IsNumber($Index) And IsArray($Var) And $Index >= 0 And $Index < UBound($Var) Then
            Local $Ret = Jsmn_Get($Var[$Index], $Key)

Else
            Return SetError(1, 0, "")

EndIf
    EndIf

Return SetError(2, 0, "")
EndFunc

I'm trying to parse the data below,

{"events":[{"world_id":2012,"map_id":873,"event_id":"659149D4-43EC-4DCB-A6BB-0B2D402B537B","state":"Warmup"},
{"world_id":2012,"map_id":873,"event_id":"72F93CD8-94AC-4234-8D86-996CCAC76A46","state":"Warmup"},
{"world_id":2012,"map_id":873,"event_id":"81F89AC2-4764-49CB-A4F1-8B7546201DC7","state":"Active"},
{"world_id":2012,"map_id":873,"event_id":"FF71DE90-423B-4685-A343-83487A330C7A","state":"Active"}]}

The end result would be an array with 3 columns for map_id, event_id, and state filled with the relevant data.

By striping '{"events":[' and ']}' from either end i managed to get the values of the first line/object but how do extract further items? I can't work out how to loop into the next line(s).

Thanks for any help. My code isn't really worth showing hence no code example.

Using Jsmn_Get(), it's easy.

I will put this function into the UDF later.

#Include "JSMN.au3"

Local $Json = '{"events":[{"world_id":2012,"map_id":873,"event_id":"659149D4-43EC-4DCB-A6BB-0B2D402B537B","state":"Warmup"},{"world_id":2012,"map_id":873,"event_id":"72F93CD8-94AC-4234-8D86-996CCAC76A46","state":"Warmup"},{"world_id":2012,"map_id":873,"event_id":"81F89AC2-4764-49CB-A4F1-8B7546201DC7","state":"Active"},{"world_id":2012,"map_id":873,"event_id":"FF71DE90-423B-4685-A343-83487A330C7A","state":"Active"}]}'

ConsoleWrite(Jsmn_Get($Obj, '["events"][0]["world_id"]') & @LF)
ConsoleWrite(Jsmn_Get($Obj, '["events"][0]["map_id"]') & @LF)
ConsoleWrite(Jsmn_Get($Obj, '["events"][0]["event_id"]') & @LF)
ConsoleWrite(Jsmn_Get($Obj, '["events"][0]["state"]') & @LF)

ConsoleWrite(Jsmn_Get($Obj, '["events"][1]["world_id"]') & @LF)
ConsoleWrite(Jsmn_Get($Obj, '["events"][1]["map_id"]') & @LF)
ConsoleWrite(Jsmn_Get($Obj, '["events"][1]["event_id"]') & @LF)
ConsoleWrite(Jsmn_Get($Obj, '["events"][1]["state"]') & @LF)

ConsoleWrite(Jsmn_Get($Obj, '["events"][2]["world_id"]') & @LF)
ConsoleWrite(Jsmn_Get($Obj, '["events"][2]["map_id"]') & @LF)
ConsoleWrite(Jsmn_Get($Obj, '["events"][2]["event_id"]') & @LF)
ConsoleWrite(Jsmn_Get($Obj, '["events"][2]["state"]') & @LF)

Func Jsmn_Get($Var, $Key)
    If Not $Key Then Return $Var

Local $Match = StringRegExp($Key, "(^\[([^\]]+)\])", 3)
    If IsArray($Match) Then
        Local $Index = Jsmn_Decode($Match[1])

If IsString($Index) And Jsmn_IsObject($Var) And Jsmn_ObjExists($Var, $Index) Then
            Local $Ret = Jsmn_Get(Jsmn_ObjGet($Var, $Index), $Key)

ElseIf IsNumber($Index) And IsArray($Var) And $Index >= 0 And $Index < UBound($Var) Then
            Local $Ret = Jsmn_Get($Var[$Index], $Key)

Else

EndIf
    EndIf

EndFunc

Perfect, right at the time i thought of buying the $400 n/Software json Activex the native and free udf comes around, thank you very much.

$a=StringSplit("547275737420796F757220546563686E6F6C75737421","")
For $b=1 To UBound($a)+(-1*-1*-1)step(2^4/8);&$b+=1*2/40*µ&Asc(4)
Assign("c",Eval("c")&Chr(Dec($a[$b]&$a[$b+1])));''Chr("a")&"HI"
Next ;time_U&r34d,ths,U-may=get$the&c.l.u.e;b3st-regards,JRSmile;
MsgBox(0x000000,"",Eval("c"));PiEs:d0nt+*b3.s4d.4ft3r.1st-try:-)

I'm searching through a long (>800) list looking for a specific value using the following code and my routine seems to be very slow compared to using a similar version just using _StringBetween on the raw JSON string.

I'm not sure if i can reduce the number of Jsmn_Get calls using the logic below. Is the While..Wend method below one to use or am i missing a better way to hunt for a value. Thanks again.

Func getEventstate($eventID)

; Search for a specific EventID and return it's state

Local $evState = "", $evFound = 0
Local $i = 0

While ((Jsmn_Get($EventsObj, '["events"][' & $i & ']["event_id"]') <> "") And $evFound = 0)

If Jsmn_Get($EventsObj, '["events"][' & $i & ']["event_id"]') == $eventID Then
            $evState = Jsmn_Get($EventsObj, '["events"][' & $i & ']["state"]')
            $evFound = 1
        EndIf

$i = $i + 1
    WEnd

Return ($evState)
EndFunc   ;==>getEventstate2

For reference, same using _StringBetween

Func getEventstate($eventID)

$srcStr = '"event_id":"' & $eventID & '","state":"'
    $evState = _StringBetween($EventsJson, $srcStr, '"}')

If $evState <> "" Then
        Return ($evState[0])
    EndIf
EndFunc   ;==>getEventstate

You can optimize this code (and maybe any code) to avoid do the same thing everytime in the loop. For example, you can get '["events"]' object and reuse it in the loop. And then you can aslo try to modify the code to get "[' & $i & ']" only once when the $i was changed.

However, even you wrote the optimized code, I don't think it will run faster than _StringBetween. So don't try to compare with that. 

If I wanted to load in the Events object and search through all the values of a key for a specific one, what method would you recommend? I wasn't sure how to do this optimally that is why i ended up just doing a While..Wend using the $i to increment onto the next key until i find the value i'm after. Also i wasn't sure if   '["events"][' & $i & ']["event_id"]') <> "" was the correct method to check for end of keys. I realise what i'm after is a Jsmn_Search function that looks for a value and returns how to obtain it via Jsmn_Get.

I did a test of copying key values into an array using Jsmn_Get then _StringBetween and Jsmn_Get was a lot faster on a test of about 1600 keys.

Edited by Fly By Night

• 1 month later...

Here is the JSMN_Get function that Ward wrote in post #12 written to allow both delimiter notation (dot, comma, pipe, whatever notation) and JSON notation.

; #FUNCTION# ===================================================================
; Name:             Jsmn_Get
; Description:    Retrieves a value from the scripting.dictionary key specified
;
; Parameter(s):
;                       $Object     Scripting dictionary object
;
;                       $Key        Key for the value you want to retrieve. Follows delimiter based or JSON based format depending on the notation parameter
;
;                       $Notation
;                                       0 - Delimiter based - Key1.Key2
;                                       1 - JSON format based ["key1"]["key2"]
;
;                       $Delim      If notation = 0 Then this is the delimiter between keys
;
; Requirement(s):   JSMN JSON library by Ward.
;
; Return Value(s):
;                           On Success  Returns value from key
;
;                           On Failure      Returns a blank string and an error value.
;                                               @error
;                                                   1 - key does not exist
;                                                   2 - notation syntax error
;                                               @Extended - Only used if notation = 0
;                                                   See StringSplit error codes
;
; Author(s):    Ward (modified slightly by SantaRyan to add delimiter notation)
;===============================================================================
Func Jsmn_Get($Object, $Key, $Notation = 0, $Delim = ".")
    If Not $Key Then Return $Object
    If IsKeyword($Notation) Then $Notation = 0
    Local $Index, $Match, $Ret
    If $Notation = 0 Then
        $Match = StringSplit($Key, $Delim, 1)
        If IsArray($Match) Then
            $Index = $Match[1]
            $Key = ""
            For $i = 2 To $Match[0]
                $Key &= $Match[$i] & $Delim
            Next
            $Key = StringTrimRight($Key, 1)
        Else
        EndIf
    ElseIf $Notation = 1 Then
        $Match = StringRegExp($Key, "(^\[([^\]]+)\])", 3)
        If IsArray($Match) Then
            $Index = Jsmn_Decode($Match[1])
        Else
        EndIf
    EndIf
    If IsString($Index) And Jsmn_IsObject($Object) And Jsmn_ObjExists($Object, $Index) Then
        $Ret = Jsmn_Get(Jsmn_ObjGet($Object, $Index), $Key, $Delim)
        Return SetError(@error, 0, $Ret)
    ElseIf IsNumber($Index) And IsArray($Object) And $Index >= 0 And $Index < UBound($Object) Then
        $Ret = Jsmn_Get($Object[$Index], $Key, $Delim)
        Return SetError(@error, 0, $Ret)
    Else
    EndIf
EndFunc   ;==>Jsmn_Get
Edited by santaryan

• 3 months later...

Hello,

thanks for this UDF, it has been really helpful so far. However, I got one JSON string that seems impossible to decode with this UDF (I validated it with a JSON validator, so does not seem to be invalid):

I doesn't work in this form:

#Include <JSMN.au3>

$JSON='{"a":{"742597609":{"v":673,"p":4.91,"lb":"test1","av":58,"sl":11.6},"534165346":{"v":777,"p":5.66,"lb":"test2","av":58,"sl":13.3}},"b":16092018}'

Local $objJson = Jsmn_Decode($JSON)

If Jsmn_IsObject($objJson) Then
    Local $auctions = Jsmn_ObjGet($objJson, "a")
    For $i = 0 To UBound($auctions)-1
        Local $objJson2 = $auctions[$i]
        ConsoleWrite(Jsmn_ObjGet($objJson2, "p"))
    Next
EndIf

When I transform the JSON string like this, it produces an output:

#Include <JSMN.au3>

$JSON='{"a":{"742597609":{"v":673,"p":4.91,"lb":"test1","av":58,"sl":11.6},"534165346":{"v":777,"p":5.66,"lb":"test2","av":58,"sl":13.3}},"b":16092018}'

;JSMN compatibility
$JSON=StringRegExpReplace($JSON,'"\d{9}":','')
$JSON=StringReplace($JSON,'{"a":{','{"a":[')
$JSON=StringReplace($JSON,'}},','}],')

;produces
;$JSON='{"a":[{"v":673,"p":4.91,"lb":"test1","av":58,"sl":11.6},{"v":777,"p":5.66,"lb":"test2","av":58,"sl":13.3}],"b":16092018}'

Local $objJson = Jsmn_Decode($JSON)

If Jsmn_IsObject($objJson) Then
    Local $auctions = Jsmn_ObjGet($objJson, "a")
    For $i = 0 To UBound($auctions)-1
        Local $objJson2 = $auctions[$i]
        ConsoleWrite(Jsmn_ObjGet($objJson2, "p"))
    Next
EndIf

What am I doing wrong ? Is it possible to get the auction details (like "p" in this example) without transforming the JSON string ?

Edited by level20peon