Sign in to follow this  
lavascript

Correct way to populate this 2-dimensional array?

So... this doesn't work.

#include <Array.au3>

Local $aTest1[3] = ["Thing1 Thing2 Thing3","Thing4 Thing5 Thing6","Thing7 Thing8 Thing9"]

Local $aTest2[3][3]
For $i = 0 to UBound($aTest1)
$aTest2[$i] = StringSplit($aTest1[$i]," ")
Next

_ArrayDisplay($aTest2)

It seems that a 2-dimensional array is completely different from an array in which every element is an array.

The result I'm hoping for is:

$aTest2[0][0] = "Thing1"
$aTest2[0][1] = "Thing2"
$aTest2[0][2] = "Thing3"
$aTest2[1][0] = "Thing4"
$aTest2[1][1] = "Thing5"
$aTest2[1][2] = "Thing6"
$aTest2[2][0] = "Thing7"
$aTest2[2][1] = "Thing8"
$aTest2[2][2] = "Thing9"

#include <Array.au3>

Local $aArray_1[3] = ['Thing1 Thing2 Thing3', 'Thing4 Thing5 Thing6', 'Thing7 Thing8 Thing9']

Local Const $iUBound = UBound($aArray_1)
Local $aArray_2[3][3], $aSplit = 0
For $i = 0 To $iUBound - 1
    $aSplit = StringSplit($aArray_1[$i], ' ', 2)
    For $j = 0 To UBound($aSplit) - 1
        $aArray_2[$i][$j] = $aSplit[$j]
    Next
Next
_ArrayDisplay($aArray_2)

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

lavascript,

You need to extract the elements before loading them into the array: ;)

#include <Array.au3>

Local $aTest1[3] = ["Thing1 Thing2 Thing3", "Thing4 Thing5 Thing6", "Thing7 Thing8 Thing9"]

Local $aTest2[3][3]
For $i = 0 To UBound($aTest1) - 1
    $aTemp = StringSplit($aTest1[$i], " ", 2)
    For $j = 0 To UBound($aTemp) - 1
        $aTest2[$i][$j] = $aTemp[$j]
    Next
Next

_ArrayDisplay($aTest2)

All clear? :)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Try this:

#include <Array.au3>

Local $aTest1[3] = ["Thing1 Thing2 Thing3","Thing4 Thing5 Thing6","Thing7 Thing8 Thing9"]

Local $aTest2[3][3]
For $i = 0 to UBound($aTest1) - 1
$split = StringSplit($aTest1[$i]," ", 2)
For $x = 0 To UBound($split) - 1
$aTest2[$i][$x] = $split[$x]
Next
Next

_ArrayDisplay($aTest2)

Hi!

Edited by Nessie

My UDF: NetInfo UDF Play with your network, check your download/upload speed and much more! YTAPI Easy to use YouTube API, now you can easy retrive all needed info from a video. NavInfo Check if a specific browser is installed and retrive other usefull information. YWeather Easy to use Yahoo Weather API, now you can easily retrive details about the weather in a specific region. No-IP UDF Easily update your no-ip hostname(s).

My Script: Wallpaper Changer Change you wallpaper dinamically, you can also download your wallpaper from your website and share it with all!   My Snippet: _ImageSaveToBMPConvert an image to bmp format. _SciteGOTO Open a file in SciTE at specific fileline. _FileToHex Show the hex code of a specified file

Local $aTest1[3][3] = [["Thing1", "Thing2", "Thing3"], ["Thing4", "Thing5", "Thing6"], ["Thing7", "Thing8", "Thing9"]]

...or to make it more readable:

Local $aTest1[3][3] = [ _
     ["Thing1", "Thing2", "Thing3"], _
     ["Thing4", "Thing5", "Thing6"], _
     ["Thing7", "Thing8", "Thing9"] _
     ]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By roeselpi
      hello again,
      it has been a long time since i have been here and a long time since i last used autoit. ever so often when the time allows me to, then i follow up on an idea that i had a long time ago. i have done all the work on paper but now it is up to writing it in autoit and i keep stumbling over many little issues here and there. sometimes after a few days i will try again and get a step further but sometimes it just will not help no matter how long i try and think about a solution. for most of you it will be the basics but for me it is not all that easy, but at least i give it a try.
      right, down to business:
      here is my code:
      #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> #include <StringConstants.au3> #include <Array.au3> #include <String.au3> ; ; PART 1: define replacements and check with msgbox ; Global $y, $z $y = "Yes" $z = "No" MsgBox(0,"replacements", $y & @CRLF & $z) ;the replacements in a message box ; ; PART 2: set the texts and check via console and msgbox ; Global $my1string = "abab" ;the first specified text MsgBox(0,"my1string", $my1string) ;the message box to output the first specified text Global $my2string = "icic" ;the second specified text MsgBox(0,"my2string", $my2string) ;the message box to output the second specified text ; ; PART 3: transform the strings to individual arrays ; $my1array = StringSplit($my1string, "") $my1array[0] = "" _ArrayDelete($my1array, 0) _ArrayDisplay($my1array, "my1array") ;the display of the first specified array $my2array = StringSplit($my2string, "") $my2array[0] = "" _ArrayDelete($my2array, 0) _ArrayDisplay($my2array, "my2array") ;the display of the first specified array ; ; PART 4: create an empty array for filling ; Global $OutputArray[4] $OutputArray[0] = "" _ArrayDisplay($OutputArray, "OutputArray") ;the display of the first specified array ; ; PART 5: compare & fill empty OutputArray with data after evaluation ; Global $i, $j, $k For $i = 0 to UBound($my1array) -1 For $j = 0 to UBound($my2array) -1 For $k = 0 to UBound($OutputArray) -1 If $my1array[$i] = "a" And $my2array[$j] = "i" Then $OutputArray[$k] = $y Else $OutputArray[$k] = $z EndIf Next Next Next _ArrayDisplay($OutputArray, "OutputArray") ;the display of the Newly filled Array In "Part 2" i make a string that is converted to an array in "Part 3" ... Now, I know that "a" and "i" are always in the exact same spot in both arrays and so i wanted to compare this and make a further array to document my findings by saying "yes" or "no" ... however my new array keeps saying just "no" allthough i can clearly see and know that it should say:
      yes no yes no my guess is that there is something wrong within my for-loops and that the counting is somehow "off" i guess that when the first for-loop is finished it reaches the second whilst the second for-loop is checking the first which would explain why it always says "no" instead of seeing the obvious.
      so my question would be: what is wrong with my for-loop? or where am i making an error that ultimately gives me the wrong results?
      help is much appreciated.
      kind regards
      roeselpi

PS: sorry for my not so great english spelling ... stupid german sitting here trying out intermediate english skills.
    • By Jangal
      Hello friends
      This app is slow
      How to increase its speed?

#include <Array.au3> #include <StringConstants.au3> #include <File.au3> #include <String.au3> Global $aWord[][2]  = [[1, "google"],[2,"hello"]]

Global $sFileName = @ScriptDir & "\1.txt" ; 2MB Text File Local $sFileRead = FileRead($sFileName) Local $res = StringRegExp($sFileRead, "(*UCP)\b[\pL\d]{2,}", 3) _ArrayDisplay($res)   for $sWord in $res     $iIndex = _ArraySearch($aWord, $sWord, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 2)     ;MsgBox(0,0,$iIndex)     if $iIndex == -1 Then         Local $aFill = [[0,$sWord]]         _ArrayAdd($aWord,$aFill)        ;      Else         $aWord[$iIndex][0] +=1     EndIf   Next _ArrayDisplay($aWord)

1.txt
    • By Colduction
      Hi dear friends!, i'm sorry for creating a new thread (a new problem), i have over than 9 lists that i want to combine them to be this (in this example, there are 3 test files):

I've written a little code for splitting main information, but i really confused how to make results as "Output.txt", here is that code:

$sRegex_1 = StringRegExp(FileRead("1.txt"), '(?s:(?<=\=\=\r\n)(.*?)(?=\r\n\=\=))', 3) $sRegex_2 = StringRegExp(FileRead("2.txt"), '(?s:(?<=\=\=\r\n)(.*?)(?=\r\n\=\=))', 3) $sRegex_3 = StringRegExp(FileRead("3.txt"), '(?s:(?<=\=\=\r\n)(.*?)(?=\r\n\=\=))', 3) For $i = 0 To UBound($sRegex_1) - 1 ConsoleWrite($sRegex_1[$i] & @CRLF) For $j = 0 To UBound($sRegex_2) - 1 ConsoleWrite($sRegex_2[$j] & @CRLF) For $k = 0 To UBound($sRegex_3) - 1 ConsoleWrite($sRegex_3[$k] & @CRLF) Next Next Next  
    • By nacerbaaziz
      hello evrybody
      here is an example about how to split your texts using a delimiter with the ability to select how much of delimiters shows in each colum  with $i_number
      e.g
      you have a long text and you want to split it in an array
      that evry colum have a number (n) of lines
      i made a function that do that for you
      just call it with a three params
      $s_text
      your text
      $i_number
      the number that you want to put in each col
      $s_siparator
      the siparator
      default is "|"
      here is the function with example
      i hope that it will be useful for you

#include <Array.au3> $s_txt = "some text1some text2|some text3|some text4|some text5|some text6" $array = splitText($s_txt, 2) _ArrayDisplay($array) Func splitText($s_text, $i_number, $s_siparator = "|") Local $a_TXT = StringSplit($s_text, $s_siparator) Local $a_Return[$a_TXT[0] + 1] If ($a_TXT[0] <= $i_number) Or ($i_number <= 0) Then ReDim $a_Return[2] $a_Return[0] = 1 $a_Return[1] = $s_text Return $a_Return EndIf Local $i_Processed = 1, $i_arrayProcessed = 1 Do For $i = $i_Processed To ($i_Processed + $i_number) - 1 If ($a_TXT[0] < $i) Then ExitLoop If Not ($a_Return[$i_arrayProcessed]) Then $a_Return[$i_arrayProcessed] = $a_TXT[$i] Else $a_Return[$i_arrayProcessed] &= $s_siparator & $a_TXT[$i] EndIf $i_Processed += 1 Next $i_arrayProcessed += 1 Until ($a_TXT[0] < $i_Processed) ReDim $a_Return[$i_arrayProcessed] $a_Return[0] = $i_arrayProcessed - 1 Return $a_Return EndFunc ;==>splitText
      accept my greetings
      thanks to
      @Dan_555
      for his notes

• By MesterPerfect
      good morning
      this is the first post here in the autoit forums
      i hope that you can help me in my problem
      i have a JSON encoded
      it a map of my forums
      where i want to make a treeview that have the same type of map
      e.g
      a system (as category)
      windows (as sub category)
      software (as an child item in the windows category)
      i don't know how to do that
      so, i know that i can do that using the json functions
      but i need your help about how we can do it as the type that i told you
      by the way i need to put the sub info for each item in an array that give me the ability to manage my items
      e.g
      can post thread
      can reply
      message cound ...
      you just give me a small example and i can continue.
      am sorry if this against the rules of the forum.
      but i realy searched a lot but i couldn't
      i hope some one give me the way.
      thank you very much in advance

here is the link of json forum
      https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/148114-a-non-strict-json-udf-jsmn/
      and here is my encoded json file

{ "tree_map": { "0": [ 1, 5, 6, 7 ], "1": [ 2 ], "2": [ 4 ], "5": [ 3 ], "6": [ 8 ], "8": [ 9, 10 ] }, "nodes": [ { "breadcrumbs": [], "description": "", "display_in_list": true, "display_order": 1, "node_id": 1, "node_name": null, "node_type_id": "Category", "parent_node_id": 0, "title": "Main category", "type_data": {} }, { "breadcrumbs": [ { "node_id": 1, "title": "Main category", "node_type_id": "Category" } ], "description": "", "display_in_list": true, "display_order": 1, "node_id": 2, "node_name": null, "node_type_id": "Forum", "parent_node_id": 1, "title": "Main forum", "type_data": { "allow_poll": true, "allow_posting": true, "can_create_thread": true, "can_upload_attachment": true, "discussion_count": 0, "last_post_date": 0, "last_post_id": 0, "last_post_username": "", "last_thread_id": 0, "last_thread_prefix_id": 0, "last_thread_title": "", "message_count": 0, "min_tags": 0, "require_prefix": false } }, { "breadcrumbs": [ { "node_id": 1, "title": "Main category", "node_type_id": "Category" }, { "node_id": 2, "title": "Main forum", "node_type_id": "Forum" } ], "description": "", "display_in_list": true, "display_order": 1, "node_id": 4, "node_name": null, "node_type_id": "Forum", "parent_node_id": 2, "title": "my forums1", "type_data": { "allow_poll": true, "allow_posting": true, "can_create_thread": true, "can_upload_attachment": true, "discussion_count": 0, "last_post_date": 0, "last_post_id": 0, "last_post_username": "", "last_thread_id": 0, "last_thread_prefix_id": 0, "last_thread_title": "", "message_count": 0, "min_tags": 0, "require_prefix": false } }, { "breadcrumbs": [], "description": "", "display_in_list": true, "display_order": 2, "node_id": 5, "node_name": null, "node_type_id": "Category", "parent_node_id": 0, "title": "Perfect", "type_data": {} }, { "breadcrumbs": [ { "node_id": 5, "title": "Perfect", "node_type_id": "Category" } ], "description": "", "display_in_list": true, "display_order": 2, "node_id": 3, "node_name": null, "node_type_id": "Forum", "parent_node_id": 5, "title": "ahmed", "type_data": { "allow_poll": true, "allow_posting": true, "can_create_thread": true, "can_upload_attachment": true, "discussion_count": 0, "last_post_date": 0, "last_post_id": 0, "last_post_username": "", "last_thread_id": 0, "last_thread_prefix_id": 0, "last_thread_title": "", "message_count": 0, "min_tags": 0, "require_prefix": false } }, { "breadcrumbs": [], "description": "", "display_in_list": true, "display_order": 3, "node_id": 6, "node_name": null, "node_type_id": "Forum", "parent_node_id": 0, "title": "autoit", "type_data": { "allow_poll": true, "allow_posting": true, "can_create_thread": true, "can_upload_attachment": true, "discussion_count": 0, "last_post_date": 0, "last_post_id": 0, "last_post_username": "", "last_thread_id": 0, "last_thread_prefix_id": 0, "last_thread_title": "", "message_count": 0, "min_tags": 0, "require_prefix": false } }, { "breadcrumbs": [ { "node_id": 6, "title": "autoit", "node_type_id": "Forum" } ], "description": "", "display_in_list": true, "display_order": 3, "node_id": 8, "node_name": null, "node_type_id": "Forum", "parent_node_id": 6, "title": "examples", "type_data": { "allow_poll": true, "allow_posting": true, "can_create_thread": true, "can_upload_attachment": true, "discussion_count": 0, "last_post_date": 0, "last_post_id": 0, "last_post_username": "", "last_thread_id": 0, "last_thread_prefix_id": 0, "last_thread_title": "", "message_count": 0, "min_tags": 0, "require_prefix": false } }, { "breadcrumbs": [ { "node_id": 6, "title": "autoit", "node_type_id": "Forum" }, { "node_id": 8, "title": "examples", "node_type_id": "Forum" } ], "description": "", "display_in_list": true, "display_order": 3, "node_id": 9, "node_name": null, "node_type_id": "Forum", "parent_node_id": 8, "title": "GUI", "type_data": { "allow_poll": true, "allow_posting": true, "can_create_thread": true, "can_upload_attachment": true, "discussion_count": 0, "last_post_date": 0, "last_post_id": 0, "last_post_username": "", "last_thread_id": 0, "last_thread_prefix_id": 0, "last_thread_title": "", "message_count": 0, "min_tags": 0, "require_prefix": false } }, { "breadcrumbs": [ { "node_id": 6, "title": "autoit", "node_type_id": "Forum" }, { "node_id": 8, "title": "examples", "node_type_id": "Forum" } ], "description": "", "display_in_list": true, "display_order": 31, "node_id": 10, "node_name": null, "node_type_id": "Forum", "parent_node_id": 8, "title": "windowEX", "type_data": { "allow_poll": true, "allow_posting": true, "can_create_thread": true, "can_upload_attachment": true, "discussion_count": 0, "last_post_date": 0, "last_post_id": 0, "last_post_username": "", "last_thread_id": 0, "last_thread_prefix_id": 0, "last_thread_title": "", "message_count": 0, "min_tags": 0, "require_prefix": false } }, { "breadcrumbs": [], "description": "", "display_in_list": true, "display_order": 4, "node_id": 7, "node_name": null, "node_type_id": "Category", "parent_node_id": 0, "title": "vbs", "type_data": {} } ] }