Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
afzalw

Excel file Opened and Closed still remained in Task Manager

10 posts in this topic

I have used the following code to open and close an excel file after working in it, but after the file is closed I checked the task manager it shows EXCEL.EXE * 32 in the process tab. Is there a way to remove this from task manager also when I close my excel workbook ?

Thanks

; Open the already existing Excel File
#include <Excel.au3>
$oExcel = ObjCreate("Excel.Application")

Local $sFilePath1 = @ScriptDir & "\Excel File.xlsm" ;This file should already exist
Local $oExcel = _ExcelBookOpen($sFilePath1)       ;Opening the file

$oExcel.application.quit  ;Closing the Excel Application

Have you used _ExcelBookClose?

Hi!

My UDF: NetInfo UDF Play with your network, check your download/upload speed and much more! YTAPI Easy to use YouTube API, now you can easy retrive all needed info from a video. NavInfo Check if a specific browser is installed and retrive other usefull information. YWeather Easy to use Yahoo Weather API, now you can easily retrive details about the weather in a specific region. No-IP UDF Easily update your no-ip hostname(s).

My Script: Wallpaper Changer Change you wallpaper dinamically, you can also download your wallpaper from your website and share it with all!   My Snippet: _ImageSaveToBMPConvert an image to bmp format. _SciteGOTO Open a file in SciTE at specific fileline. _FileToHex Show the hex code of a specified file

Have you used _ExcelBookClose?

Hi!

Yes, I did, it does not work. Is there any other way or a direct way to close excel.exe from Task Manager's Process Tab.

Thanks

Very rude way:

If ProcessExists("excel.exe") Then
    ProcessClose("excel.exe")
EndIf

Hi!

1 person likes this

My UDF: NetInfo UDF Play with your network, check your download/upload speed and much more! YTAPI Easy to use YouTube API, now you can easy retrive all needed info from a video. NavInfo Check if a specific browser is installed and retrive other usefull information. YWeather Easy to use Yahoo Weather API, now you can easily retrive details about the weather in a specific region. No-IP UDF Easily update your no-ip hostname(s).

My Script: Wallpaper Changer Change you wallpaper dinamically, you can also download your wallpaper from your website and share it with all!   My Snippet: _ImageSaveToBMPConvert an image to bmp format. _SciteGOTO Open a file in SciTE at specific fileline. _FileToHex Show the hex code of a specified file

You are mixing UDF functions and your own direct access.

Unfortunately the Excel UDF doesn't support the new file formats of Excel 2007 and later.

Please have a look at my ExcelEX UDF (for download please check my signature).

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2017-04-18 - Version 1.4.8.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2017-02-27 - Version 1.3.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2015-04-01 - Version 0.4.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki
PowerPoint (2015-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

Thankyou, worked like I wanted.

Glad to help you.

Glad to help you.

If I have to open Excel again afterwards do I have to use $oExcel = ObjCreate("Excel.Application") again

or

just use

Local $sFilePath1 = @ScriptDir & "Master File.xlsm" ;This file should already exist

Local $oExcel = _ExcelBookOpen($sFilePath1) ;Opening the file

#9 ·  Posted (edited)

I think that if you dont have closed the $oExcel object you dont need to re-use:

$oExcel = ObjCreate("Excel.Application")

So

$oExcel = _ExcelBookOpen($sFilePath1)
should be fine.

Hi!

Edited by Nessie
1 person likes this

set $oExcel = 0 at the end